3.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

I have the shade Bronzed Bell and I'm a huge fan. When I first bought it, I was worried about there being a learning curve with application. I'm not entirely new to makeup but I'm certainly not an expert and this is my first liquid eyeshadow product. However, I found it's actually really easy to put on with just my finger. The applicator doesn't pick up too much product but I also don't have to pack it on in layers because the color is pretty opaque, which I like. Just a few dots across my lid and then rubbing in with my finger is perfect. It's not too much sparkle, certainly more than a regular glitter eyeshadow, but nothing ridiculous looking. The shade I have looks good on its own or as part of a full eye look with base + crease shades (from a palette). I have oily skin and eyelids but the glitter does not get all over my face or up in my eyebrows. These do not crease whereas powder shadows always do on me after a few hours. Overall, I'm a huge fan, and will definitely be buying more shades.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

5 months ago

I bought these at TJ Maxx for $7.99 and I still feel like I overpaid. The packaging is gorgeous, especially if you have a few to line up...I have 4. I have 2 glitters and 2 glows. Although I love the look the glitters give, they get dull VERY fast and they do fall all over your face. I like glitter all over my face and put it liberally on purpose, but I don't like when my eye glitter falls onto my cheeks because it doesn't look deliberate or properly applied, obviously. These also burn my eyes not just on application (as most glitters do) but AFTER I take them off my eyes are swollen and red the next day. I assume I am allergic but I've never had that reaction to any other glitters or liquid eyeshadows. If you like the effect of these when first applied and don't mind the hefty price tag then the Limecrime Diamond Dews are MUCH better value for the money and the packaging is even cuter. The shade range isn't as large and they don't have glow types, but what they do have lasts and glitters (on your eyes only) all day long. You could even get the Diamond Crushers (meant for the lips, these DO sting a bit on application but the Diamond Dews meant for the eyes do not) as those do have glow type formulas as well as glitters, and they will perform much better than these Stilas.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

1.0

a year ago

Trash. I don’t appreciate looking like a streetwalker after two hours of wear because it looks like I sprayed glitter all over my face!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

My boyfriend got me this as a Xmas present and it was the best, I don't use glitter very often but when I use this I love it, is so practical that you don't need to apply glitter glue, the shades are stunning, I have 6 of the minis that were the Xmas collection, 3 are metallic and 3 are glitter. The full sizes are expensive but worth the price for sure! The only thing is that you need to apply it carefully because if you don't you will have glitter all over your face, you need to apply it part by part on your eyelid without putting layers of it. This make any simple look you do look like you have a produce eye look. It also has a lot of product for the amount you need so it will last you forever.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

2 years ago

<object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/8Ga9ZVq9JfY"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/8Ga9ZVq9JfY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object> I knew this product was beautiful from watching YouTube videos, but when I opened up my tube, I was seriously shocked at how stunning it is. I have Retro Rose Gold, and it's a lovely metallic pink base with gold glitters in it. It's a much more fine glitter than say the Urban Decay Heavy Metals which are a bit more chunky. The effect the Stila leaves on your eyes is a seriously molten metal look. It applies smoothly, blends out easily, dries not too quick and not too slow, and layers comfortably on top of itself. I can confidently wear this shadow with or without other powder shadows for 12+ hours. No fall out at all! My lids are hooded and greasy, so I have been very impressed with their performance. I can not get over how good this is. If you love glitter, you have got to get this item! It's so user-friendly.

About reviewer (306 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

2 years ago

I have tried to use these twice, and unfortunately both times were disastrous. Luckily my first attempt was in a college town during a big event, so being covered in glitter wasn't terribly out of place. But when I say covered, I mean covered...it was all over my face, on my boyfriend, it was just a mess. So I tried again for a night event, and thought I'd try adding a base, letting it dry more before moving, gentle with the setting spray- I was hopeful. Sadly though, this product is just not for me. Maybe it doesn't hold on my eyes but I'm just not into glitter where I don't want it- I have at least 30 loose pigments that don't do that to me at all. I'll give 2 stars because the range of colors is beautiful and I know they do work for others. The product itself is gorgeous and I love the applicator, but I think the price is high unless it's for the special mini kits.

About reviewer (179 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

Although these seem expensive for what they are, I recently got a holiday kit with minis for 25 USD and it is brilliant. I got to play with Stila's bestselling shades and loved them all. I do think that there is a learning curve here; you definitely need to let these shadows air dry because they apply pretty wet. I am no stranger to glitter and this might be the easiest way to wear it. Just stick to a shade you like and you're good to go. I personally apply these at the very end of my make-up look, because if you rub them after they dry down - you will create a mess. I have experienced zero fall-down though, which was a huge relief based on all the mixed reviews I kept hearing. I love my minis and will certainly purchase one of these when I run out. I have swatches of Kitten Karma and few other shades here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/12/12/Sephora-Favourites-December-2017). I also give more application tips on how to make these look/wear well, so hope you find it helpful.

About reviewer (553 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3.0

2 years ago

These are absolutely beautiful glitter HOWEVER, these are strictly meant to be worn for a night out or for 4 hours max otherwise you'll find glitter all over your face. Hopefully you aren't doing any activities that make you sweat because these won't stay on your lids. It's pretty pricy as well. Glitter in this form hasn't been nailed down without fallout by any brand yet but these are one step closer in that direction

About reviewer (237 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Ugh!!!! These are soooooo beautiful on the eye! However, I CANNOT get down with all the fallout! I have tried every primer and type of glitter glue on the market with zero luck. I am pretty bummed over this dilemma - not just because I purchased 4 of these the millisecond they came out, but also because they glide on smoothly, are insanely pigmented, and are stunning beyond belief. Being that I cant be the only humanoid dealing with this problem, I can't give a rave review.

About reviewer (497 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

3 years ago

This is a fantastic item for a ten second photo. It is stunning and the base colour is beautiful, but there is no saving the glitter from falling out all over your face.

About reviewer (423 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm