Guerlain Guerlain L'OR Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold

No Image

2.3

on 11/21/2017 11:19:00 AM

All the beauty gurus on youtube who have been raving about this primer are full of crap. A friend of mine, who is over 50, was raving about this primer and how it tightens the skin and makes foundation go on more smooth. While it worked great for her, it did nothing for my 40 year old face. I didn't feel any tightening or brightening or anything. I've been using it daily for the past two weeks and there is no difference in the way my foundation lays either. I'll continue to use it just because it's expensive and I want to finish the bottle. The texture of the primer is very liquid and there is a strong perfume aroma to it. I will give it credit that it didn't ball up on me like some primers do. I hate it when you apply all your lotion and toners and serums and then your primer reacts with everything and forms little balls all over your face. Your skin ends up looking like you were sunburned and it's peeling off. This primer didn't do that and worked well with all my skincare items. I just can't justify spending $75 for that. I bought it during the Sephora 20% off sale but it's not worth it. Save your money.

I hate this product. It literally does nothing for your foundation (or your skin, if you feel like believing those bs claims about how it lifts your face). It feels like you're applying a mixture of water and alcohol to your face. Save your money, stay away from this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this free gift (5mL 0.16 fl oz) with makeup purchase at bloomingdales.com. I had never used a primer prior to this and wasn't sure how to apply. I first used as a toner. Wrong! I applied over my moisturizer. It is a bit strong and felt like it was burning on parts of my face: under eyes and cheek area. I will say it goes on well and makes makeup stay on longer. I already wear Long lasting foundation: Estee Lauder double wear, but after long day in Texas humidity, even Double Wear breaks down. With primer, double wear went the extra mile. I have beautiful complexion, pores are smaller and under eyes and nose area very smooths even hours later.

Then I discovered how much this stuff costs. Yikes! So I tried NYX angel veil after many raves on YouTube. Seemed like nice cheaper alternative. I did face half and half. After long day over 10 hours. Nyx on my face appeared to look same as the Guerlain side. No big differences. Sometimes under eye creases occurred, I would take my ring finger and dab dab and creases would disappear beautiful on both sides.

For the price, save your money.

on 1/12/2017 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Hmmm, it's OK; that's about as excited as I get about it. It was about £50 from House of Fraser. It comes in nice, heavy, luxurious bottle with a pump. For that much money, i suppose I expect better things. It doesn't last long inasmuch as the bottle is rapidly emptying (I bought it in early December and it's almost finished) and it didn't make my foundation last longer (which is also Guerlain at the moment - Parure Gold - and also a bit of a miss, at least for me). It's definitely good quality and will probably look amazing on some people, it just didn't work for me (I'm 51, have combination skin, bit of redness/larger pores around the nose but nothing drastic, rarely get spots - fairly good skin, all in all). Same goes for the foundation, really.