Eucerin Ultra Sensitive Soothing Care Normal to Combination Skin

Eucerin Ultra Sensitive Soothing Care Normal to Combination Skin

Aqua, Squalane, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Methylpropanediol, Tapioca Starch, Arginine HCL, Cetearyl Alcohol, 4-t-Butylcyclohexanol (Trans-Isomer), Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sodium Carbomer, Caprylyl Glycol.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this moisturizer for 2 months now, and I will keep on doing that (at least during the Summer months). I have sensitive skin, that easily gets red and irritated. It has dry patches and it has oily areas. I don't break out easily, though. I have been looking for a moisturizer that is non-oily, that moisturizes enough, that is without any active anti-aging, SPF, aclohol and perfume (I'd like to control what SPF products I put on my face). It has been really difficult to find such moisturizer.

But, this moisturizer hydrades AND softens the skin without irritating it. It sinks quickly into your skin, not leaving any film or other ugliness on the surface. I love that it is fragrance free.

I wouldn't go so far as claiming that it "calms the skin", as the sell pitch says, but it doesn't further any damage. And, well, technically, one could claim that because using this product literally means removing irritants from the skin routine, thus, resulting in lesser red skin... However, I don't think the moisturizer ITSELF calms anything, it is rather the action of using a non-irritant that is the reason why my skin is less red now.

I like the packaging. It is designed not to let any oxygen into the container, thus, no perservatives are needed.

There is one "however", though. I don't think it is rich enough for my skin during the Swedish winter. I have gotten the moisturizer for dry skin as well, which I sometimes use as night cream. I think that one will be great for the colder months, but as for the Summer - this one for combination skin is excellent!

I do recommend this for persons with sensitive skin (as long as they remember that it is not the richest cream). I will buy it again. For sure.

Nice texture, hydrates without oiliness, great price, no perfumes, no allergies. Great product!

I have combination skin and I had to most redness on my t zone but I cant really use it on my t zone cause it will lightly break me out so I use it on my cheecks and its verry good moisturizer. They say its vor combination skin. But i would say its not.

I was allergy to simple product it's moisturiser and sunblock .i Had break out immediate after applied it for 2 days. Then I saw this product stated as hyper sensitive soothing cream. I give it a try and it works perfectly well after my first apply. I could feel the calmness and soothing in my skin immediate after applying it. It really deserve a 5 lipstick. I will definitely repurchase.

on 1/12/2017 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

"The Eucerin Hypersensitive Skin range help manage the three signs that are consistent for hypersensitive skin - a weakened skin barrier, hyper-reactivity and irritation.... ideal make-up base, non-comedogenic, absorbs quickly, preservatives-free, paraben-free, paraffin-free, fragrance-free, alcohol-free, colourants-free, emulsifier-free

I searched for months for a moisturiser that would suit my sensitive, acne prone, oily when dehydrated or irritated, PIH, skin type. I had some Tretinoin waiting in the wings but I couldn't start using till I found a moisturiser that my skin would like. Previously I'd just used an oil but I needed more. Not easy with a phenoxyethanol sensitivity and other common ingredient sensitivites.

I saw this moisturiser for normal/combination skin (the dry skin one is full of pore cloggers for me) range and took a chance. Sooo glad I did as it layers well, doesn't pile under liquid nor powder foundation, plays nice with skin treatments the list goes on. I use it primarily at night as my moisturising step, serum > treatment > 1 full pump of this moisturiser over face and neck > oil. (I buffer treatments with a little serum. It works for me) In the morning I use a tiny bit as an eyecream and a little more on my neck.

It sinks into my skin and doesn't make my skin oily at all. For thirsty skin this is not a stand alone product but it is a steady work horse in an ensemble, I find it great.

I get 4 months of use out of a 50ml pump, which is good to know as the airless pump is totally opaque. Great for preserving light sensitive ingredients, not so great to work out how much is left, by the 3 month mark I got a little antsy it was going to run out so bought a back up. That's when I knew it was a keeper. I've just bought my 3rd as it was 50% off which makes it a steal (rrp £16.50).

Skin geek moment, on the packaging it says that it is preservatives-free, paraben-free, paraffin-free, fragrance-free, alcohol-free, colourants-free, emulsifier-free...hmm, there is a strong whiff of marketing right there. As the first ingredient is water, anything with water has to be preserved from bacteria and fungus. It is simple. I could go on but.... along with the roulette of when it runs out I give this 4 lipsticks. But it is still goood.

HTH.