wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 10/21/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am writing this review as I just finished the last drop of my Photo Focus foundation this morning and suddenly realized I cannot not have it! I very rarely ever finish an entire bottle of a liquid foundation, most of them expire and, sadly, have to go... This one was an exception. Definitely repurchasing it tomorrow.

It is a medium coverage foundation, buildable to full, in my opinion. Blends very easily with both a brush and a sponge. It gives me the nicest blurring effect, the skin looks nearly airbrushed after I finish my makeup. It is not dewy, nor very matt, something in the middle, just like I prefer (I have combination skin, normal on good days). Its long lasting power is another huge plus.

It's a really beautiful foundation and I could see it working on different skin types and for people with different makeup preferences. It's definitely worth trying for the price.

on 10/20/2018 7:44:00 PM

Oh. My. Goodness. This drugstore foundation definitely puts some of the high-end brands a run for their money! Wet-N-Wild did not come to play when they made this product. This foundation is medium-full coverage, it is long lasting, very lightweight, and extremely easy to blend out. Personally, I found that it was easier to blend this out with a brush rather then a beauty sponge as it is a little on the runny side and the sponge soaked up most of the product. This foundations comes in very many shades, I’m sure that you will be able to find your perfect match if you want to try this for yourself. The one and ONLY thing that i did not like about this was the packaging. Im not really sure what they were trying to do with the spatula thingy but if this had a pump it would be even more amazing then it already is. This foundation is only $5 and you can not tell one bit that it is that cheap once it is on your face. When i tried this out and people asked me what foundation i was wearing they did not believe me when i told them that it was Wet-N-Wild. Please go out and try this, i guarantee you will love it just as much if not more than i do!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely love this foundation. Foundation in my opinion is the most personal preference product, so obviously this might not work as well as it does for me for everyone, but for my normal to oily combination skin (normal cheeks and super oily tzone) this is my favorite foundation I own, and I own some very expensive ones. I don't have dry skin but I don't know why anyone with dry skin would buy a foundation that is described as matte and then have sad face when it clings to dry patches (for dry girls I've heard great things about their cushion foundation as a dewier option, but I've never tried it because I already know it wont work for my skin type). I've always bought high end foundations, but I've seen so many youtubers raving about this one that I was curious. I was at Walgreens and there was a sale on wet n wild to where the already ridiculously cheap photo focus foundation was reduced to 3.99 (seriously), so I grabbed two shades on a whim thinking what the heck. Can I just say that I was SHOOK. I think this finish is perfect for skin like mine because not as flat and lifeless as full on matte foundations, but not too dewy to where my face is an oilslick by noon, but the finish is stunning. It's very buildable, and even when you build it up to fuller coverage it still looks very very skin like. It lasts well, not anything crazy (I for one don't particularly care if a foundation lasts 18 hours because I'm never going to wear it that long), but with setting spray it'll look nice for a good 10-12 hours with minor touch up translucent powder in the afternoon for oil control. For all of the people complaining about the smell, it doesn't bother me at all but it is noticable straight out of the bottle, but I think it's important to mention the reason you smell that is because they don't put any perfumes in the product, which is great for people with sensitive skin I would think. I would rather smell the foundation than smell a bunch of perfumes. I have the shades nude ivory and nude beige (my skintone is neutral leaning slightly warm), and they're perfect for me because nude beige is me with a tan and nude ivory is me without one, so I can easily mix them together in different ratios as i fade from 1 to the other. The shade range is decent for a drug store foundation in my opinion, theres a warm neutral and cool shade for fair to deep skin tones. I also love that they write the undertone right on the bottle to take the guess work out of trying to shade match at the drugstore. With the price point it's easy to grab more than one and customize. I would prefer a pump as well, but the spatula is better than just an open bottle, I just usually dab some of each shade on the back of my hand and mix together and apply from there. It applies beautifully with both a beauty blender and a blurring foundation brush (I use the beauty blender for fuller coverage and the kabuki when I want something lighter). If you have combo skin and want oil control without the full matte flat face look, TRY THIS PRODUCT YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

on 9/18/2018 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Bought this on a whim to test out - I picked up shade 366C Buff Bisque, I'm normally NC20-25-ish during the summer/spray tan months. In a nutshell, this looks GREAT in photos, smells horrible, packaging is a little bulky, and the spatula probably has a lot of bacteria lingering on it. It's cheap (like $5 or so at ULTA?) This isn't as long lasting as my go to matte formulas, but for flawless foundation in photographs I'm willing to keep it around. I'd repurchase!

on 8/29/2018 3:02:00 AM

I think this foundation is suitable with flawless skin. It feels ok on my skin but i dont like the smell. And since i have noticeable pores, dark scars, this foundation wont do any help to cover it.

on 8/23/2018 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

OK, so I've used this four times--wanted to give it a fair try. I got Rose Ivory, I'm fair, neutral leaning cool.

PROS
Good coverage but not too heavy
Nice finish (though too matte for me)
Good wear time
Inexpensive, readily available

CONS
Awful smell, and I don't have a great sense of smell. Though it does dissipate quickly.
Way too flat/matte for my dry skin
Emphasizes deeper wrinkles

I did try applying with a brush, fingers, damp sponge; no real difference. The last time I mixed some oil with it, but other than thinning it (perhaps reducing coverage?), it didn't make a difference or create a dewier finish. Though it also didn't oxidize or break down from adding the oil. Too late to return, going into the declutter box. Not bad, probably great for oilier skin or those who like a matte finish, just not for me.

on 8/20/2018 4:05:00 AM

I LOVE this foundation and I don't love many. *I bought the Soft Ivory shade*
As an acne and rosacea sufferer, I've tried every foundation under the sun and honestly, none compare to how good this feels on my skin. It's light, blends so well with my beauty blender and has a lovely skin feel and look finish.

I really wish it had a pump applicator instead of the little spatula thing but I found that after a couple goes I was able to get the right amount on my blender and blissfully tap away on my skin. It also pairs amazingly well with its concealer from the same range which was my first and favourite purchase from Wet n Wild.

I find it lasts really well throughout the day but I don't expect my makeup to last over 12hrs, nor and I looking for that level of gunk on my sensitive face. I do set my concealer with a bit of powder from LA Girl and a spritz of Essence fixing spray all over and I feel good to go for the day without touchups. If I'm having a problematic day with redness that burns through which is just a rosacea treat (sighs), then I will touch up with some concealer in that area or drink a ton of water, whichever is closer. But burn through is something I've had with all foundations, least of all with this one, it feels much lighter and gentler on my sensitive skin.

I also love any foundation that looks like skin and doesn't cake or wear away in patches which I feel this one doesn't!

As a cruelty-free makeup user, WW is by far my favourite!

Also, I totally recommend trying the Oil Cleansing Method, it has been a life and skin changing find!!!

on 8/13/2018 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I started out loving the way this product looked on my skin over the course of my day. I looked past the fact that it smelled strongly of paint. I usually had to really buff it in to prevent streaking from my brushes and was able to use it. I've had a clear face for years. I've kept my same face product routine and its worked. I've been using it for a month and all of a sudden within the last two weeks I've had two huge cystic pimples on my forehead and cheek. I was devastated.. for one that I have spent so long without acne that I bruised my face trying to pop and get rid of these pimples. I've had acne in my teenage years but I'd never experienced cystic pimples in my life. I look on here and i see that other people had issues with break outs as well. I'm not sure what ingredient is to blame but i'd say be careful! because pimples won't happen over night or the next day. I've been using this for almost a month and got two huge pimples within the same week in the end.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After test-running this on myself for a while, I ended up adding it to my pro-kit because it really does photograph GORGEOUSLY and the price can't be beat. The main drawbacks are thus: it smells like paint...literally Home Depot interior latex house paint; It is not specifically a long-wear formula. I have worked around this for a recent bridal party job by using Wayne Goss' technique of combining and layering with setting spray and it really did the trick! My bride was asked about 8 hours after her makeup was done if it had just been done an hour or 2 before. The color range on this is decent for a drugstore and some websites like Ulta offer an extended range. Coverage is medium and fairly buildable. Texture blends out nicely and can be sheered. Shades may set darker than they appear in bottle, but oddly the color range skews toward paler than you would expect from the description. (I'm usually around NC20 and wear mostly "fair-light" range products and I was in the "light-medium" category with this product. ") This may not be a luxury foundation, but it works and it does the job very, very well. For someone like me who needs to keep multiple shades on hand and can't shell-out for $45 a bottle, it's fantastic!

on 7/28/2018 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

For reference I'm in between NC45 and NC50 in MAC. I wear Caramel when my summer tan fades. Toffee (which is the next shade up) is a little dark for me during the summer so I wear another foundation by Maybelline during the summer.

Pros:
Medium coverage but buildable
Matte finish
Doesn't settle into pores or lines
Good color selection
Lasts most of the day

Cons:
None.