wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.0

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I think this foundation is great for the price. It is medium-to-full coverage, looks great in flash photography, and leaves me with a dewy and fresh looking finish. I find that this look better when applied with a sponge as opposed to a brush. It usually takes me about two "spatulas" worth of product for a full face, but I have visible acne scarring.

My biggest issues with this foundation are the smell and the packaging. There is no pump, but a spatula with which you have to use to deposit the product onto the back of your hand before application. But for like $6, I wouldn't expect much else.

on 9/1/2017 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin, thus:

Pros:
*medium to medium- high coverage.
*looks like skin (seriously the finish is gorgeous)
*can be layered
*long wearing
*easy to apply with fingers/brush/sponge.
*fragrance free
*nice shade range with natural tones
*affordable and accessible

Cons:
* smells like house paint
*I can feel it on my skin through the the day
*doesn't control oil
* I had more BREAKOUTS/clogged pores when I was using it. (If this was the foundation's fault or caused by the amount of Nyx Matte Loose powder I had to use to keep myself matte and smooth looking throughout the day I'm not sure. That said Im still using that powder and Im breaking out a lot less since I stopped using it. YMMV)

This is a decent foundation, its just not for my skin type in this weather (the hot, humid weather of my city exacerbates the issue). It would be better for people with normal and combination skin not prone to acne.

The deal breaker for me is the fact that I can feel it on my skin. I hate that. Also, I'm worried that it seems to be causing clogged pores and breakouts.

So far my favorite Drugstore foundation is Loreal Pro matte because its weightless (can't feel it), I can layer it to get high coverage and it has a radiant, velvet matte finish that stays that way for most of the day. I prefer it even though the Finish of WNW Photo Focus is so much more skin like and I have to use a brush with Pro Matte or it looks like crap.

I won't repurchase or use ever again, and I took two lippies off because it breaks me out, I can FEEL IT on my skin all day (itchy and annoying), and it smells like house paint.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a pretty good work horse foundation. Price wise it was only $9.00 Canadian in Toronto, which is extremely low for foundation as even Maybelline's are now like $15. I have fairly normal to dry skin, tend to only break out a little once a mo., so not sure how it would work on oily skin. You need to work fast w/ it as it dries quickly. I find using a beauty blender sponge the best application. It is a solid med coverage, can be built to full, but at risk of looking overdone. I do like that it covers my hyperpigmentation scars if I re-layer it over those areas. What I like the most is, the longevity. Even after a 9 hour work day in a poorly air-conditioned medical office it remains on (UN-like any other of my DS foundation I have). Drawback of living in Toronto is that the darkest color at the Loblaws is "Amber-beige" and I'm an Indian who in the summer reaches an NC 43 so could have gone a shade up. I know that's not Wet N Wild's issue tho. One would just figure in a city of a high South East Asian population they'd have warmer shades avail.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

More reviews by MarvelousBee

This product is underwelming. I've tried wearing and applying it 4 different times and all have been disappointed. I've applied it with a beauty blender, flat top brush, and a stippling brush if I spelled that right. Just didn't move around or sit right. I used it with a primer and without one still broke up on my face around my mouth and it was on for about a hour or 2. If you do use this foundation you have to work fast because once it dries that's it. I had to work too hard to make this foundation work for me and then it was cakey and it separated not even after a full day. I'm going to give it one more try without a setting spray and use a different type of brush to apply it and try not to use a lot of it to see if that helps. I made a very honest review about this product on YouTube.
More reviews by MarvelousBee