wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.3

on 1/1/2019 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this Foundation Based on all the positive reviews on the wet and wild website. When I got it home I tried it out and I could not believe how amazing this Foundation makes your skin look. It absolutely makes it look like your wearing a very high-end Foundation. It gives your skin a very smooth look. I applied the Foundation using a beauty blender. To me it is a satin finish not greasy and not Matte. It gives your skin a total natural look. I will absolutely purchase this again. This may be my favorite New Foundation.
According to the wet and wild website my shade should have been golden beige based on the current brand foundation and color that I'm using currently. They were all out of golden beige so I picked up cream beige which is the next shade after golden beige. It's just a tad darker than I wanted but once it was on it looked fine I'm going to keep this one but I'm also going to pick up a golden beige.

01/01/2019 This is an update to my review. I went out and purchased the other shade which is golden beige in CVS. This is the correct shade. When I applied it for the second time I did notice it had a semi matte finish . It did not go into my fine lines and once it was it settled into skin, it didn't look semi matte anymore. For some reason the darker shade I applied yesterday didn't seem as matte than the lighter shade. Overall I'm still loving it. I will be wearing it for 13 hours today and will give an update .

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got this because Tati raves about it ! She had totally different skin than me though. This intensifies my acne and just does a really poor poor job! Sad i wanted to like it

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

First of all, I'm a light warm olive (I think? Undertones are weird) so in the summer I'm closer to Soft Beige (light medium warm) in the summer and Soft Ivory (light warm) in the winter. The undertones for me aren't perfect, but there's no orange or pink cast on my face and that's all I can really ask of a drugstore foundation at this point. I've bought dozens and 95% of them are actually unwearable for me. I really like that they put the tone and undertone on every bottle so there is 0 confusion.

Yes, it does smell like paint. It's not overwhelming (and I'm an artist) so I actually kind of like it. The bottle would be better as a pump, of course, but at least it's not one where you have to pour and end up with wayyy too much. The finish is medium in my opinion, but it's beautiful--blurring and not too matte. I set it with concealer, Coty Airspun powder, and NYX setting spray so it's not a big issue for me. It doesn't break out my skin, which is lovely, and works well with the elf primers.

It will get a bit oily throughout the day on me. I have oily skin though, so I'm not upset about it. I have to powder once or twice for a 12-16 hour makeup day. Other products blend well onto it, if you powder first (I'm not brave enough to try powder on a dried down foundation).

All in all, this is a wonderful foundation for $4-$6. I reach for it more than even maybelleine fit me (classic ivory is great in the summer for me, but there's no good winter shade so) or even my trusty revlon colorstay (separates on the face after a while even if the undertone matches perfectly).

on 8/13/2018 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I started out loving the way this product looked on my skin over the course of my day. I looked past the fact that it smelled strongly of paint. I usually had to really buff it in to prevent streaking from my brushes and was able to use it. I've had a clear face for years. I've kept my same face product routine and its worked. I've been using it for a month and all of a sudden within the last two weeks I've had two huge cystic pimples on my forehead and cheek. I was devastated.. for one that I have spent so long without acne that I bruised my face trying to pop and get rid of these pimples. I've had acne in my teenage years but I'd never experienced cystic pimples in my life. I look on here and i see that other people had issues with break outs as well. I'm not sure what ingredient is to blame but i'd say be careful! because pimples won't happen over night or the next day. I've been using this for almost a month and got two huge pimples within the same week in the end.

on 3/23/2018 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I prefer a natural finish but bought this for days I need higher coverage. I dislike this foundation and here is why:
-Horrible smell that is difficult to ignore
- Very drying and can look cakey on the face, do not recommend this for people with dry skin
- Feels heavy on the skin after application
- Matte finish on me

Pros: price is great, it does cover redness on the skin, and looks pretty good in photographs (not as good in real life)

on 2/15/2018 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for about a month now. Overall I can say I like it, the coverage and the way it sets on my skin is good, it leaves a matte effect that I like but I know that if I was someoke with dry sky I would probably not like it that much. I only use it on work days and it stays on pretty well at least for the first 4 hours, as any other foundation I've used it starts to "melt" on and around my nose, but if I use a powder it stays longer.

It has not broke me out and that is very rare for a foundation, even high end foundations sometimes break me out. Fenty will still remain as my favorite but I call this one the "work foundation" and I'm pretty sure I'll keep repurchasing.

For finding your shade, I recommend that you go on their website and use their compareable tool, they list many other foundations and shades, then when you have 2 possible shades, go to the store and compare them. They have an undertone system too like neutral, cool etc so also be aware of your undertone.

on 1/24/2018 11:58:00 PM

This foundation will oxidize orange. Do not waste your money. I have no idea how popular this foundation has become but stay away. This stuff will make your skill look incredibly caked on with product even if it’s a think layer. Big no.

on 9/15/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

UPDATE 10/: I really really like this. It is similar to UD Naked Skin (but without zany skin care ingredients). If you need something quick from the drugstore, this is a great buy! It's the price of getting a coffee...not much to complain about for that! When I first tried this it didn't impress me, and I suspected it was a shade issue. Sure enough, when I found Bronze Beige it made a complete difference. Unfortunately, on my skin this "oxidizes" the opposite way...it doesn't get darker, it gets lighter (is that oxidation?) By the end of the day I looked ridiculously pale. Part of it was that this seemed to disappear, and all that was left was my paste-like Anthelios SPF 50 primer. (A side note - if you want an SPF that stays put, Anthelios SPF 50 Primer is your dream come true.)

ORIGINAL 8/17: I like it...for a very, VERY, basic foundation. It has good coverage, and a nice finish. It reminds me of the discontinued Estee Lauder Lucidity, only it's more matte. It also reminds me of the discontinued Clinique Stay True, only it's less matte. It's also very similar to a foundation made by Arbonne, and Maybelline Fit Me foundation...and many BB creams. To me it smells like a "vintage" formula...or something like that...because the smell of it transports me somewhere in time. I guess, for me, there are so many foundations these days that have additional advantages, like "blurring", skin care ingredients, pore-minimizing, etc., this doesn't seem outstanding to me, although it sure is cheap. I think it looks like makeup, but I think that's not something anyone cares about anymore. Trying to remember what it is this smells like is going to drive me nuts. It smells SO familiar...it kind of smells like oil paints...If this came a pump it would be much easier to use.

on 8/7/2017 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This has been a surprisingly great foundation. As many have noted before, this sells for about $5.99 everywhere (CVS, Walmart, etc…) It comes in 20 shades. I have never picked up a foundation from WnW and since it was marketed as a foundation for “selfies” I figured it was targeted to younger generation who do not have my mature, dry, sensitive skin with wrinkle issues. So, I passed. Then I saw a Youtuber who reviews products for mature skin, and she really liked it. So, given the low price point, I purchased the foundation. I first purchased one a bit too light. I gave that one to my sister, who is a bit lighter then I am and purchased Dessert Beige which is a perfect match for me (I am an NC 45 for reference.) My regular routine is to apply moisturizing essence, then an oil, eye cream, light moisturizer, Jelly Pack primer, then sun block prior to my foundation. (Yep, I know it’s a lot but I am doing that 10 step K-beauty thing and really like it.) The bottom line is I do a lot of hydrating my skin prior to applying foundation which I mention for the gals with dry skin. This foundation is square and it has this paddle thing attached to the top. I really don’t get that; why not just give us a pump? Anyway, I smear the fluid from the paddle to my fingers, rub my fingers together and then smooth it on to my face. It really disappears into my skin. Up close in my magnifying mirror, I can still see my skin under the foundation with some age spots. But when you step back and look in the mirror my skin looks flawless. My pores are gone and everything looks even but not too “done”. I do use concealer (the UD Naked Skin concealer works really well with this and so does the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, try to stick with a moisturizing concealer as anything to heavy will not work well with this foundation.) I finish with setting powder and it looks amazing. No shiny breakthrough but does not look flat. It lasts all day for me and I have had no issues with skin sensitivity or break-outs. I like this better than the Tart Rainforest one which was my fav until this one came along. The “paint-like” smell is noticeable when you open the bottle and first apply, but does go away quickly. I really like how this product performs on my skin and how easy it is to find it. The bottle name has a description on it (Dessert Beige- Medium Dark Warm), that will help with color selection. I really like this foundation and would recommend it. My sister loves hers as well. I will repurchase this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Cheap foundation isn't my thing. I've always been a true believer in the idea that cheap means bad quality- for certain products. I'm a drug store junkie too, but foundation has always been hard for me to buy at Walgreens or Walmart. This is for a couple reasons: 1) I break out (sometimes even from non-comedogenic products, 2) Olive skin is hard to match in drug store brands (yellow undertones), and 3) I have concerns about the ingredients in cheap products.

Soooo, because I've heard great things about this foundation, I wanted to give it a try. It's supposed to be a dupe for NARS All Day luminous foundation, which is one of my favorites.

Packaging: It's pretty simple, nothing fancy. It comes in a glass bottle with a black cap and has a little spatula applicator. I really don't care for the spatula. I would prefer a pump or a large doe foot applicator brush.

Formula: It seems to be very light and liquidy, definitely not a mouse or a thick creme. It feels a little oily when I applied it to my skin, but seemed to mattify after a couple minutes.

Color: The color was pretty close to what I need as an olive girl. I have light olive skin with yellow undertones and it is SO HARD for me to find a foundation that matches me skin. NARS Punjab has been the only winner up to now.

Coverage; The coverage is light, but buildable. I liked that i could add more if I wanted to and it didn't cake. But, I do have issues in the wear. It doesn't last all day. By the time I got home it was almost all off (8 Hour Day).

Overall, I really like it. The price is great, the look is nice, and it feels light on my skin. I feel like it could definitely be an every day foundation; but, wouldn't be my go to for vacation or special events.