Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.5

on 9/15/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

UPDATE 10/: I really really like this. It is similar to UD Naked Skin (but without zany skin care ingredients). If you need something quick from the drugstore, this is a great buy! It's the price of getting a coffee...not much to complain about for that! When I first tried this it didn't impress me, and I suspected it was a shade issue. Sure enough, when I found Bronze Beige it made a complete difference. Unfortunately, on my skin this "oxidizes" the opposite way...it doesn't get darker, it gets lighter (is that oxidation?) By the end of the day I looked ridiculously pale. Part of it was that this seemed to disappear, and all that was left was my paste-like Anthelios SPF 50 primer. (A side note - if you want an SPF that stays put, Anthelios SPF 50 Primer is your dream come true.)

ORIGINAL 8/17: I like it...for a very, VERY, basic foundation. It has good coverage, and a nice finish. It reminds me of the discontinued Estee Lauder Lucidity, only it's more matte. It also reminds me of the discontinued Clinique Stay True, only it's less matte. It's also very similar to a foundation made by Arbonne, and Maybelline Fit Me foundation...and many BB creams. To me it smells like a "vintage" formula...or something like that...because the smell of it transports me somewhere in time. I guess, for me, there are so many foundations these days that have additional advantages, like "blurring", skin care ingredients, pore-minimizing, etc., this doesn't seem outstanding to me, although it sure is cheap. I think it looks like makeup, but I think that's not something anyone cares about anymore. Trying to remember what it is this smells like is going to drive me nuts. It smells SO familiar...it kind of smells like oil paints...If this came a pump it would be much easier to use.

on 9/1/2017 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin, thus:

Pros:
*medium to medium- high coverage.
*looks like skin (seriously the finish is gorgeous)
*can be layered
*long wearing
*easy to apply with fingers/brush/sponge.
*fragrance free
*nice shade range with natural tones
*affordable and accessible

Cons:
* smells like house paint
*I can feel it on my skin through the the day
*doesn't control oil
* I had more BREAKOUTS/clogged pores when I was using it. (If this was the foundation's fault or caused by the amount of Nyx Matte Loose powder I had to use to keep myself matte and smooth looking throughout the day I'm not sure. That said Im still using that powder and Im breaking out a lot less since I stopped using it. YMMV)

This is a decent foundation, its just not for my skin type in this weather (the hot, humid weather of my city exacerbates the issue). It would be better for people with normal and combination skin not prone to acne.

The deal breaker for me is the fact that I can feel it on my skin. I hate that. Also, I'm worried that it seems to be causing clogged pores and breakouts.

So far my favorite Drugstore foundation is Loreal Pro matte because its weightless (can't feel it), I can layer it to get high coverage and it has a radiant, velvet matte finish that stays that way for most of the day. I prefer it even though the Finish of WNW Photo Focus is so much more skin like and I have to use a brush with Pro Matte or it looks like crap.

I won't repurchase or use ever again, and I took two lippies off because it breaks me out, I can FEEL IT on my skin all day (itchy and annoying), and it smells like house paint.

on 8/7/2017 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This has been a surprisingly great foundation. As many have noted before, this sells for about $5.99 everywhere (CVS, Walmart, etc…) It comes in 20 shades. I have never picked up a foundation from WnW and since it was marketed as a foundation for “selfies” I figured it was targeted to younger generation who do not have my mature, dry, sensitive skin with wrinkle issues. So, I passed. Then I saw a Youtuber who reviews products for mature skin, and she really liked it. So, given the low price point, I purchased the foundation. I first purchased one a bit too light. I gave that one to my sister, who is a bit lighter then I am and purchased Dessert Beige which is a perfect match for me (I am an NC 45 for reference.) My regular routine is to apply moisturizing essence, then an oil, eye cream, light moisturizer, Jelly Pack primer, then sun block prior to my foundation. (Yep, I know it’s a lot but I am doing that 10 step K-beauty thing and really like it.) The bottom line is I do a lot of hydrating my skin prior to applying foundation which I mention for the gals with dry skin. This foundation is square and it has this paddle thing attached to the top. I really don’t get that; why not just give us a pump? Anyway, I smear the fluid from the paddle to my fingers, rub my fingers together and then smooth it on to my face. It really disappears into my skin. Up close in my magnifying mirror, I can still see my skin under the foundation with some age spots. But when you step back and look in the mirror my skin looks flawless. My pores are gone and everything looks even but not too “done”. I do use concealer (the UD Naked Skin concealer works really well with this and so does the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, try to stick with a moisturizing concealer as anything to heavy will not work well with this foundation.) I finish with setting powder and it looks amazing. No shiny breakthrough but does not look flat. It lasts all day for me and I have had no issues with skin sensitivity or break-outs. I like this better than the Tart Rainforest one which was my fav until this one came along. The “paint-like” smell is noticeable when you open the bottle and first apply, but does go away quickly. I really like how this product performs on my skin and how easy it is to find it. The bottle name has a description on it (Dessert Beige- Medium Dark Warm), that will help with color selection. I really like this foundation and would recommend it. My sister loves hers as well. I will repurchase this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Cheap foundation isn't my thing. I've always been a true believer in the idea that cheap means bad quality- for certain products. I'm a drug store junkie too, but foundation has always been hard for me to buy at Walgreens or Walmart. This is for a couple reasons: 1) I break out (sometimes even from non-comedogenic products, 2) Olive skin is hard to match in drug store brands (yellow undertones), and 3) I have concerns about the ingredients in cheap products.

Soooo, because I've heard great things about this foundation, I wanted to give it a try. It's supposed to be a dupe for NARS All Day luminous foundation, which is one of my favorites.

Packaging: It's pretty simple, nothing fancy. It comes in a glass bottle with a black cap and has a little spatula applicator. I really don't care for the spatula. I would prefer a pump or a large doe foot applicator brush.

Formula: It seems to be very light and liquidy, definitely not a mouse or a thick creme. It feels a little oily when I applied it to my skin, but seemed to mattify after a couple minutes.

Color: The color was pretty close to what I need as an olive girl. I have light olive skin with yellow undertones and it is SO HARD for me to find a foundation that matches me skin. NARS Punjab has been the only winner up to now.

Coverage; The coverage is light, but buildable. I liked that i could add more if I wanted to and it didn't cake. But, I do have issues in the wear. It doesn't last all day. By the time I got home it was almost all off (8 Hour Day).

Overall, I really like it. The price is great, the look is nice, and it feels light on my skin. I feel like it could definitely be an every day foundation; but, wouldn't be my go to for vacation or special events.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

They must have paid the youtube "gurus" a LOT of money to highly review this product. Barely covers redness and feels ultra heavy even though it is a watery product. It is sticky no matter how much I powder it and it breaks up in a matter of an hour or two on my cheeks even being set. I don't even have oily skin, but this product surely does replicate it. Oh, and it smells like house paint.

I will say, though, that my skin feels amazingly moisturized and smooth after I get frustrated and take it off half way through work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After seeing the YouTube hype on this product was pumped to try it. Wet n' wild has been coming out with some awesome products I love! However, after trying this foundation a good 10 times now in all kinds of ways to try and make it work (with all kinds of primers, applications and setting powders - even their photofocus powder), I've gotta say I don't plan to repurchase. I have super oily skin around my t-zone, acne-prone, but dry skin around my mouth and cheeks, so I get the best of both worlds haha. I got the shade golden beige and loved the great yellow undertone for my olive skin, and applying the foundation was easy. At first the application looks great, not matte or dewy, sort in-between, but it doesn't fully dry down, leaves a kind of tacky feeling on your face and you can't apply too much powder unless you wanna look cakey. In addition, it transfers LIKE CRAZY. If I even slightly touch my face I leave foundation fingerprints all over my papers in class, and I wouldn't dare hug someone or lay down on a pillow with this on. And finally, within an hour I am an oil slick. My face looks insanely greasy, the foundation separates, oxidizes, and worst of all it clings on like crazy to the small amount of dry patches on my face. The other day my roommate unknowingly thought I rubbed something on my face and told me to lick my finger and rub it off, and when I went to go look in the mirror I realized my skin texture looked awful, like I had a ton of orange dry patches the foundation was clinging on. It just doesn't look good after initial application and has also begun breaking me out :( I tried so hard to like it and I do love the price and packaging, but it has too many cons to continue using. I'm gonna stick to my L'Oreal Infallible pro-matte for sure.

on 4/11/2017 12:07:00 AM

I walked into CVS, browsing and came upon wnw new foundation. I quickly looked for my shade, I'm a golden beige. I didn't look up for review as I knew it only cost less than $6 so it wouldn't really matter if I did like it or not. Love the packaging and the spatula. But I do noted a scent but it quickly disappears after applying. I applied it with my beauty blender and I loved the flawless, natural finish look. I definitely would recommend this!

on 4/7/2017 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I never saw this one coming, but…despite the breakouts, I actually like this.

Desert Beige is the perfect match for my NC40-42 skin, whereas other foundations were too yellow/orange or gave me a grayish cast. This formula doesn't oxidize on me--it stays true to tone, in both natural and indoor lighting. Lightweight on my skin, yet full-coverage, I don't even realize my skin is suffocating; one week in, my cheeks were covered in 1mm fleshtone bumps. I apply with a beautyblender and haven't needed to set with powder.

I haven't been able to find a replacement for my HG Skin79 Bronze BB (my perfect skin match), so despite the breakouts, and at an easy price, this does the job for now.

on 2/14/2017 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think I've finally my holy grail foundation. My skin is normal/combo mostly, prone to dry areas on the cheeks and oilier around the sides of the nose and t zone. I have big pores and dark spots/scarring in spots. Nothing severe.
The color match is good, the coverage is good, I've applied with both damp sponge & brush and coverage is good both ways. Its not streaky, cake like and looks surprisingly natural. It doesn't settle into my pores or emphasize them. It doesn't settle into my fine lines either.
It does smell like paint tho. And its very liquidy. I actually like the spatula that comes with it. The finish is matte so if you're dry skinned this might not be for you.

UPDATE 4/17/17
I have to lower my review, unfortunately. It's now starting to look very textured and drying on my face. And i really did want to love this but its not working well for me anymore... So I shall continue my foundation hunt.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- long wearing
- matte
- affordable
- blurs out pores

CONS

- cannot find my shade
- settles into fine lines
- can look a bit aging
- looks heavy

COMMENTS: This is a matte, full coverage foundation. It wears well, but it doesn't control my oil any better than my other foundations. It does set a little quickly, but nothing I can't work with. Pores disappeared and it didn't emphasize any dryness. It did however, settle into fine lines and aged me a bit. It doesn't look as natural as claimed at all. It definitely looks like makeup. I never got around to using my finishing spray to help with these issues, though due to the shade choices. Desert Beige was too dark and Bronze Beige was too light. Anything in between had the wrong undertone.

Will not repurchase.