wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.3

on 3/23/2018 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I prefer a natural finish but bought this for days I need higher coverage. I dislike this foundation and here is why:
-Horrible smell that is difficult to ignore
- Very drying and can look cakey on the face, do not recommend this for people with dry skin
- Feels heavy on the skin after application
- Matte finish on me

Pros: price is great, it does cover redness on the skin, and looks pretty good in photographs (not as good in real life)

on 2/15/2018 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for about a month now. Overall I can say I like it, the coverage and the way it sets on my skin is good, it leaves a matte effect that I like but I know that if I was someoke with dry sky I would probably not like it that much. I only use it on work days and it stays on pretty well at least for the first 4 hours, as any other foundation I've used it starts to "melt" on and around my nose, but if I use a powder it stays longer.

It has not broke me out and that is very rare for a foundation, even high end foundations sometimes break me out. Fenty will still remain as my favorite but I call this one the "work foundation" and I'm pretty sure I'll keep repurchasing.

For finding your shade, I recommend that you go on their website and use their compareable tool, they list many other foundations and shades, then when you have 2 possible shades, go to the store and compare them. They have an undertone system too like neutral, cool etc so also be aware of your undertone.

on 1/24/2018 11:58:00 PM

This foundation will oxidize orange. Do not waste your money. I have no idea how popular this foundation has become but stay away. This stuff will make your skill look incredibly caked on with product even if it’s a think layer. Big no.

on 9/15/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

UPDATE 10/: I really really like this. It is similar to UD Naked Skin (but without zany skin care ingredients). If you need something quick from the drugstore, this is a great buy! It's the price of getting a coffee...not much to complain about for that! When I first tried this it didn't impress me, and I suspected it was a shade issue. Sure enough, when I found Bronze Beige it made a complete difference. Unfortunately, on my skin this "oxidizes" the opposite way...it doesn't get darker, it gets lighter (is that oxidation?) By the end of the day I looked ridiculously pale. Part of it was that this seemed to disappear, and all that was left was my paste-like Anthelios SPF 50 primer. (A side note - if you want an SPF that stays put, Anthelios SPF 50 Primer is your dream come true.)

ORIGINAL 8/17: I like it...for a very, VERY, basic foundation. It has good coverage, and a nice finish. It reminds me of the discontinued Estee Lauder Lucidity, only it's more matte. It also reminds me of the discontinued Clinique Stay True, only it's less matte. It's also very similar to a foundation made by Arbonne, and Maybelline Fit Me foundation...and many BB creams. To me it smells like a "vintage" formula...or something like that...because the smell of it transports me somewhere in time. I guess, for me, there are so many foundations these days that have additional advantages, like "blurring", skin care ingredients, pore-minimizing, etc., this doesn't seem outstanding to me, although it sure is cheap. I think it looks like makeup, but I think that's not something anyone cares about anymore. Trying to remember what it is this smells like is going to drive me nuts. It smells SO familiar...it kind of smells like oil paints...If this came a pump it would be much easier to use.

on 8/7/2017 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This has been a surprisingly great foundation. As many have noted before, this sells for about $5.99 everywhere (CVS, Walmart, etc…) It comes in 20 shades. I have never picked up a foundation from WnW and since it was marketed as a foundation for “selfies” I figured it was targeted to younger generation who do not have my mature, dry, sensitive skin with wrinkle issues. So, I passed. Then I saw a Youtuber who reviews products for mature skin, and she really liked it. So, given the low price point, I purchased the foundation. I first purchased one a bit too light. I gave that one to my sister, who is a bit lighter then I am and purchased Dessert Beige which is a perfect match for me (I am an NC 45 for reference.) My regular routine is to apply moisturizing essence, then an oil, eye cream, light moisturizer, Jelly Pack primer, then sun block prior to my foundation. (Yep, I know it’s a lot but I am doing that 10 step K-beauty thing and really like it.) The bottom line is I do a lot of hydrating my skin prior to applying foundation which I mention for the gals with dry skin. This foundation is square and it has this paddle thing attached to the top. I really don’t get that; why not just give us a pump? Anyway, I smear the fluid from the paddle to my fingers, rub my fingers together and then smooth it on to my face. It really disappears into my skin. Up close in my magnifying mirror, I can still see my skin under the foundation with some age spots. But when you step back and look in the mirror my skin looks flawless. My pores are gone and everything looks even but not too “done”. I do use concealer (the UD Naked Skin concealer works really well with this and so does the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, try to stick with a moisturizing concealer as anything to heavy will not work well with this foundation.) I finish with setting powder and it looks amazing. No shiny breakthrough but does not look flat. It lasts all day for me and I have had no issues with skin sensitivity or break-outs. I like this better than the Tart Rainforest one which was my fav until this one came along. The “paint-like” smell is noticeable when you open the bottle and first apply, but does go away quickly. I really like how this product performs on my skin and how easy it is to find it. The bottle name has a description on it (Dessert Beige- Medium Dark Warm), that will help with color selection. I really like this foundation and would recommend it. My sister loves hers as well. I will repurchase this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Cheap foundation isn't my thing. I've always been a true believer in the idea that cheap means bad quality- for certain products. I'm a drug store junkie too, but foundation has always been hard for me to buy at Walgreens or Walmart. This is for a couple reasons: 1) I break out (sometimes even from non-comedogenic products, 2) Olive skin is hard to match in drug store brands (yellow undertones), and 3) I have concerns about the ingredients in cheap products.

Soooo, because I've heard great things about this foundation, I wanted to give it a try. It's supposed to be a dupe for NARS All Day luminous foundation, which is one of my favorites.

Packaging: It's pretty simple, nothing fancy. It comes in a glass bottle with a black cap and has a little spatula applicator. I really don't care for the spatula. I would prefer a pump or a large doe foot applicator brush.

Formula: It seems to be very light and liquidy, definitely not a mouse or a thick creme. It feels a little oily when I applied it to my skin, but seemed to mattify after a couple minutes.

Color: The color was pretty close to what I need as an olive girl. I have light olive skin with yellow undertones and it is SO HARD for me to find a foundation that matches me skin. NARS Punjab has been the only winner up to now.

Coverage; The coverage is light, but buildable. I liked that i could add more if I wanted to and it didn't cake. But, I do have issues in the wear. It doesn't last all day. By the time I got home it was almost all off (8 Hour Day).

Overall, I really like it. The price is great, the look is nice, and it feels light on my skin. I feel like it could definitely be an every day foundation; but, wouldn't be my go to for vacation or special events.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

They must have paid the youtube "gurus" a LOT of money to highly review this product. Barely covers redness and feels ultra heavy even though it is a watery product. It is sticky no matter how much I powder it and it breaks up in a matter of an hour or two on my cheeks even being set. I don't even have oily skin, but this product surely does replicate it. Oh, and it smells like house paint.

I will say, though, that my skin feels amazingly moisturized and smooth after I get frustrated and take it off half way through work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After seeing the YouTube hype on this product was pumped to try it. Wet n' wild has been coming out with some awesome products I love! However, after trying this foundation a good 10 times now in all kinds of ways to try and make it work (with all kinds of primers, applications and setting powders - even their photofocus powder), I've gotta say I don't plan to repurchase. I have super oily skin around my t-zone, acne-prone, but dry skin around my mouth and cheeks, so I get the best of both worlds haha. I got the shade golden beige and loved the great yellow undertone for my olive skin, and applying the foundation was easy. At first the application looks great, not matte or dewy, sort in-between, but it doesn't fully dry down, leaves a kind of tacky feeling on your face and you can't apply too much powder unless you wanna look cakey. In addition, it transfers LIKE CRAZY. If I even slightly touch my face I leave foundation fingerprints all over my papers in class, and I wouldn't dare hug someone or lay down on a pillow with this on. And finally, within an hour I am an oil slick. My face looks insanely greasy, the foundation separates, oxidizes, and worst of all it clings on like crazy to the small amount of dry patches on my face. The other day my roommate unknowingly thought I rubbed something on my face and told me to lick my finger and rub it off, and when I went to go look in the mirror I realized my skin texture looked awful, like I had a ton of orange dry patches the foundation was clinging on. It just doesn't look good after initial application and has also begun breaking me out :( I tried so hard to like it and I do love the price and packaging, but it has too many cons to continue using. I'm gonna stick to my L'Oreal Infallible pro-matte for sure.

on 4/11/2017 12:07:00 AM

I walked into CVS, browsing and came upon wnw new foundation. I quickly looked for my shade, I'm a golden beige. I didn't look up for review as I knew it only cost less than $6 so it wouldn't really matter if I did like it or not. Love the packaging and the spatula. But I do noted a scent but it quickly disappears after applying. I applied it with my beauty blender and I loved the flawless, natural finish look. I definitely would recommend this!

on 4/7/2017 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I never saw this one coming, but…despite the breakouts, I actually like this.

Desert Beige is the perfect match for my NC40-42 skin, whereas other foundations were too yellow/orange or gave me a grayish cast. This formula doesn't oxidize on me--it stays true to tone, in both natural and indoor lighting. Lightweight on my skin, yet full-coverage, I don't even realize my skin is suffocating; one week in, my cheeks were covered in 1mm fleshtone bumps. I apply with a beautyblender and haven't needed to set with powder.

I haven't been able to find a replacement for my HG Skin79 Bronze BB (my perfect skin match), so despite the breakouts, and at an easy price, this does the job for now.