wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Honestly such a great budget foundation. very comparable to my double wear (which I loooove) and at a fraction of the price. Medium to almost full coverage, smoothing and does not emphasise texture. Its a tad bit dry on normal skin (oily babes will love it) but moisturising before helps a lot. The smell is a normal foundation-y smell to me, and I dont mind it, in fact I kinda like it. I prefer no fragrance on my foundation and would rather it smelled like this foundation rather than perfumed like a lot of Chanel/Bourjois foundation is.

Is also very long-wearing and does not flake on me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

After hearing so many positive reviews, I decided to give it a try this morning. I am a 220 in Maybelline Fit Me Matte. W&W said that my color match would be Buff Bisque, however this was too light. I went with Golden Beige.The coverage was a solid medium to full. . The problem was that the foundation never "set". It still felt tacky an hour later, which is all i could stand having it on my face. Fit Me Matte is much more comfortable to wear and dries to a soft matte finish.

on 3/30/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite drugstore foundation (I also love the Milani Conceal & Perfect 2-1; Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous; l’Oréal Infaillible Pro-Matte; L’Oréal Infaillible Pro-Glow) and in my experience with the foundation, the pros outweigh the cons.

For reference: I’m a NC 42 (MAC), I have combo-oily skin with medium size pores and redness accross my cheeks and nose. I used the color Desert Beige in the Photo Focus Foundation but it’s a tad too dark during winter time so I have to mix in the color Classic Beige.

Pros: medium buildable to full coverage, matte but not flat finish, lasts all day long, doesn’t break up during the day, a little goes a long way, oil-controling very cheap price point (7$cad/5$usd)

Cons: doesn’t have a pump, packaging with a spatula which I find very messy, may not be suitable for dry skin as it was mattifying on my combo-oily skin and controlled my oil throughout the day, can look heavy if applied too much, nasty plastic-y smell

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Alright so I'm a teen who wears makeup everyday to go to school and this what I can say so far about this foundation. A little goes a long way. And it has super good coverage, covers all my acne scars and it stays on all day. Also a really good colour match for my brown complexion. I really liked the spatula thing too, it was cool and I'm starting to think I like it better than the pump. Anyways, the downside? This foundation is so mattifying, your skin looks dry so make sure to moisturize a lot. And why doesn't it come out of my foundation brush? I thought there was something wrong with it so I tossed it and bought a new one but it was still stained from this foundation????????? Idk but for the price and quantity I would buy again

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product smells weird and broke me up badly. I have sensitive, combination skin that is very acne-prone. I bought it as I heard many good things from influencers on YouTube, try it at your own risk!

on 12/7/2017 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

It’s excellent for the price. Not too matte, not too dewy, and wears decently. Doesn’t feel thick or cakey on the skin, and coverage can be built up easily. The color selection is also good. I’ve been reaching for it a lot over my TF Born This Way.

My only complaint, and why I won’t give it 5 stars, is that it emphasizes skin texture like crazy. It doesn’t sink into pores but it does nothing to smooth them.

on 11/22/2017 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like this foundation (bronze beige is my shade) and prefer to apply with a sponge although a brush works okay too. I like to use a light layer of it because it can settle into my laugh lines easily. It lasts long, covers well, and I think does what it says it'll do. I don't put the applicator directly on my face (idk if that's what it's for or not) but I also don't do that with any other foundations. I think it performs well for the price point. I think the foundation range REALLY SUCKS and I took points off for that (so I guess there's 20 shades available but they only had 6 of the lightest shades on display at the CVS I went to. In fact, mine was the third darkest). It matches me well, but it's really limited for others so minus points. I'd definitely repurchase though. Another thing, it has a strong chemical scent which can be annoying but it does go away.
UPDATE- I'm actually looking for other foundations because I really hate the smell. I think on a budget, this is really good. If I really didn't want to spend much on foundation, I would go back to this.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The orice point is great. However,its only medium coverage if you build it up. Too much and it will get cakey. I was extremely shiny in 2 hours, started to wear off around my nose and temples around the 3 hour mark. Oxidized around 45 minutes. Also I cannot stand the smell. It smells like paint thinner.

on 6/26/2017 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This foundation is NOT for textured skin, if you have flaws, acne scars, discoloration, dry patches. Just skip this one. Granted, this foundations DOES look amazing in photos, it looks cakey in real life. The formula is sheer and can be built to medium coverage with lots of coats and it dries down with a heavy feel to it. *Scent!! It literally smells like a bucket of Sherwin Williams house paint! Not kidding. I applied 3 coats on my cheeks since I have acne scars on that area and when I was in the sunlight I realized this foundation enhanced every one of my pores and made my skin look "rough" like when you haven't exfoliated for a while. And the pores on my nose where gigantic craters, not cute!

I would recommend as an alternative for photography makeup but in real life this foundation does not provide much coverage and ends up feeling and looking cakey. Hard pass for me and my acne scars.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation. After the popularity surrounding this foundation, I had to try it. I have dry skin, with some acne scarring. The packaging is quite nice, with a glass bottle and spatula applicator. The spatula makes it easy to apply the proper amount. The foundation itself is quite liquid, yet sets quickly. It is easy to blend, and lasts a long time. This foundation acts like a more expensive foundation, yet costs less than $5.00. I recommend this foundation to anyone with dry skin, in need of coverage.