wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.1

When I had this product I thought I was going to have that look I've been looking for. But it was always so streaky and never set properly and very oily.. To be honest I also found it smelled like paint? I'm not sure if anyone else finds that, but it really smelled like paint to me.

on 10/21/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am writing this review as I just finished the last drop of my Photo Focus foundation this morning and suddenly realized I cannot not have it! I very rarely ever finish an entire bottle of a liquid foundation, most of them expire and, sadly, have to go... This one was an exception. Definitely repurchasing it tomorrow.

It is a medium coverage foundation, buildable to full, in my opinion. Blends very easily with both a brush and a sponge. It gives me the nicest blurring effect, the skin looks nearly airbrushed after I finish my makeup. It is not dewy, nor very matt, something in the middle, just like I prefer (I have combination skin, normal on good days). Its long lasting power is another huge plus.

It's a really beautiful foundation and I could see it working on different skin types and for people with different makeup preferences. It's definitely worth trying for the price.

Hello MUA,
I'm impressed with this foundation. Being a Cosmetologist and a Nurse, among the many other roles us as women juggle in our everyday lives..this liquid foundation is not only affordable, but does the job as say Double Wear. You can build up the coverage or down. Use a lightly moist makeup blender, to make it a lighter coverage, want even more of a BB or CC feel to it, mix it with your moisturizer on the back of your clean hand.. even though it is a medium coverage foundation, their are many things you can do with this foundation to fit your needs and still love this great product! This foundation has no weird smell, goes on well and stays put without a powder. Powder, save until you actually need it to reduce shine or need a touch up! Set it with a setting spray instead. The results are amazing! Being 47 years old now, soon 48 in September..Yes, I recommend this for people of any age. I truly believe that you should always have 2 bottles of whatever foundation you are using, many makeup artists to the Stars believe that too! One that matches your skin tone and the other, a shade a little darker for Summer. Mixology 101, very simple. Also, if warm or cool tones are keeping you guessing, or are a little too much in the any product... you can't go wrong with just a Neutral tone! By the time you contour, use a highlighter or bronzer, no one will know and it's better to control how much pink or yellow tone's yourself, than say use overkill that's in the actual bottle! I've read the reviews, most of them. So, please let me address some of the problems some of you are having. I'm here to help, not to judge. If you feel like the foundation is, "sliding off your face".. it's what you might be doing before you put the foundation on that's the problem. Too much primer, moisturizer with spf, or just overload with sunscreen. ALL of these things are important, obviously. However, when you have a stay put foundation and your putting on a primer, I feel it's doing the opposite. Don't use the primer. Primer is over rated. Especially in the hot months, where you sweat and melt every which way and the humidity and dewpoint, ugh. Hot melting mess of drip and slide or slip and slide. It's ok on skipping a few preps here b4 foundation time! Honestly, skip the morning moisturizer. Yup! Your skin has enough oils going on in the Summer! Just use sunscreen! Please use sunscreen, even if a product says it has it in there. Let it absorb into the skin b4 you apply foundation. That should solve the problem!
Back to the review. It feels lightweight on your face, it doesn't cake, crep into fine lines or wrinkles. It blurs them well. We all know the claims for selling makeup, some are far fetched and to me and seems almost a scam and fraud!
Not this foundation! True to what it claims! Surprise! L. The bottle, it's cute with the "magic wand" as I call it. However, I tend to warm up the foundation on the back of my clean hand, then apply. Drugstore foundations have improved SO much over the years! MANY are BETTER than the "High End", in so many ways! Trying is believing!
I have combo skin, and the proper skincare, aides in the way your makeup results look. If you have acne prone skin, address the problem before you put anything on your skin. Switching constantly to different skincare or foundation for example, can cause havic on acne prone skin. Oil base foundations, harshly cleansing your skin, ect can be the agravater here. Speak to a good dermatologist and get different opinions on what's causing your breakouts. It might not be the foundation that is making you break out. I've been there, when I was younger. I am speaking from a place of empathy and compassion, & truth. Skincare, doesn't have to cost you a fortune either! KNOW your skin, know what your putting on your face, ingredient wise. Foundations, all basically have a few of the same ingredients! Any questions or concerns, you can contact me and I'll be more than happy to help you!
We want to be frugal and yet have the best! Nothing wrong with that! I might not have gotten into the science of this product, but other reviewers have. Please, check out those reviews as well!
I give my opinion, I try to help other reviewers without judgement and do my best to empower you & others! We're all human beings and and we are all in this "Beauty Brigade" together. Who doesn't want to look and feel beautiful, at any age?! Hope this helps! Xo 😇 ❤️😁

on 5/23/2018 7:57:00 PM

Maybe I don't take enough selfies, but this just isn't all that great I'm finding. Very thick and 'makeup' like. A little does go a long way and the shade match (neutral beige) if fine, but I find it looks a bit cakey by mid afternoon. That smell is another thing-- fresh off the hardware shelf! It does dissipate however. Just looked at my face at 4:45pm, yep, cakey and my nose pores look obvious. Partially this could be my fault, I tried Mally's Pore Perfection on top earlier (just dabbed it on to minimize shine, etc.). Note to file, these two products do not play well together. So here's my take, I would use this for a night out where I knew there would be pictures, low lights and only a few hours of wear. It's not going to be my day to day foundation.

EDIT: I'm liking this more and more....! Have been using a BB cream with SPF first (Hydroxatone from Costco) then dabbing this around my nose, under my eyes, etc. It looks airbrushed with a little buffing and lasts all day with very minimal shine. The finish is a really nice blend of dewey/matte which works for my mature skin-it's glowy. Agree with another reviewer that this does work well with the Malle PP on top. Bought another one to keep at work for after gym touch-ups. I'm giving this a higher rating now.

I know this is popular with a lot of people, but it doesn't work with my skin. It doesn't apply evenly with hands, BB, or brush. I've never had this problem with any foundation and have used many d/s brands successfully. In winter, the dry patches on my face look horrid with this. In warmer weather, it just doesn't look natural--a little cakey even with one thin application. The paddle applicator isn't user-friendly. This may be the only foundation that I won't ever use up. I may just pitch it.

on 5/4/2018 1:00:00 AM

This is a surprisingly good foundation for the price. Nice shades for light skin, blends well with buildable coverage. The applicator and cap are a little odd, but overall I don't regret purchasing.

on 4/12/2018 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily skin and large pores. I had hoped this foundation would be as great as everyone on youtube says it was, but it did not work for me AT ALL. The color turns orange after an hour and looks ridiculous, my pores looked HUGE even when using a primer, and it looked so uneven and muddy. I am shocked this worked out for people! On top of all of it, it caused me to breakout in a painfully large cyst on my chin! I guess I should expect something that smells like paint to clog the pores. I'm 30 and get minimal breakouts and this is the only culprit I have changed in my skin/makeup routine. I'll stick with my Estée Lauder. Going in the trash where it belongs.

on 3/27/2018 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Surprised at the terrible reviews here. I'm a 50 year old lady with super sensitive skin, mild rosacea, huge pores on my nose, pale olive w/yellow undertone. Got this as store was out of the e.l.f. beautifully bare foundation serum that I usually use. It smells exactly like the old school revlon colorstay (like latex paint lol) but the smell dissipates quickly. And it is nowhere near as drying as the colorstay that emphasizes every tiny wrinkle - ugh! I apply extra moisturizer first, followed by primer. I apply a TINY amount with a stippling brush in small sections and use a beauty blender on each section IMMEDIATELY as it dries instantly. It lasts all day at work and the nose area needs touched up only if I keep it on for the evening until bedtime. Great color match for me (neutral buff bisque) which I'm especially happy about because I have enormous difficulty finding foundations for my skin tone.
EDIT - after using this regularly for 3 or 4 weeks I developed a lovely combination of dry flaky skin AND painful cystic acne. This product will never go anywhere near my face again

I have dry skin and prefer light dewy foundations, but occasionally if I travel or my skin looks jank, I want a heavier foundation. This is pretty good. The color matched perfectly and shape tape goes on smoothly over it. Don't try more than one layer cuz it looks heavy cakey and hard to blend. It sets nicely without powder but I like the matching powder just cuz why not. Overall my skin looks about the same if I use all Tarte prods plus this is hugely cheaper. Like all heavy foundations, this causes a lot of tiny millia acne. I would use it for one-time kinda things like a weekend away or something...as a daily foundation it would b havoc on ur skin. Overall it's really nice and a better value than say Tarte, but I really dislike photo-perfect foundations bc they're too heavy and drying and really are best just on picture days. The spatula btw is just dumb. No pump? But being hella cheaper than Tarte, this is a good cheap dupe, just don't make it ur everyday makeup or ur skin will be a wreck.

on 1/12/2018 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great product it makes my skin look good though there are parts of my face where it leaves specks of foundation on my skin but I think its because its winter and my skin is dry. Other then that its a good product!