Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

2.8

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The Wet n Wild Photofocus foundation is a very basic foundation. I heard so much hype about this product that I had to try it out for myself and was pretty underwhelmed with my own personal results. For background info, I have oily, acne-prone skin with slight acne scarring. I'm light/medium with very warm undertones. I think this foundation is okay. It's not the best foundation I've tried, but I've also used far worse foundation. The color selection seems a bit off to me. The Soft Beige is just a touch too dark, but I can work with it. A shade lighter would have been too light. This foundation is definitely a medium coverage, but is buildable without looking cakey. Even so, I feel like on days where my skin isn't looking so great, I wouldn't wear this foundation without also using concealer. I feel like the finish is more satin than matte and found that my T-Zone ended up being extra oily by the end of the day. There's also no photo flashback, which is super nice. I'd prefer a pump over the spatula, but it's not super inconvenient. I personally wouldn't repurchase this, but it's not a bad foundation! I imagine this would look better on someone with a more even complexion and skin that's more on the dry side.

on 9/19/2017 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My friends ranted and raved about how great this foundation was for the price. You tubers loved it. It's cheap enough that I bought some to try, and I'll never get it again. It smells like house paint, oxidizes like CRAZY, makes my usually dry skin super oily yet somehow clings to dry patches, comes off onto all of my clothing, and doesn't set with spray or powder. I'm unfortunately stuck using this until my fenty foundation arrives in the mail. I have over half a bottle of this in the trash and I can't wait to throw it away. Oh yeah, the shade range is also garbage and the packaging has this weird/useless paddle on the cap that makes it really easy to spill and fling foundation everywhere when you open it. Don't waste your time or money on this!

on 9/15/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

UPDATE 10/: I really really like this. It is similar to UD Naked Skin (but without zany skin care ingredients). If you need something quick from the drugstore, this is a great buy! It's the price of getting a coffee...not much to complain about for that! When I first tried this it didn't impress me, and I suspected it was a shade issue. Sure enough, when I found Bronze Beige it made a complete difference. Unfortunately, on my skin this "oxidizes" the opposite way...it doesn't get darker, it gets lighter (is that oxidation?) By the end of the day I looked ridiculously pale. Part of it was that this seemed to disappear, and all that was left was my paste-like Anthelios SPF 50 primer. (A side note - if you want an SPF that stays put, Anthelios SPF 50 Primer is your dream come true.)

ORIGINAL 8/17: I like it...for a very, VERY, basic foundation. It has good coverage, and a nice finish. It reminds me of the discontinued Estee Lauder Lucidity, only it's more matte. It also reminds me of the discontinued Clinique Stay True, only it's less matte. It's also very similar to a foundation made by Arbonne, and Maybelline Fit Me foundation...and many BB creams. To me it smells like a "vintage" formula...or something like that...because the smell of it transports me somewhere in time. I guess, for me, there are so many foundations these days that have additional advantages, like "blurring", skin care ingredients, pore-minimizing, etc., this doesn't seem outstanding to me, although it sure is cheap. I think it looks like makeup, but I think that's not something anyone cares about anymore. Trying to remember what it is this smells like is going to drive me nuts. It smells SO familiar...it kind of smells like oil paints...If this came a pump it would be much easier to use.

on 9/14/2017 4:34:00 AM

At first I wasn't to blown away by this foundation, but when I started really using it I started loving it. It's lightweight and looks natural on the skin. The coverage is light to medium and it has like a semi matte finish. It's great if you like a simple and natural looking foundation.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I honestly can't remember the last time I tried a Wet N Wild foundation. It must have been the Cover All that came out a few years ago which is now discontinued I believe. Anyway, I heard so many good things about this foundation and because of its price point I decided it couldn't hurt to test it out and see what the hype was all about.
First off, the shade selection is quite extensive although confusing. Shades labeled warm looked cooler and shades labeled neutral looked warmer. I tend to lean toward neutral or cool undertones because warm (i.e. Pink) just typically makes me look orange. So, I did the best I could and chose Soft Ivory even though it's categorized as warm because the shade up looked a touch too pink even though it was supposed to be neutral. Okay Wet n Wild, whatever you say.
Unlike some I like the spatula situation, granted it's not a pump so it's not perfect but spatulas are not something you see in drugstore makeup regularly. I find it a bit easier to get product with a spatula and obviously it's a personal preference so if the spatula is not your thing, it's totally fine. Just be aware that this is what Wet N Wild has given us with this foundation.
The smell does have quite a strong paint like aroma, however it's not nearly as bad imo as say the Maybelline Matte and Poreless (which I detest btw).
This foundation is rather thin and has almost an oily viscosity. Swatched on my hand it looked and felt gorgeous but my face was another story altogether.
This foundation felt difficult to blend out because it dries so quickly and the coverage is minimal whether using a beauty blender or a brush. It didn't cover any of the redness around my nostrils and it didn't do a thing for my under eye situation which is not heavily discolored mind you. I found myself having to use more concealer than I typically do.
The finish looked powdery and I spent what seemed like an eternity continuously trying to buff it into my skin to minimize this.
I did the best I could but I finally decided it wasn't going to get much better and surrendered. I set my undereyes and T Zone with setting powder, baked it for a few minutes and carried on.
About 30 mins after my entire makeup application I went outside to take a look. It was not good, not by a long shot.
This foundation accentuates and clings to eveeeeeerything. I'm a masking fiend and I use a sheet mask every night, so, my skin is hydrated and exfoliated to the max. Let me tell you, this foundation made my skin look like I've never used an exfoliator or a moisturizer in my life.
I will say that 7 hours into wearing I'm not oily and there's no pooling into my pores, but I also use the YSL blur primer (the one with the gold sparkles) and set it with Laura Mercier translucent setting powder so I don't know how much can be attributed to these products and how much is the foundation.
All in all, this may be decent for evening out skin tone for those with already great skin with no redness or discoloration, but it's definitely not as fantastic as the hype suggests. It's does look great in selfies, but irl not so much.
For its price point it's okay, I will say that. It's just not a foundation I'll likely use on any kind of consistent basis and zip definitely will not repurchase.

on 6/25/2017 7:58:00 PM

Ive got 3 back-ups of this guy on my shelf, I love the medium coverage I get with this foundation, it does not cake or settle, seems to be transfer proof, and has a decent wear-time. I extend its natural wear time by using powders and setting sprays with it. I also appreciate the color and tone selection. I only wish it wasnt necessarily a foundation specifically for looking good on camera as I do like a good SPF in my foundation, but i settle for wearing SPF in a moisturizer underneath.
Just be aware that there is a potent smell of house paint to this foundation, I personally dont mind it since it dissapates once its applied to the skin, and it doesnt seem to bother my sensitive skin either.

on 6/16/2017 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was hopeful this product would work for me -- but it didn't. Upon opening the bottle for application, I immediately recognized a "paint-like" smell. Foundation provided medium coverage and stayed put for about 8 hours before breaking down.
The big reason I only rated this product 1 out of five -- my face had red patches when I removed my makeup. I wore this foundation several times and the results were the same. My skin does not like this foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Cheap foundation isn't my thing. I've always been a true believer in the idea that cheap means bad quality- for certain products. I'm a drug store junkie too, but foundation has always been hard for me to buy at Walgreens or Walmart. This is for a couple reasons: 1) I break out (sometimes even from non-comedogenic products, 2) Olive skin is hard to match in drug store brands (yellow undertones), and 3) I have concerns about the ingredients in cheap products.

Soooo, because I've heard great things about this foundation, I wanted to give it a try. It's supposed to be a dupe for NARS All Day luminous foundation, which is one of my favorites.

Packaging: It's pretty simple, nothing fancy. It comes in a glass bottle with a black cap and has a little spatula applicator. I really don't care for the spatula. I would prefer a pump or a large doe foot applicator brush.

Formula: It seems to be very light and liquidy, definitely not a mouse or a thick creme. It feels a little oily when I applied it to my skin, but seemed to mattify after a couple minutes.

Color: The color was pretty close to what I need as an olive girl. I have light olive skin with yellow undertones and it is SO HARD for me to find a foundation that matches me skin. NARS Punjab has been the only winner up to now.

Coverage; The coverage is light, but buildable. I liked that i could add more if I wanted to and it didn't cake. But, I do have issues in the wear. It doesn't last all day. By the time I got home it was almost all off (8 Hour Day).

Overall, I really like it. The price is great, the look is nice, and it feels light on my skin. I feel like it could definitely be an every day foundation; but, wouldn't be my go to for vacation or special events.

on 4/28/2017 10:13:00 AM

This foundation looks fine at first but at like 3 hours into the day my face looks crepey and oily. Will not be using this again.

on 4/27/2017 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great foundation - made my sensitive skin freak out!

This foundation has a fabulous price point and blends beautifully on the skin. With a setting powder, it stays fresh-looking for the majority of the day. Unfortunately for me and my very sensitive, allergy-prone skin, it was just too harsh. It definitely smells a little chemically, and my cheeks (which have a little eczema) flared up immediately and felt rough in texture after wearing this 1x. I also noticed that I would experience a lot more breakouts and irritation on my skin after wearing.

Overall:
PROS
-blends well on skin
-stays in place, lasts a long time
-amazing price point
-cruelty-free

CONS
-smell
-too harsh for sensitive skin
-broke me out