wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.1

on 1/23/2019 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

First of all when they discontinued my Coverall Foundation I thought my world was coming to an end. I Decided to try something new and stick with the brand that I love WET N WILD in Photofocus Foundation. The do have a wide variety of shades so you shouldn't have a problem finding your color. Something I have never seen before is the applicator wand. It is simply just a plastic stick when I am used to tubes and pumps. hmf… I decided to dab tiny dots all over my face and blend in with my beauty blender and I got a full coverage foundation with no streaks and does not look oily in which I have oily facial sking. The Price point cannot be beat and it is an overall replacement to my Coverall Foundation . I now have a new Foundation I can recommend.....the Trick is to not be fooled by thebone of a kind Apllicatior !!! BOSSGLOSS APPROVED!

on 1/21/2019 11:00:00 AM

I am 53 yrs old with combo skin. I have not worn makeup in 5 years but have a big ski Vaca coming up so decided to get some makeup and get used to wearing it again... I also missed the "girly" feeling of getting dolled up. I started asking around about foundations and a couple of people raved about this...then I read the reviews here and it said just like Revlon Color Stay, but better! Now that really excited me because before I quit wearing makeup Color Stay was my go to, I used it for years and loved it. I got this in Cream Ivory and the color was a good match. It definitely is matte, so much so you don't have to use powder, but, I don't know if it is because I am older now, use to have oily skin but now I consider it normal, but this got cakey around and under my nose, but it looked pretty good on my cheeks, but didn't hide some big pores I have. Oh, also got very cakey under my eyes which I can't have now that I have some wrinkles under my eyes. I think this would be an awesome foundation for someone with VERY oily skin. Too bad, because I had high hopes☹️. Today I bought some Maybelline Fit Matte, No Pores. I will rate that in a few days. If that does not work for me I guess I am going to have to try some foundation for aging skin... maybe Cover Girls that has the Oil Of Olay.

on 12/20/2018 6:05:00 AM

I was happily surprised by this foundation. More than once I've had people ask me what I'm wearing. One friend couldn't believe it wasn't high end. It was the end of the day and I'd worn it all day. When I told her she couldn't believe it was wet n wild because of how nice my skin looked. I wear it over NYX Hydratouch Oil Primer. I told her Wet n Wild has stepped up since when we were kids in the 80s and used to buy their cheap lipsticks for 99 cents. My drugstore Foundation that I was using before this was loreal true match which looks nice but transfers like crazy. Once this sets it doesn't move and stays put til I take it off at the end of the day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

First of all, I'm a light warm olive (I think? Undertones are weird) so in the summer I'm closer to Soft Beige (light medium warm) in the summer and Soft Ivory (light warm) in the winter. The undertones for me aren't perfect, but there's no orange or pink cast on my face and that's all I can really ask of a drugstore foundation at this point. I've bought dozens and 95% of them are actually unwearable for me. I really like that they put the tone and undertone on every bottle so there is 0 confusion.

Yes, it does smell like paint. It's not overwhelming (and I'm an artist) so I actually kind of like it. The bottle would be better as a pump, of course, but at least it's not one where you have to pour and end up with wayyy too much. The finish is medium in my opinion, but it's beautiful--blurring and not too matte. I set it with concealer, Coty Airspun powder, and NYX setting spray so it's not a big issue for me. It doesn't break out my skin, which is lovely, and works well with the elf primers.

It will get a bit oily throughout the day on me. I have oily skin though, so I'm not upset about it. I have to powder once or twice for a 12-16 hour makeup day. Other products blend well onto it, if you powder first (I'm not brave enough to try powder on a dried down foundation).

All in all, this is a wonderful foundation for $4-$6. I reach for it more than even maybelleine fit me (classic ivory is great in the summer for me, but there's no good winter shade so) or even my trusty revlon colorstay (separates on the face after a while even if the undertone matches perfectly).

on 10/28/2018 12:01:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Did not work for me. Too drying and cakey looking as well as by the end of the day half of it is off my face even after setting it, Not enough coverage and it definitely streaks when applied with a brush

on 6/7/2018 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wanted to try this foundation because I'd heard about it and Wet n Wild products have improved tremendously over the years. Overall, I like this foundation but I don't love it.

I'm a NW 15-20 in MAC and I found many fair foundations for me are warm (too yellow toned and me make look ill.). I bought Shell Ivory which is labelled as "Pale Neutral Toned" (the shade before it is warm toned.) It is an excellent match. PLEASE COMPANIES PUT THE UNDERTONES ON THE LABEL! It is very helpful to know if the foundation is warm, cool or neutral toned. Kudos to Wet n Wild for realizing that undertones matter.

I usually wear a foundation with a high spf (I have enough age spots aka sun damage and don't want more) but I knew it I doesn't have any (so it doesn't get flashback.)

I tried it with both brush and sponge/beauty blender application after applying a silicon based primer and NXY color corrector. I prefer a pump but I didn't mind the spatula (better than no application). It does have a strong paint smell. For me, it blended well and the texture was lovely. The coverage was medium but buildable (I added extra to my "problem" areas. I prefer full coverage due to very uneven skin tone.) It took a bit longer to dry than I prefer. The wear was about 6 hours (I prefer longer) but it did not look patchy. I do not irritate my sensitive combination skin.

To Summarize:

Pros (for me)
- Label clearly states the undertone, making it easier to match (Shell Ivory was an excellent match for my pale, cool toned skin).
- Blends well over with brush or beauty blender
- Texture is very good
- Does not irritate my sensitive /combination skin
- Very reasonable price

Cons: (for me)
- Coverage only medium (but buildable)
- Slower to dry (with brush or sponge)
- Not the longest wearing
- Strong paint smell (stronger than Revlon Colorstay)
- No SPF

I'm neutral about the spatula applicator.

For me, it is a good, not great foundation. I will use it as alternate for my primary foundation (Revlon Colorstay) for when I'm going to not be outside and I know I'm going to have my picture taken.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

After hearing so many positive reviews, I decided to give it a try this morning. I am a 220 in Maybelline Fit Me Matte. W&W said that my color match would be Buff Bisque, however this was too light. I went with Golden Beige.The coverage was a solid medium to full. . The problem was that the foundation never "set". It still felt tacky an hour later, which is all i could stand having it on my face. Fit Me Matte is much more comfortable to wear and dries to a soft matte finish.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Wow! I had been looking for a more full coverage, affordable, semi-matte foundation to work with my dry skin and this is a shockingly good answer to my problem. Aside from the packaging (spatula applicator) and the smell of it (which dissipates once it sets), this foundation has worked for my skin better than a lot of higher end foundations for sure. I apply it in dots around my face and blend out with a damp RT sponge. The finish is smooth and semi or demi matte. Once it sets, on me, it is transfer proof but sooo much more comfortable and less drying than my previous HG's. I do set it with a light dusting of powder. For being such a thin liquid foundation, this baby packs the coverage for sure. I highly recommend this! It is nuts how cheap this stuff is. Woot!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love how my face looks with this foundation - and the shade 'golden beige' is a great match for me. I agree with one of the other reviews that it doesn't last all day but for a drugstore product, can't beat it. I notice no smell at all. If I have one con it would be the 'stick' applicator...not a fan of those but I'll deal with it.

on 4/5/2018 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have never bought an inexpensive foundation, but based on a recommendation I bought the Wet n Wild Photo Focus foundation.
It's terrific!
It's a 1 oz. size in a glass bottle with a spatula to transfer to your finger or put it directly on your face. I would have preferred a pump, but it's not that important.
The foundation goes on smoothly, blends well and most of all it covers all pores! The only negative is that you have to be fast when blending it or it will dry. I've used Estee and Lancôme and never had such a good experience.
It's not matte or dewy, it's extremely natural. Not cakey, not too heavy, nor too light. It's like your own skin, but better!
The lasting power is fabulous, I didn't have to re-touch it. It didn't settle into any lines and there was no oxidation whatsoever.
I'm fair, combo oily skin...this wasn't too drying or too "slick".
My skin is highly sensitive, but I had no reaction and it's fragrance free.
I bought the nude ivory, 363C. It's very hard to tell from photos, or from the bottle itself. I would have preferred a slightly pinker tone, but I'll definitely be using this every day.
I highly recommend this!