Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

2.9

This is one of my favourite inexpensive foundations. I was able to find a colour with a slightly pink base which matches my skin tone. It covers well without settling into my lines too deeply. About halfway through the day, my nose needs a touch up, but I've not yet found a foundation that doesn't need a touch up on my nose.

Okay, at first I loved this foundation, the smell doesn't bother me, but I have very sensitive skin due to some allergies. I have a latex allergy, and I didn't see latex anywhere in the additives, but I cannot use this foundation. I use covergirl clean matte BB cream and it's amazing. This foundation caused my entire face to get red and swollen and I got huge blisters on my face that caused scarring. I've only used it twice and I bought a new bottle thinking it might be just that batch a few months later, low and behold I'm here again with blisters all over my face. I'm sticking with covergirl, at least it doesn't scar my face

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This foundations has an array of problems, which makes me pretty sad because it's one of my best matches.

- Smells AWFUL. I felt like I was putting paint all over my face. The smell took forever to go away too.
- After only a few hours of wear, without anything like sweating, it was breaking up on my face and there were spots where you can tell it was just gone.
- Felt tacky all day like it never dried but at the same time dried me out like crazy. It also sits on top of the skin, never really blending in.
- Emphasized the texture of my face as well as dry patches even after moisturizing and exfoiliating. I have pretty small pores but this foundation wanted to make it noticeable.
- BROKE ME OUT SO BAD!!! I don't have sensitive skin and I've never been prone to acne, but only after one use of this product, I had at least 5 pimples the next day.

On top of all of this, I like the packaging minus the paddle inside the bottle. It just adds an extra step and I'd rather not use the paddle straight on my face for risk of bacteria transfer/cleanliness. A pump would have been better for this product.

Ugh wanted to like this foundation so bad because so many Youtubers were raving about it...

BUT...

-The smell is SO strong like paint
-Broke me out TERRIBLE and I never get zits
-Feels oily like it never dries down
-Emphasizes dry patches that I didn't even know I had
-Separated badly on the skin
-& lastly gathered in my pored to where it looked like I had little dots of foundation on my skin and my pores aren't even big

Overall..a BUST! But foundations react differently on everybody so for the price it may work for you.

Didn't break me out. Lasted throughout the work day. Def wouldn't sleep in, but that's because I don't sleep in makeup period. It's buildable. I have scars, marks, huge pores, uneven skin tone, pretty much all the ugliness from picking and the sun etc. buuuuut this does a great job of making me look flawless or better... I have noticed rub off but I also don't use primer or get toooo technical running out the house in the morning to make it to work. I slap it on and set with the photoready powder and I'm good to go. Packaging is whatever, honestly I slap it on my hand anyways and use a beauty blender but the last few times just Bc my bb is dirty, I actually used a brush and it also is really nice with that as well.

I really wanted to like this. Most reviewers loved it.

The packaging is fine IMO. I'm not upset at the use of a spatula inside the lid for application.

I have dehydrated skin. Some days it acts normal, sometimes I'm not doing enough and it acts dry, and some days I can be oily.

On one day this was super cakey and another day I was cakey & oily. Even on good days this didn't look nice. I was always cakey.

I guess if you're oily or combination skinned it'd work for you but I've moved on.

on 4/25/2017 7:28:00 PM

wonderful foundation for the price!! bought this a few weeks after i bought a super expensive foundation and i was bummed i even wasted my money on the expensive one. makes my skin look flawless and doesn't make me look shiny. Only complaints are the SMELL!! smells like paint!! and it does cling on to my dry patches a bit, but i have yet to find a foundation that doesn't.

I normally wear Revlon Color stay foundation but this Wnw one is a few dollars cheaper.

It has decent medium coverage and a nice selection of shades. My only complaint is that it rubs off too easily. If I touch my face or anything, it comes off much more than other foundations do. I'm not a fan of the spatula applicator, I would prefer it to have a pump instead. For the price, $6 , I would purchase again because it's the cheapest foundation with good coverage

I got a free sample of this foundation with a Wet n' Wild order and I was really shocked at how good it is! I quickly bought a full size for about $6.50. Wet n' wild has really stepped up their game! This foundation is lightweight and somewhat buildable. I feel that you could achieve medium coverage. It works for my oily/ combination skin because it doesn't add any extra moisture. The finish is very natural. It doesn't have perfume or doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. They have 20 shades. I'm about NC25 and wear "Buff Bisque/ light medium neutral."

I usually wear Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Enhancer which is sheer and moisturizing in shade 30. I wear Too Faced Light Beige (but that provides too much coverage and moisture for me.) I generally find drug store brands superior to high end. Because of price and of irritating ingredients in some high end brands.

This is an awesome foundation for 5.99. It took me a bit to find my perfect shade but I finally did. (My friends made out with the others) It lasts all day with a matte-fyling primer. Photographs great and doesn't sink into my pores. I love the bottle and the spatula. But that smell. It smells like house paint! But it doesn't last and honestly its worth it even if it smells like ass. Haha