wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.0

on 6/7/2018 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wanted to try this foundation because I'd heard about it and Wet n Wild products have improved tremendously over the years. Overall, I like this foundation but I don't love it.

I'm a NW 15-20 in MAC and I found many fair foundations for me are warm (too yellow toned and me make look ill.). I bought Shell Ivory which is labelled as "Pale Neutral Toned" (the shade before it is warm toned.) It is an excellent match. PLEASE COMPANIES PUT THE UNDERTONES ON THE LABEL! It is very helpful to know if the foundation is warm, cool or neutral toned. Kudos to Wet n Wild for realizing that undertones matter.

I usually wear a foundation with a high spf (I have enough age spots aka sun damage and don't want more) but I knew it I doesn't have any (so it doesn't get flashback.)

I tried it with both brush and sponge/beauty blender application after applying a silicon based primer and NXY color corrector. I prefer a pump but I didn't mind the spatula (better than no application). It does have a strong paint smell. For me, it blended well and the texture was lovely. The coverage was medium but buildable (I added extra to my "problem" areas. I prefer full coverage due to very uneven skin tone.) It took a bit longer to dry than I prefer. The wear was about 6 hours (I prefer longer) but it did not look patchy. I do not irritate my sensitive combination skin.

To Summarize:

Pros (for me)
- Label clearly states the undertone, making it easier to match (Shell Ivory was an excellent match for my pale, cool toned skin).
- Blends well over with brush or beauty blender
- Texture is very good
- Does not irritate my sensitive /combination skin
- Very reasonable price

Cons: (for me)
- Coverage only medium (but buildable)
- Slower to dry (with brush or sponge)
- Not the longest wearing
- Strong paint smell (stronger than Revlon Colorstay)
- No SPF

I'm neutral about the spatula applicator.

For me, it is a good, not great foundation. I will use it as alternate for my primary foundation (Revlon Colorstay) for when I'm going to not be outside and I know I'm going to have my picture taken.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

After hearing so many positive reviews, I decided to give it a try this morning. I am a 220 in Maybelline Fit Me Matte. W&W said that my color match would be Buff Bisque, however this was too light. I went with Golden Beige.The coverage was a solid medium to full. . The problem was that the foundation never "set". It still felt tacky an hour later, which is all i could stand having it on my face. Fit Me Matte is much more comfortable to wear and dries to a soft matte finish.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Wow! I had been looking for a more full coverage, affordable, semi-matte foundation to work with my dry skin and this is a shockingly good answer to my problem. Aside from the packaging (spatula applicator) and the smell of it (which dissipates once it sets), this foundation has worked for my skin better than a lot of higher end foundations for sure. I apply it in dots around my face and blend out with a damp RT sponge. The finish is smooth and semi or demi matte. Once it sets, on me, it is transfer proof but sooo much more comfortable and less drying than my previous HG's. I do set it with a light dusting of powder. For being such a thin liquid foundation, this baby packs the coverage for sure. I highly recommend this! It is nuts how cheap this stuff is. Woot!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love how my face looks with this foundation - and the shade 'golden beige' is a great match for me. I agree with one of the other reviews that it doesn't last all day but for a drugstore product, can't beat it. I notice no smell at all. If I have one con it would be the 'stick' applicator...not a fan of those but I'll deal with it.

on 4/5/2018 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have never bought an inexpensive foundation, but based on a recommendation I bought the Wet n Wild Photo Focus foundation.
It's terrific!
It's a 1 oz. size in a glass bottle with a spatula to transfer to your finger or put it directly on your face. I would have preferred a pump, but it's not that important.
The foundation goes on smoothly, blends well and most of all it covers all pores! The only negative is that you have to be fast when blending it or it will dry. I've used Estee and Lancôme and never had such a good experience.
It's not matte or dewy, it's extremely natural. Not cakey, not too heavy, nor too light. It's like your own skin, but better!
The lasting power is fabulous, I didn't have to re-touch it. It didn't settle into any lines and there was no oxidation whatsoever.
I'm fair, combo oily skin...this wasn't too drying or too "slick".
My skin is highly sensitive, but I had no reaction and it's fragrance free.
I bought the nude ivory, 363C. It's very hard to tell from photos, or from the bottle itself. I would have preferred a slightly pinker tone, but I'll definitely be using this every day.
I highly recommend this!

on 2/16/2018 10:08:00 AM

I’m 30 yo; I’ve never had break outs that look like almost hives small bumps on my face esp the chin and delicate skin. After using this foundation for a few weeks my face is completely broke out! I’ve never had problems with acne aside from normal teenager pimples. I don’t have a family history of acne. The only thing that’s changed over the last 2 months or more is this foundation. It’s almost like my skin can’t breathe, so it gets irritated with these tiny bumps everywhere. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone because I had zero problems beforehand!

on 1/30/2018 11:40:00 PM

Decided to give it a try after all the rave reviews from yt-ers. Did not take long to notice that it wasn't going to work for me. When opening, the smell is awful--like paint. I got a good color match (Peach Natural) and it applied nicely enough but it oxidizes within an hour and started to look splotchy. I also did not like the dipstick applicator because it was difficult to apply the right amount of foundation.

Total fail for me.

on 1/30/2018 2:56:00 AM

Late-thirties here, with medium, combination skin. I am a very picky beauty consumer and have had the best experience with this product; the reviews here are puzzling. This foundation is medium-coverage, with a satin (not entirely matte) finish. The powder from the same line is a perfect addition on top. As the name suggests, this photographs *beautifully*. Unless you are a blogger though, that means little. In real life, this gives you even, healthy and natural-looking skin. Your skin but better. Oxidizes minimally, and plays well with other face products. When buffed correctly, this does not budge, nor crease, it survives a gym session and all day at the office. Does not break me out. It is ridiculously cheap and performs like products ten times its price. Who can ask for more?

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Dry like hell! WORST foundation ever! My face was so stiff I could not move it! Wish I never bought it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Finding a foundation that matches my skintone is a hard battle, and finding a cheap one that matches is even more amazing. I didn't actually like this when I grabbed it, I remember cursing the YT beauty gurus for conning me again. But after UD discontinued my primer and I had to switch, I decided to give this another try. I recommend a silicone based or heavier primer to get the best application. I did notice seperating near my nose when I didn't prime enough.

Pros: Non-oxidizing, palest shade is both the right shade for me and no yellow undertones, insanely affordable, coverage can be built up somewhat, doesn't settle into lines, long lasting, not tacky, has a nice glowy finish without being shiny.

Cons: Small shade range, the spatula applicator can be annoying/messy, needs the right primer to get a flawless application, might not be the best for oily skin and definitely slides around on my nose.