wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/14/2018 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells like paint and applies like paint. If you think that's good, think of a wall with pockmarks then paint it. From far away you can't see the pockmarks (i.e. my face) but up close it's horrible. Forget about building up the foundation because it goes into cake city after the first layer. Goodbye.

on 9/27/2017 12:33:00 PM

For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone. My skin is combination but very oily on my t-zone. My shade is Golden Beige.

This is a much raved about and hyped up foundation on YouTube and I can definitely see why people (especially oily people) would love it. The line offers great color range and for amazingly affordable price you get a very decent medium (can be built up to high) foundation with zero flashback in photos. The shade a Golden Beige matched me really well so I'm really happy about that - usually foundations look either too orange or pink or ashy on me. It does smell faintly like paint but it dissipates within a few minutes so it never bothers me. Not a big fan of the applicator though - I wish that it came in a pump.

I find that this foundation looks better on me when I apply it with a buffing brush instead of a beauty blender. It dries down semi matte, wears comfortably on the skin and provides decent coverage.

Unfortunate,y I'm only giving 3 stars because it is breaking me out a bit - I have tried it 4-5 times and I don't think I'll use it again until later, and maybe even then I'll space out my usage.

For the price it is a great foundation - if you don't break out from it.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

It's Just Wow.. this is soooo nice and wonderful foundation!!!!! Price is good and working very well.
My skin so smooth and flawless and matte all day.
I will definitely buy again :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I first bought this foundation from my local Walgreens just as soon as I saw it on display. Even though they offer 20 colors of foundation in the line only about 4-5 were on display, so I picked up 2 foundations in Peach Natural, 2 in Golden Beige, and 2 pressed powders in Neutral Beige. Peach Natural is about 2 shades lighter than my skin tone, so I definitely have to warm up my face with bronzer when I wear it. Golden Beige is the most closest match to my skintone, so I am pretty pleased with it. And I will definitely continue to buy this foundation in the shade Golden Beige, for sure.

The Neutral Beige PhotoFocus pressed powder has a consistency that is very soft and silky and reminds me a lot of MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish, in the way that it is shaped, however unlike MAC's Mineralized Skin Finish, this powder wears better and definitely lasts a whole lot longer on my face. when it comes to my skin, I have sensitive, dry-to-very dry, acne prone skin. I also suffer with seborrheic dermatitis on my face, which gets especially bad during the Fall and Winter Seasons, and yet this foundation looks and wears beautifully on my face no matter the season. This foundation is one of the best drugstore foundations out there, and even though it is super inexpensive, the price is of no reflection of its true quality, at all.

With the foundation, I do not use a moisturizer or primer underneath. As, I apply the foundation straight to my freshly cleansed face with the spatula applicator (which I find to be very convenient) it comes with. I often see people putting foundation on the back of their hands and then applying it to their face in YouTube videos, and is that 100% hygienic? No. Which is why, I don't see anything majorly negative about using the spatula that comes attached to it. It is not super hard, so it's not like your scratching or tearing up your face in any way, when you use it, In regards to it being considered to be unsanitary to keep using on ones face, well, after a while, no matter how much you wash a Beauty Blender (or one if its dupes), that stuff does collect alot of stuff in it, including bacteria.

Some individuals have complained that this foundation smells like paint. It was something that I had heard some individuals actually talk about in their YouTube videos, before I even bought the foundation. However, it was not a big deterrent towards my not buying the foundation at all. i checked the ingredients, and I was cool with them, so I proceeded to buy the foundation and give it a try, so see how it really performs and smells on my own. To be honest, this foundation has a slight chemical smell, very similar to Estee Lauder's Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup (however Estee Lauder's one is a bit more stronger, and does linger). The smell of the PhotoFocus Foundation is not overwhelming, and after the foundation dries down, the slight smell ends up fading away. I don't notice any smell to the foundation as I wear it throughout the day at all. The slight chemical smell is only apparent when you go to apply the foundation to your face. Which is why, I have to say, please don't be deterred from buying this foundation, due to some reviwers claims that this foundation smells really bad, straight up like paint. Truthfully, it really doesn't smell horrible at all, and it does not smell like a can of paint either. The scent is a tolerable one that does not last. The foundation is fragrance free, however, what a lot of people don't realize is that the first ingredient within this foundation is actually what is responsible for this foundation's scent. The ingredient Isododecane, is an ingredient that has a very interesting scent to it. So, when you see this ingredient listed high within a foundation, then it is actually this ingredient that you are smelling (unless a foundation actually dies have added chemical fragrance to it, okay).

I have never experienced any creasing, cracking, or caking up issues with this foundation, and this is whether I apply it with powder over top to set it or not. I also have not experienced any issues with this foundation easily transferring off of my face at all. I have never experienced it transferring from off of my face to anywhere else, period. It does provide a comfortable matte finish. Now, I am able to get medium-to-full coverage with this foundation, by using E.L.F's Ultimate Blending Brush. I know some people love to use a Beauty Blender or other similar makeup sponges to apply their foundations with, however, because these sponges soak up a lot of foundation, it does affect the amount of coverage that one gets with a foundation. Which is why, some people may not consider this foundation to be a full coverage one, only because of what they choose to use to apply the foundation with. And, I do not recommend using very moisturizing products underneath this foundation, because you have to also realize that what you apply underneath foundations do often play a big part in the longevity of the foundation on your face, and also how it holds up appearance wise on ones face throughout the day as well.

This foundation doesn't cause issues with breakouts for me, even though I have skin that is acne-prone, for which I use the highest strength of Retin A (generic version), to help aid in controlling such. However, I always make sure to take off every bit of my foundation, before I go to actually wash my face at night. As, I am very meticulous about getting all of my face makeup off before, I start my facial cleansing process. Oh and I never sleep in my makeup anymore at all either.

I have purchased lots of high end foundations as well as drugstore foundations, however, right now, the foundations that I am actually loving the most are drugstore ones, such as this one, Maybelline's 24Hr Super Stay Full Coverage Foundation, L'Oreal's Pro Semi-Matte Foundation, and L.A. Colors Truly Matte Foundation.