wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Black
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.1

on 4/18/2018 4:02:00 AM

I hate this foundation it was so bad even when I use my primer it so cakey. I was so shocked that it work so good with other people. I have a normal skin but with this foundation my face look so dry and in large my pores . Other then that this product also did not last all day. It's was so sad because many people love it and I hate it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This is such a weird foundation because it seems like it either works beautifully or ends up being a complete disaster. Sadly, I'm in the latter camp. This stuff picks up on every single dry spot and every single pore and just looks unpleasantly cakey on my face. The wide shade range is commendable, and it is less than $5, but that's about it. It does look like the type of formula that is better suited for oily skin, however.

on 3/14/2018 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells like paint and applies like paint. If you think that's good, think of a wall with pockmarks then paint it. From far away you can't see the pockmarks (i.e. my face) but up close it's horrible. Forget about building up the foundation because it goes into cake city after the first layer. Goodbye.

on 1/24/2018 11:58:00 PM

This foundation will oxidize orange. Do not waste your money. I have no idea how popular this foundation has become but stay away. This stuff will make your skill look incredibly caked on with product even if it’s a think layer. Big no.

on 9/27/2017 12:33:00 PM

For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone. My skin is combination but very oily on my t-zone. My shade is Golden Beige.

This is a much raved about and hyped up foundation on YouTube and I can definitely see why people (especially oily people) would love it. The line offers great color range and for amazingly affordable price you get a very decent medium (can be built up to high) foundation with zero flashback in photos. The shade a Golden Beige matched me really well so I'm really happy about that - usually foundations look either too orange or pink or ashy on me. It does smell faintly like paint but it dissipates within a few minutes so it never bothers me. Not a big fan of the applicator though - I wish that it came in a pump.

I find that this foundation looks better on me when I apply it with a buffing brush instead of a beauty blender. It dries down semi matte, wears comfortably on the skin and provides decent coverage.

Unfortunate,y I'm only giving 3 stars because it is breaking me out a bit - I have tried it 4-5 times and I don't think I'll use it again until later, and maybe even then I'll space out my usage.

For the price it is a great foundation - if you don't break out from it.

on 9/12/2017 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The price is amazing. I like how this stays for the entire day for an oily skin girl like me. Nice matte finish. However, caution: gets slightly patchy on any dry areas. You will love this if you have oily skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loooove this product!!! I've been struggling to find a good foundation for my oily skin and i'm glad that the hunt is finally over. If you live in the Philippines, you know how hot it can be especially during the summer time and this stuff did a pretty good job of holding up, i only had to blot around my t-zone. It has a natural finish but still has good coverage and i get a lot of compliments saying that my skin looks amazing even though im wearing foundation *wink wink*. The oily downside is that it dries too quickly making it a bit difficult to blend and it only comes with a spatula.

on 6/19/2017 3:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This foundation has a great color range, especially for such an affordable brand. I love the little applicator wand and the simple glass packaging. The shades also come with undertone descriptions on the bottle, which is handy and makes choosing your shade a lot easier.

Performance-wise, it works really well for me. It does sink into my pores and accentuate them, so I have to make sure to use a pore filling primer on certain areas before application. It's definitely not a natural foundation, it is obvious I am wearing foundation when I apply this. That being said, it looks beautiful after proper prep and it provides a really nice medium/full, buildable coverage. It wears well for several hours (as long as I set it). The longest I've worn it is maybe 5 hours in very warm weather and it held up really well, even in my T zone. I am very acne prone and I don't feel that this foundation breaks me out, which is a HUGE bonus.

However it smells horrible, like literal paint. I mean, I'm sure the majority of foundations smell this way before added scents and masking agents. But actually smelling it as I apply it to my face gives me anxiety by confronting me with the reality of how horrible for your skin foundation actually is. Due to this, I never reach for it anymore. It's not always the case that more affordable foundations have worse ingredients, but when it comes to this foundation, I do think that my skin has been sensitive to it. I have experienced a bit of stinging after application, but it could've been something else as I only experienced this once or twice. But all of these factors combined just kind of make me reluctant to retry it past the initial tests.

on 4/24/2017 11:18:00 AM

I applied this foundation same way as i applied my other foundation which is by hand and i'm not into full coverage makeup look so i only applied lightly at where i really need and blend out for places that's okay. However, this foundation makes my face looks liked i have tons of foundation on. Maybe because it has more of a matte finish but my face looks very powdery and thick. I also found it a bit irritating cause i got a red hives spot after applying it and a bit itchy at places. My face also seems bumpy when i wake up this morning while i had this on all day yesterday for the first time. Probably won't be using it again but since it's so affordable it is still totally worth a try.

on 4/7/2017 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I never saw this one coming, but…despite the breakouts, I actually like this.

Desert Beige is the perfect match for my NC40-42 skin, whereas other foundations were too yellow/orange or gave me a grayish cast. This formula doesn't oxidize on me--it stays true to tone, in both natural and indoor lighting. Lightweight on my skin, yet full-coverage, I don't even realize my skin is suffocating; one week in, my cheeks were covered in 1mm fleshtone bumps. I apply with a beautyblender and haven't needed to set with powder.

I haven't been able to find a replacement for my HG Skin79 Bronze BB (my perfect skin match), so despite the breakouts, and at an easy price, this does the job for now.