wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.3

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is approaching holy grail territory for me.. first off, I walk to work and I live in Canada. So I need a foundation that can take a freaking beating from the elements. I also need something that can wear all work day, put up with my combo skin, has decent coverage and preferably not have to blot... So a bit of a tall order I guess.

This foundation has met all of my expectations. The only downsides I have found are that it doesn't have amazing oil control, nor does it claim to- it's decent but after 8 or so hours it can start getting shiny. I think a good mattifying powder will fix this. The other problem I have I think could also be fixed with a better powder- it hates my glasses. If I touch my face it feels matte/maybe satin but my glasses tend to slide down and ruin that bit of foundation. I'm going to mix up my primer and powder and I think that will fix it.

Still this is the only foundation I've ever been this please with and the price is so affordable. It's a beautiful finish, satin like, soft, a good medium coverage, good wear and lightweight.

I think super oily girls may get annoyed with this one. I also think it may cling to very dry skin- I wouldn't call it drying but it's not moisturizing either.

So in short- great price, good wear, natural looking finish, medium coverage. However, not mattifying or high oil control, may cling to dry patches, oh and it smells a bit odd but it goes away. Like a paint smell.

on 2/3/2019 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Rarely have I tried a foundation and re-bought it!! But I've re-bought this foundation countless times! I've tried many foundations, high and low end and this is one of the best. Also, I have an extremely yellow undertone and golden beige matches me perfectly.

It just looks like I have great skin or like I am barely wearing anything when I wear this. Its never cakes or gets greasy and most importantly it doesn't irritate my skin!!

This foundation is just ok for me. It does make my combo/oily skin matte and provides good coverage, though I found it settles into lines and around my nose a bit. It does smell like paint but the scent dissipates. The price is good for the quality. I like the glass bottle, though the spatula application can get a bit messy. I'd much prefer if it was a pump!

Overall, it's a fine foundation but there are other drug store options I like better.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got the Espresso version and it’s way too light for my taste compared to my Fenty Beauty foundation which is more reddish brown. This foundation is yellow. I don’t mind yellow but peach will probably be better. I am not one of those melanin chicks who look casket ready.

on 1/14/2019 11:49:00 AM

I was so interested in trying out this foundation but I have to say I was quite disappointed. First of all, I think the shade range is quite off. The lightest colors are way to light and ashy and have pink undertones and then it skips to dark, way to yellow/orange shades. That aside, I feel like it looks bad on the skin. I don't know what people love about it so much. I have tried to make it work in so many ways, yet I'm never happy with the result. I tried it on bare skin with no primer and it cracked around my nose and it was very visible around my mouth, forehead etc. I tried it again with a really good moisturizer and a luminous primer and yet again, it looked dry around the nose. What i look for in a foundation is decent coverage but a natural finish. This one is way too obvious on the skin, not as long lasting as other people say it is. I can see this working for people with oily skin and no texture on their skin. On me it looks almost like flour on top of my skin, very powdery. I tried using setting sprays on top to melt it into the skin but at the end of the day, there are so many foundations out there that don't require so much work and look good, fresh and natural on the skin.

Excellent for oily skin. Lasts on the skin for over 14 hours - shine free! For reference I use Paula’s Choice zinc oxide tinted sunscreen and Hourglass mineral veil primer. I sometimes use powder to finish the look but not always as I find that most days I don’t need it. Best part? No transfer! No transfer on my sunglasses, turtleneck sweaters, etc!!! I love this. My color is shell ivory which looks pink in the bottle but applies neutral. I also wear sand in Bobbi Brown stick foundation- for reference. Warm ivory in double wear - which I don’t wear anymore because this $4.99 foundation replaced it!!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was excited to buy this because of all the hype but I honestly hated it. It looked so cakey on my dry skin.

on 1/1/2019 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this Foundation Based on all the positive reviews on the wet and wild website. When I got it home I tried it out and I could not believe how amazing this Foundation makes your skin look. It absolutely makes it look like your wearing a very high-end Foundation. It gives your skin a very smooth look. I applied the Foundation using a beauty blender. To me it is a satin finish not greasy and not Matte. It gives your skin a total natural look. I will absolutely purchase this again. This may be my favorite New Foundation.
According to the wet and wild website my shade should have been golden beige based on the current brand foundation and color that I'm using currently. They were all out of golden beige so I picked up cream beige which is the next shade after golden beige. It's just a tad darker than I wanted but once it was on it looked fine I'm going to keep this one but I'm also going to pick up a golden beige.

01/01/2019 This is an update to my review. I went out and purchased the other shade which is golden beige in CVS. This is the correct shade. When I applied it for the second time I did notice it had a semi matte finish . It did not go into my fine lines and once it was it settled into skin, it didn't look semi matte anymore. For some reason the darker shade I applied yesterday didn't seem as matte than the lighter shade. Overall I'm still loving it. I will be wearing it for 13 hours today and will give an update .

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got this because Tati raves about it ! She had totally different skin than me though. This intensifies my acne and just does a really poor poor job! Sad i wanted to like it

on 12/22/2018 11:29:00 PM

I tried this foundation because so many YT beauty gurus rave about it. I’ve tried this a few times to give it a fair shot. I have combo skin, I make sure I moisture well and have tried it with different primers. This foundation goes on patchy and clings to dry spots that I don’t even have. I’ve tried applying it with a beauty sponge and a brush. I’m an nc15 and got soft ivory, decent match. It looks cakey, creases fast, and has light coverage. I don’t like the spatula applicator. Not a fan, altho the cushion version works way better!