Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.4

on 10/19/2017 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Idk if it's just me but, im having a prob with this foundation when it comes to layering it with concealer. This doesn't go well with a cream pot type concealer. My skin type is normal with some dry patches and few dark spots, blemishes to cover. I have mine in shade soft beige and Whenever I put a pot concealer on top of this, it doesn't seem to blend well and its taking away the coverage of both products. Tried blending it with sponge and fingers but meh still the same, i really dk what's wrong with the formula but I have no prob using it with liquid type concealers. (Imma pot over liquid concealer type of girl so that's a con for me)

Packaging wise, the glass bottle looks luxurious and doesn't feel cheap. The applicator itself reminds me of my holika holika jelly bb but I'd still prefer a foundation with a pump because it's more hygienic.

Blendability of the product's ok, it blends easily but also dries down easy so make sure to blend it right away, clings to my dry patches so I make sure to exfoliate before use. Finish is matte but not flat, if you know what i mean but still do like to set this with a little powder on top.

When it comes to coverage, probably medium buildable to medium high, I still need a concealer to cover my dark spots and blemishes but this doesn't go well with my pot concealers (tried every pot concealers I have like mac studio finish, catrice camo and missha perfect) but it's okay with liquids, like what I've said earlier.

Wear time for my normal-combi-sensi skin is upto 6-7hrs. I do notice that it emphasizes my pores after some hours if I wouldn't wear a primer underneath, doesn't oxidize so it's a plus point because that's my issue with other foundation. No breakout issues and it doesn't have spf so it is perfect for flash photography too.

on 9/25/2017 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i have tried many foundations from high end to very low end and this is the first one that i dont have ANY complaints about.

i wear this foundation in shell ivory and it blends seamlessly. i have never found a foundation shade that matches me so well. i like that i can use a little bit and get a light natural coverage or i can build it up to a more complete coverage. it stays in place all day on my dry/oily skin.

i like the sturdy glass bottle it comes in and i do like the spatula applicator but i feel that is not always the most sanitary way to apply it.

i love that i can pick it up at my local drugstore. i highly recommend trying it out if you're on the fence.

on 9/25/2017 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I had such high hopes for this foundation after seeing everyone on youtube rave about it.

Unfortunately, it didn't work as well for me as for other people.

I have dry skin with a slightly oily T-zone. This foundation makes my dry areas look drier and my oily parts look oilier.

The coverage is fine for what I like, which is low to medium.

The smell is horrible, and the texture feels very liquid, almost oily.

The spatula on it sucks, but for the price, I can't complain.

Overall, would not purchase again. Very disappointed.

on 9/21/2017 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

So I have been looking for a new HG foundation for awhile now. I decided to give this ago after seeing Casey Holmes YT video. I initially bought soft beige. I really like the coverage it is versatile coverage from light to full coverage. It does not look cakey, shade ranges. I did find soft beige to oxidize a lot on me and was too dark of a shade to begin with. So I bought soft ivory which seems to be my correct shade and does not oxidize. I really like this foundation, I would prefer a pump to a spatula, but for the price I can't complain. This foundation looks good, last a good 8 hours. I would recommend to use a primer for longevity. This is a foundation that I will continue to use and will repurchase. This is a really good drugstore foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This works wonderfully and beautifully -if- I moisturize and prime my skin. If I'm in a rush and don't prep my face, it looks terrible; flaky and dry. It dries out so much that it looks like my skin is starting to peel from a sunburn. I do have very dry skin anyway, but I am very shocked at how much this highlights and worsens that. So, the amount of time that I waste trying to make this look good is not worth it for me. I will have to move on to something different. I have a hunch that people with oily skin will like this a lot; but for those with very dry skin, I think you'll want to pass on this one.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

When I first used this, I applied too much product as I used the spatula to dot all over my face. It got way too cakey on my first trial and it just looked too dry and so bad on both natural and artificial lighting. But the second time I used this, I applied way less and I finally got to make it quite natural and not cakey! I have really oily skin and this oils up on me quite fast when I don't set it with a lot of powder but with baking technique it does keep the oil at bay. I don't really mind getting oily a little bit because I can always blot it with a tissue paper and the oil just melts the powder away which makes the finish much smoother or natural for me as the days go by. This doesn't really oxidize on me which is great because I just got the right shade that almost matches my skin tone which I barely did with other drugstore foundations. I personally only like sheer to medium coverage because I really have a textured skin and heavy foundations always emphasizes that so with a damp sponge, I can easily achieve a sheerer coverage with this foundation! All in all I really like this foundation, it lasted on me all day and the price is really inexpensive and it's just a plus that it is cruelty free!

on 9/14/2017 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because of YouTube-Tati, who said it was awsome: very skin-like. Well, I think I disagree: it looked heavy on me, applied with a beauty blender. I can imagine that this would be better for someone with oilier skin (mine is normal).

What I liked: it didn't break me out, and the price is pretty great! What I dislike: the powdery-leathery finish this had on me, the heavy smell (honeycomb + paint or something?) and that there was no shade match - the closest shade to my skin (Soft Beige) was still way too orange (I have NC20, very yellow-toned olive skin). I might have dealt with the colour by using a colour adjuster, but the smell of this just killed it for me - so heavy, long-lasting and cloying :/

on 9/12/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This foundation is so amazing, I cannot believe it was $6. I am oily skinned. Bought this in Espresso and I apply with a damp beauty blender. I wear a lot of foundation. Base makeup is my favorite because I love a flawless base every time I do my makeup. This is medium coverage so I use more of it than I would loreal infallible pro matte for instance. I like the way it smells and I lasts decently when set with a powder. I use the spatchula to place the fiubdation on my skin then blen with the beauty blender. I love the packaging. Wet n wild has certainly outdone themselves with this one. I will be repurchased hen I run out.

on 9/12/2017 8:22:00 PM

I was surprised by how much i liked this foundation. It has such a natural looking finish and is easily build-able. Not cakey at all and blends beautifully. My only complaint is it does smell a bit paste-ey but it doesn't linger too long.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I think this foundation is great for the price. It is medium-to-full coverage, looks great in flash photography, and leaves me with a dewy and fresh looking finish. I find that this look better when applied with a sponge as opposed to a brush. It usually takes me about two "spatulas" worth of product for a full face, but I have visible acne scarring.

My biggest issues with this foundation are the smell and the packaging. There is no pump, but a spatula with which you have to use to deposit the product onto the back of your hand before application. But for like $6, I wouldn't expect much else.