wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.3

on 7/6/2018 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Wow! For $6 this is some great foundation!! Matte with full coverage yet lets your skin breathe! Good color selection. Wet N Wild has come a LONG way and I'm glad. My only complaint is that they use that odd spatula thing as opposed to a pump.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Honestly such a great budget foundation. very comparable to my double wear (which I loooove) and at a fraction of the price. Medium to almost full coverage, smoothing and does not emphasise texture. Its a tad bit dry on normal skin (oily babes will love it) but moisturising before helps a lot. The smell is a normal foundation-y smell to me, and I dont mind it, in fact I kinda like it. I prefer no fragrance on my foundation and would rather it smelled like this foundation rather than perfumed like a lot of Chanel/Bourjois foundation is.

Is also very long-wearing and does not flake on me.

on 6/29/2018 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I didn’t expect much from this foundation because I only picked up because it was on sale, and in an effort to not fly through my Fenty so fast.

Shade: Mocha
This foundation is very easy to blend. I use a flat top kabuki brush or other dense brush. I was having problems with some acne causing patchiness on my cheeks but this foundation smooths over it really nicely making it unnoticeable, even without concealer in that area. During the day I am usually running around a lot at work and I have to say this does a nice job at staying matte throughout the day. I’ve only had to blot once a day with the WNW and afterwards it looks nice and fresh.

A lot of people mention the paint smell, I can only smell it if I really put my nose in the bottle. I don’t smell it during application or after.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I like this foundation. I bought this last year after the major YouTube hype of it. I love Wet N' Wild as a brand so I had some high hopes. My shade is Golden Beige and it really works for my yellow/olive tone skin!

It can look matte and heavy at the beginning but as it wears, it actually looks really natural on your skin. It just takes about an hour or so. I don't touch up my makeup throughout the day (because honestly, who has the time) and when I come home (after about 17 hours of wear), it looks glowy and dewy!

I personally do like the applicator. The only thing I don't like is that the bottle can get really dirty...

on 6/15/2018 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Who paid all of those youtubers to say this was good lol.
I was dry-very dry skin and I could have fried food on my face with how much oil I was producing
It drys super matte and looks cakey too and wouldn't sit on certain areas of my skin at all, and then within a couple of hours the grease comes out???
Seriously how did all of the beauty gurus hype this up

I have seen many mixed reviews about this foundation. It isn’t the best on my skin, I feel like it doesn’t settle as nice as I’d like it to, it settles into my smile lines and it transfers a lot, so for me it doesn’t wear gracefully.
However, I need to give it heads up for having such a wide shade range and stating the deepnes AND the undertone of each shade. I am very fair and finding foundation that is light enough and neutral/yellow is nearly impossible, especially in drugstores, so well done wet’n’wild.
P.S. I still use this to mix in with other foundations

on 5/23/2018 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to try out Wet N Wild Photo Focus Foundation after seeing some good reviews on youtube. Well after trying this product out I was very disappointed. First of all, I chose 3 different color shades, hoping that one of them would match my light/medium, neutral skin tone. Two shades were too light for me (Nude Ivory and Rose Ivory) and the next shade up was too dark and orange for me (Soft Beige). Next I mixed two shades together and applied the foundation with a damp beauty blender. It went on very splotchy and had minimal coverage. This product did nothing to cover old acne scars and redness. . I also accentuated all my dry spots and fine lines and made my face look dirty for some reason. All in all, I wasn't happy with this foundation and would not recommend it to anybody.

on 5/23/2018 2:14:00 PM

bleh.
i was really excited about this one, hearing lots of people rave about how great and affordable it is, but it just isn't for me. this foundation slides around my face, refuses to blend of buff into the skin, and clings to every single dry patch and bit of texture that i have. my forhead legitemately looks like sandpaper when i apply this. it does have a paint smell, which does not bother me personally, but the blending and texture issues definitely do.
i admit that the failure of this foundation is partially the fault of my skin, it's pretty rough and patchy. if you have smoother and less dry skin, i think it's worth a try, since it's only 6 dollars and does have some good reviews.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe that such a fantastic foundation could come from Wet'n'Wild! In fact, this may just be my Holy Grail...until the next HG comes along, of course :)

I originally tried this out in the light warm and light-medium warm shades, and while I was happy with the foundation formula, the color just wouldn't work. I honestly didn't think of trying the neutral shades since I'm on the olive side, but after seeing how well the True Match Lumi in N1-N2 matched me, I decided to try this again in neutral. I'm so happy I did! I used a damp sponge to apply it, and the coverage and finish of this foundation is lovely, very natural looking. It looks good no matter what the lighting! It's light to medium coverage and can be built a little; it'll never be full coverage without screaming "foundation!". The wear time is fantastic (with primer). It didn't irritate or dry out my skin, or cause any breakouts.

The bottle itself is a little strange: I never encountered a foundation bottle with a paddle. I do prefer pumps since they keep air and germs out of the foundation, so the fact that this bottle doesn't have a pump limits its shelf life to 3-6 months max. But given that I bought this for less than $6, I can easily afford to replace it. As far as how sanitary the paddle is, it's no worse than the doe foot applicators that most concealers come with. If anything, it's somewhat better in that I can use the paddle to drop some foundation on the back of my hand--the paddle doesn't have to touch my skin at all.

There's 20 shades which cover a good range of skin tones. A lot of the foundation shades run very light: as I mentioned, I'm a N1-2 in True Match Lumi and I had to go with the light-medium neutral shade of Buff Bisque. So if you automatically reach for the lightest shade in a foundation, you may want to rethink it as you may find yourself needing a shade (or even two) darker than you'd usually pick. I can't speak to how well the darkest tones work as I don't have dark skin, but I feel like even the deep ones could have been even more so.

This foundation is definitely worth trying at least once. For $6, how could you go wrong?

Good medium coverage foundation. Not a fan of the smell.. smells like literal paint. Did a good job of covering up imperfections without looking cakey. Separated a bit around my nose. I would use this as an every day foundation for a natural (affordable!) makeup look, and nothing too long wearing.