wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.1

on 12/11/2018 3:42:00 PM

I'm actually super impressed with this foundation. For $8 CAD, it's the most affordable foundation at the drugstore, and might actually be my new fav! I love the Wet n Wild powder highlighters so much, I thought I'd try out some of their other products. So glad I did!

The foundation does have a bit of a paint-like smell, only really noticeable if you're wafting the bottle under your nose lol. I love that it has different undertone options, and that the undertone is stated right on the bottle. I got the Rose Ivory one, with a cool undertone, and it is PERFECT. I was using the Nyx Can't Stop Won't Stop, but I find it's a little drying for the winter months, and I ended up buying the wrong undertone because it doesn't say on the bottle :( The shade is perfect and this is the FIRST TIME I've ever had a truly matching undertone in my foundation. So happy!

The Photo Focus foundation from Wet n Wild has a great consistency, not too thick so it's easy to blend around your face with just a little! The paddle is weird and probably not the most hygienic, but it doesn't really bother me. It's easy enough to transfer from the paddle to a sponge instead of directly on your face.

The foundation applies nicely, sets nicely, and still looks great at the end of my work day. It seems to play well with my fav skincare products, primers, and makeup products. No complaints from me!

on 12/10/2018 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

One of their shades matches my skin tone perfectly. Stays on all day. No creasing or oxidizing. As others mention, it smells kinda like paint but for this value, it’s amazing and is long lasting. Hope they never discontinue it!

on 12/1/2018 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried so many foundations mostly high end. This is in my top 3. I have oily skin, this foundation keeps me matte without looking dry. I wear this for long days at work. It looks good all day in real life but also on tv. It’s the perfect all round foundation for me. Longlasting and lightweight. Shade range is also flattering for me. Love this. Need this. And so cheap.

on 10/20/2018 7:44:00 PM

Oh. My. Goodness. This drugstore foundation definitely puts some of the high-end brands a run for their money! Wet-N-Wild did not come to play when they made this product. This foundation is medium-full coverage, it is long lasting, very lightweight, and extremely easy to blend out. Personally, I found that it was easier to blend this out with a brush rather then a beauty sponge as it is a little on the runny side and the sponge soaked up most of the product. This foundations comes in very many shades, I’m sure that you will be able to find your perfect match if you want to try this for yourself. The one and ONLY thing that i did not like about this was the packaging. Im not really sure what they were trying to do with the spatula thingy but if this had a pump it would be even more amazing then it already is. This foundation is only $5 and you can not tell one bit that it is that cheap once it is on your face. When i tried this out and people asked me what foundation i was wearing they did not believe me when i told them that it was Wet-N-Wild. Please go out and try this, i guarantee you will love it just as much if not more than i do!!!!!!!!!

on 9/18/2018 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Bought this on a whim to test out - I picked up shade 366C Buff Bisque, I'm normally NC20-25-ish during the summer/spray tan months. In a nutshell, this looks GREAT in photos, smells horrible, packaging is a little bulky, and the spatula probably has a lot of bacteria lingering on it. It's cheap (like $5 or so at ULTA?) This isn't as long lasting as my go to matte formulas, but for flawless foundation in photographs I'm willing to keep it around. I'd repurchase!

on 8/20/2018 4:05:00 AM

I LOVE this foundation and I don't love many. *I bought the Soft Ivory shade*
As an acne and rosacea sufferer, I've tried every foundation under the sun and honestly, none compare to how good this feels on my skin. It's light, blends so well with my beauty blender and has a lovely skin feel and look finish.

I really wish it had a pump applicator instead of the little spatula thing but I found that after a couple goes I was able to get the right amount on my blender and blissfully tap away on my skin. It also pairs amazingly well with its concealer from the same range which was my first and favourite purchase from Wet n Wild.

I find it lasts really well throughout the day but I don't expect my makeup to last over 12hrs, nor and I looking for that level of gunk on my sensitive face. I do set my concealer with a bit of powder from LA Girl and a spritz of Essence fixing spray all over and I feel good to go for the day without touchups. If I'm having a problematic day with redness that burns through which is just a rosacea treat (sighs), then I will touch up with some concealer in that area or drink a ton of water, whichever is closer. But burn through is something I've had with all foundations, least of all with this one, it feels much lighter and gentler on my sensitive skin.

I also love any foundation that looks like skin and doesn't cake or wear away in patches which I feel this one doesn't!

As a cruelty-free makeup user, WW is by far my favourite!

Also, I totally recommend trying the Oil Cleansing Method, it has been a life and skin changing find!!!

I first bought the foundation online in soft beige a couple of months ago, I chose the closest colour I could to my usual foundation, but when it came it was slightly too dark, which sucks because in the bottle it looks really close to my usual, but when it comes out it's just a little bit too dark. I feel like the next lightest shade would be too light, so I don't know if there's a shade in this foundation that truly matches me, I'd probably have to mix two together. So because this was too dark when I first tried it I didn't really like it, and I didn't think it looked that great on my skin so I only wore it once. I bought several other vegan foundations since including Kat Von D, but couldn't find one that I really liked. One day I decided to try this one again, and my mind was completely changed. The colour is still slightly wrong but it still looks natural enough. I put on a couple of layers and thought that looked ok, but when I looked again about 5 minutes later I realised that it looks really amazingly flawless and matte. I have large pores and it makes them not so noticeable, it also stays put all day and looks great all day. I have combination skin and my makeup usually ends up melting off, but this one stayed on really well without looking heavy or cakey, unlike K V D, which is super thick and looks great when it first goes on but I've noticed five minutes later it settles into every line and poor and looks awful. This one improves with time, not worsens. It's also so important to me that the greasiness stays away, because my makeup will settle in my pores and look awful and this one didn't do that. I wasn't really that keen on the applicator but it's ok, I prefer a pump bottle. Another thing that I didn't really like was the smell, it smells pretty bad when you first put it on but the smell does go away. So yeah this is my new favourite foundation now and I will definitely be buying it again.

I REALLY wanted to love this. I tried it out for a week and loved how long lasting it was. Then I started noticing little bumps, which then turned into pimples. Before I knew it, I was broken out all over my face, in cystic acne. I'm so bummed that this didn't work for me because it really is a great foundation for the price. If you have sensitive skin, I'd probably skip this one if I were you.

I purchased this product because my local Ulta had a sale where it was 1/2 off among it being a commonly used foundation for a makeup artist I follow on social media. And well, this foundation did. not. disappoint! One of the largest issues I have with foundations are either shade range (honey I am casper's ghost pale) OR it seeps into my forehead wrinkles and smile lines and looks a mess. I did not (for the first time ever) have to purchase the lightest shade they had and out of all my foundations I have (including Urban Decay all nighter foundation) IT BARELY CREASES. It sits beautifully on the skin and lasts all day. Its just great. This has become one of my holy grail products. Great coverage medium-full, depending on how much you build on your face. Super breatheable and non-cakey. The packaging is even nice for how cheap it is. Wet N Wild done good.

on 4/16/2018 8:39:00 PM

Here are the reasons why I gave this foundation a one lipstick rating: 1. It had a stong scent that smells exactly like paint - which is not pleasant in any way. 2. It slid around on my face and was completely worn off after a few hours, even with a primer and setting powder. 3. Before using this foundation I didn't have any trouble with my skin, but now I've got tiny bumps all over my face. 4. Even with a thin layer of foundation, it still felt really heavy and uncomfortable on my skin. 5. This foundation made my makeup brushes incredibly stiff, and I'm not able to get them clean. 6. The plastic cap kept breaking and the little spatula was awkward to use.

The only thing I liked about this foundation was the fact that its cruelty-free!