Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.0

on 1/24/2018 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Lasts all day, not patchy and does not cling to the dry parts of my skin. I normally would never use a drug store foundation as I have very sensitive skin but it has not caused any reaction. I needed to switch from Nars sheer glow after they decided to test on animals and I wish I had switched years ago. Nars wore off quickly and clung to dry patches in comparison.
Smells like house paint in the bottle but the smell dissipates really quickly and does smell at all when on your face.

If you have combination skin, listen up
This foundation was really good for me in the summer because my skin is on the oily side, and it stayed matte.
In the winter my skin changed so it was normal, no excess oil, and the foundation caused me to break out really bad.
It gets in your pores and any concealer, brush or anything touching your face will move it out of place and make it patchy. It also enlarged my pores really bad and smells like acrylic paint

on 1/3/2018 6:22:00 PM

Formula is a lil sticky smells kinda like paint but I spent literally $5 on it and it works really well tbh. Not exactly natural looking but it’s not cakey w/ light-medium coverage.
It doesn’t oxidize at all and doesn’t cling to dry patches it’s a great product for the price

on 12/21/2017 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is not bad foundation at all. I was not expecting to like it and actually it surprised me and I have used half the bottle already. This is supposed to prevent photo flashback but I have never experienced that anyway so that selling point is meaningless to me. I bought it because it was much cheaper than my current foundation and who doesn't like to save a few dollars? I had trouble choosing a shade as the color shade range is simply not quite suited for my type and I picked up Fair-Pale-Neutral 361C Shell Ivory which is slightly light for me but the next shade was much too dark. I use a slightly darker setting powder so it works out when I am finished. The light shades were either too pink or too yellow and none really fit my coloration. This one comes the closest and I will be able to use this while it is winter but come spring and summer when my skin tans, this definitely won't work for me. This is packaged in a glass bottle with the weirdest stick/paddle applicator. It's like applying foundation with a shovel. I really dislike the applicator. It shouldn't matter as I always use a sponge or brush to blend it in, but it does. I want something soft touching my skin, not this hard plastic shovel. Ugh. I try to dot it on and then go in with either my makeup sponge or foundation brush to blend it in. I get a nice even skintone with this and is blends well and has medium coverage. It has not caused any irritation but I do get occasional breakouts from this by the end of the day. Not every time I wear it though, so it could be other factors causing the breakouts rather than the foundation. It looks fine starting out and is still okay in 8-9 hours, but by the end of 14 hours, it settles in fine lines and creases and does get a little patchy right around my nose but being a glasses wearer, that happens with most foundations by the end of the day anyway. I will use this up but I won't buy it again. It was good, it just didn't unseat my favorite. I think if it had a different type of application, I'd be much more pleased with it. I can always mix two shades together and custom blend my own and often have to do that with most brands so color wasn't the biggest complaint. I picked it because it was inexpensive and I wanted to try it, but it just doesn't live up to my favorite L'Oreal Infallible foundation and I will finish it up, but I won't repurchase.

on 12/7/2017 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Price was great, shade range is really nice. No matter what primer or powder I use with this foundation it rubs off, creases, transfers and generally looks gross. I do find this oxidizes on me, and the “neutral” shades are just straight up pink. Texture is great, feels weightless on the skin with a nice natural high medium coverage.

Jury is still out on this for me. I like the coverage and finish, but I bought this over the summer when I had a tan and so now the color is too dark for me (buff bisque). I just haven't had time to go out and get a lighter color. It does have a little bit of a chemical, almost gasoline like smell to it which is off-putting. Not too jazzed about the spatula but I put it on a mixing palette instead of directly on my face to avoid cross-contamination, so it's not the end of the world (best option if you're also using on a client).

on 10/17/2017 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is good for an everyday/weekend look

Has good coverage, but is quite "paint" like. Can be built up

I found it quite drying on my skin, so I did the ol' Wayne Goss trick & put in 3-4 drops of oil and mixed it well (to the entire bottle!)

Made a huge difference! Not bad for the price!

on 10/14/2017 2:16:00 PM

I really wanted to love this affordable foundation since it had favorable reviews from here and YT. This unfortunately is a big fat NO for me :( It accentuates every pore in my skin (and I don't really have large pores, either!!) I literally tried *every* type of application of brushes, fingers, BB with different combos of primers, oils, moisturizers, w/o moisturizers or primer, etc. and nope -- it was totally a scrubber with every method. I mean I couldn't even leave the house with it on my face, it was that noticeable!! I even tried my Laura Geller BNB foundation over it to cover up the pores, but it just make me look like a caked up horror show!!! lol!! *Even Fix+ couldn't fix that!!! I am 53, so I'm guessing it isn't for my age group. I'll stick to Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear Foundation which is the best (ATM) for me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I like this foundation. I do not love it, but I would probably repurchase it. It smells like latex wall paint, but I have gotten used to that. The coverage is nice, and the shade selection is amazing for drug store--and it does not oxidize on me at all, which is rare in less expensive foundations. I like applying this with a buffing brush and setting with powder. As the day wears on it goes from matte to satin-y, which I am fine with, but if you have oily skin you'd probably want to use a mattifying primer with this. The glass bottle the product comes in is nice and heavy, and it looks pretty fancy for such an inexpensive product, but I think Wet n Wild really messed up by not putting this in a pump bottle. The product is too runny for the little spatula thingie to be very effective and a pump would've been so much more sanitary and thoughtful.

on 9/27/2017 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm very fair and very cool toned and the shade rose ivory is really good match. Evens out my skin tone. Just be sure to add a blush/light bronzer after because this is very pale and pink toned and can look..interesting without anything else. the staying power is average but I'd buy again if I ran out.