wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.0

I purchased this product because my local Ulta had a sale where it was 1/2 off among it being a commonly used foundation for a makeup artist I follow on social media. And well, this foundation did. not. disappoint! One of the largest issues I have with foundations are either shade range (honey I am casper's ghost pale) OR it seeps into my forehead wrinkles and smile lines and looks a mess. I did not (for the first time ever) have to purchase the lightest shade they had and out of all my foundations I have (including Urban Decay all nighter foundation) IT BARELY CREASES. It sits beautifully on the skin and lasts all day. Its just great. This has become one of my holy grail products. Great coverage medium-full, depending on how much you build on your face. Super breatheable and non-cakey. The packaging is even nice for how cheap it is. Wet N Wild done good.

on 4/16/2018 8:39:00 PM

Here are the reasons why I gave this foundation a one lipstick rating: 1. It had a stong scent that smells exactly like paint - which is not pleasant in any way. 2. It slid around on my face and was completely worn off after a few hours, even with a primer and setting powder. 3. Before using this foundation I didn't have any trouble with my skin, but now I've got tiny bumps all over my face. 4. Even with a thin layer of foundation, it still felt really heavy and uncomfortable on my skin. 5. This foundation made my makeup brushes incredibly stiff, and I'm not able to get them clean. 6. The plastic cap kept breaking and the little spatula was awkward to use.

The only thing I liked about this foundation was the fact that its cruelty-free!

Smells like paint and feels heavy on the skin. My skin is more on the dry side and this definitely emphasized that- turned splotchy and did not cover any redness or acne. Do not recommend!

on 3/18/2018 12:05:00 AM

I was so excited to try this product after hearing such great reviews from youtubers and reviewers online but I quickly was disappointed. The smell is terrible but I can get past that just fine, it's the overall effect on my skin that really made me hate this foundation! I got little, hive-like pimples all over my face and it seemed to emphasize all my imperfections! It covered the discoloration on my face but my pores seemed huge when I used this foundation, which is not usually an issue for me. I tried using this product with moisturizer, with primer, without anything, with various powders or without them, etc. I tried everything, hoping so much to like it! I love the price but I just couldn't make it look nice on my skin. I'm in my 20's but my skin looked like I was much much older. Beware of this product! It might be great for you, and I hope that's the case, but it could be a terrible waste of the $4-$5 you'll spend on it!

on 1/24/2018 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Lasts all day, not patchy and does not cling to the dry parts of my skin. I normally would never use a drug store foundation as I have very sensitive skin but it has not caused any reaction. I needed to switch from Nars sheer glow after they decided to test on animals and I wish I had switched years ago. Nars wore off quickly and clung to dry patches in comparison.
Smells like house paint in the bottle but the smell dissipates really quickly and does smell at all when on your face.

If you have combination skin, listen up
This foundation was really good for me in the summer because my skin is on the oily side, and it stayed matte.
In the winter my skin changed so it was normal, no excess oil, and the foundation caused me to break out really bad.
It gets in your pores and any concealer, brush or anything touching your face will move it out of place and make it patchy. It also enlarged my pores really bad and smells like acrylic paint

on 1/3/2018 6:22:00 PM

Formula is a lil sticky smells kinda like paint but I spent literally $5 on it and it works really well tbh. Not exactly natural looking but it’s not cakey w/ light-medium coverage.
It doesn’t oxidize at all and doesn’t cling to dry patches it’s a great product for the price

on 12/21/2017 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is not bad foundation at all. I was not expecting to like it and actually it surprised me and I have used half the bottle already. This is supposed to prevent photo flashback but I have never experienced that anyway so that selling point is meaningless to me. I bought it because it was much cheaper than my current foundation and who doesn't like to save a few dollars? I had trouble choosing a shade as the color shade range is simply not quite suited for my type and I picked up Fair-Pale-Neutral 361C Shell Ivory which is slightly light for me but the next shade was much too dark. I use a slightly darker setting powder so it works out when I am finished. The light shades were either too pink or too yellow and none really fit my coloration. This one comes the closest and I will be able to use this while it is winter but come spring and summer when my skin tans, this definitely won't work for me. This is packaged in a glass bottle with the weirdest stick/paddle applicator. It's like applying foundation with a shovel. I really dislike the applicator. It shouldn't matter as I always use a sponge or brush to blend it in, but it does. I want something soft touching my skin, not this hard plastic shovel. Ugh. I try to dot it on and then go in with either my makeup sponge or foundation brush to blend it in. I get a nice even skintone with this and is blends well and has medium coverage. It has not caused any irritation but I do get occasional breakouts from this by the end of the day. Not every time I wear it though, so it could be other factors causing the breakouts rather than the foundation. It looks fine starting out and is still okay in 8-9 hours, but by the end of 14 hours, it settles in fine lines and creases and does get a little patchy right around my nose but being a glasses wearer, that happens with most foundations by the end of the day anyway. I will use this up but I won't buy it again. It was good, it just didn't unseat my favorite. I think if it had a different type of application, I'd be much more pleased with it. I can always mix two shades together and custom blend my own and often have to do that with most brands so color wasn't the biggest complaint. I picked it because it was inexpensive and I wanted to try it, but it just doesn't live up to my favorite L'Oreal Infallible foundation and I will finish it up, but I won't repurchase.

on 12/7/2017 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Price was great, shade range is really nice. No matter what primer or powder I use with this foundation it rubs off, creases, transfers and generally looks gross. I do find this oxidizes on me, and the “neutral” shades are just straight up pink. Texture is great, feels weightless on the skin with a nice natural high medium coverage.

Jury is still out on this for me. I like the coverage and finish, but I bought this over the summer when I had a tan and so now the color is too dark for me (buff bisque). I just haven't had time to go out and get a lighter color. It does have a little bit of a chemical, almost gasoline like smell to it which is off-putting. Not too jazzed about the spatula but I put it on a mixing palette instead of directly on my face to avoid cross-contamination, so it's not the end of the world (best option if you're also using on a client).