Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.6

on 9/27/2017 12:33:00 PM

For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone. My skin is combination but very oily on my t-zone. My shade is Golden Beige.

This is a much raved about and hyped up foundation on YouTube and I can definitely see why people (especially oily people) would love it. The line offers great color range and for amazingly affordable price you get a very decent medium (can be built up to high) foundation with zero flashback in photos. The shade a Golden Beige matched me really well so I'm really happy about that - usually foundations look either too orange or pink or ashy on me. It does smell faintly like paint but it dissipates within a few minutes so it never bothers me. Not a big fan of the applicator though - I wish that it came in a pump.

I find that this foundation looks better on me when I apply it with a buffing brush instead of a beauty blender. It dries down semi matte, wears comfortably on the skin and provides decent coverage.

Unfortunate,y I'm only giving 3 stars because it is breaking me out a bit - I have tried it 4-5 times and I don't think I'll use it again until later, and maybe even then I'll space out my usage.

For the price it is a great foundation - if you don't break out from it.

on 9/21/2017 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

So I have been looking for a new HG foundation for awhile now. I decided to give this ago after seeing Casey Holmes YT video. I initially bought soft beige. I really like the coverage it is versatile coverage from light to full coverage. It does not look cakey, shade ranges. I did find soft beige to oxidize a lot on me and was too dark of a shade to begin with. So I bought soft ivory which seems to be my correct shade and does not oxidize. I really like this foundation, I would prefer a pump to a spatula, but for the price I can't complain. This foundation looks good, last a good 8 hours. I would recommend to use a primer for longevity. This is a foundation that I will continue to use and will repurchase. This is a really good drugstore foundation.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

When I first used this, I applied too much product as I used the spatula to dot all over my face. It got way too cakey on my first trial and it just looked too dry and so bad on both natural and artificial lighting. But the second time I used this, I applied way less and I finally got to make it quite natural and not cakey! I have really oily skin and this oils up on me quite fast when I don't set it with a lot of powder but with baking technique it does keep the oil at bay. I don't really mind getting oily a little bit because I can always blot it with a tissue paper and the oil just melts the powder away which makes the finish much smoother or natural for me as the days go by. This doesn't really oxidize on me which is great because I just got the right shade that almost matches my skin tone which I barely did with other drugstore foundations. I personally only like sheer to medium coverage because I really have a textured skin and heavy foundations always emphasizes that so with a damp sponge, I can easily achieve a sheerer coverage with this foundation! All in all I really like this foundation, it lasted on me all day and the price is really inexpensive and it's just a plus that it is cruelty free!

on 9/12/2017 6:33:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The price is amazing. I like how this stays for the entire day for an oily skin girl like me. Nice matte finish. However, caution: gets slightly patchy on any dry areas. You will love this if you have oily skin.

Good.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good affordable foundation that goes on good and looks natural. Does smell like paint tho.

on 6/19/2017 3:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This foundation has a great color range, especially for such an affordable brand. I love the little applicator wand and the simple glass packaging. The shades also come with undertone descriptions on the bottle, which is handy and makes choosing your shade a lot easier.

Performance-wise, it works really well for me. It does sink into my pores and accentuate them, so I have to make sure to use a pore filling primer on certain areas before application. It's definitely not a natural foundation, it is obvious I am wearing foundation when I apply this. That being said, it looks beautiful after proper prep and it provides a really nice medium/full, buildable coverage. It wears well for several hours (as long as I set it). The longest I've worn it is maybe 5 hours in very warm weather and it held up really well, even in my T zone. I am very acne prone and I don't feel that this foundation breaks me out, which is a HUGE bonus.

However it smells horrible, like literal paint. I mean, I'm sure the majority of foundations smell this way before added scents and masking agents. But actually smelling it as I apply it to my face gives me anxiety by confronting me with the reality of how horrible for your skin foundation actually is. Due to this, I never reach for it anymore. It's not always the case that more affordable foundations have worse ingredients, but when it comes to this foundation, I do think that my skin has been sensitive to it. I have experienced a bit of stinging after application, but it could've been something else as I only experienced this once or twice. But all of these factors combined just kind of make me reluctant to retry it past the initial tests.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The best for oily skin!

on 6/12/2017 2:16:00 AM

Will finish the bottle but will not purchase again. cons: it's CAKEY when you build it up, it's thick, feels like a thick mask on my face, smells like paint but it's not as bad as the revlon colorstay, it broke up around my nose. Pros: the price is good and the packaging is good quality. I don't recommend

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this is slowly becoming my HG foundation! It's just so pretty and holds up in southern heat (unlike most foundations), and with the price tag! My lord, I love it.