wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.4

on 3/30/2018 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

For reference, I am a MAC NC30 (medium with warm undertones). I have this in the shade "Golden Beige."

This foundation has received very good reviews on Youtube; however, my experience with this foundation was not that great. While it has a great finish and medium coverage that's buildable to full, I found that there are two major issues with this foundation: lasting power and oxidation.

The foundation does not seem to last very long on the skin. It seemed to start fading after the 4 hour mark. In addition, it has the tendency to crease, esp. around the mouth and under-eye area. It also gets cakier throughout the day as the skin dries out.

The biggest deal breaker with this foundation is the oxidation. It seems to start oxidizing orange on my skin almost immediately after application and gets worse throughout the day. I looked on the reviews on the WnW website for this foundation and this seems to be a pretty common issue.

Hard pass on this foundation. I would not recommend this to a friend nor will I be repurchasing. Instead, opt to get their cushion foundation, which is absolutely fantastic!

on 3/27/2018 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Surprised at the terrible reviews here. I'm a 50 year old lady with super sensitive skin, mild rosacea, huge pores on my nose, pale olive w/yellow undertone. Got this as store was out of the e.l.f. beautifully bare foundation serum that I usually use. It smells exactly like the old school revlon colorstay (like latex paint lol) but the smell dissipates quickly. And it is nowhere near as drying as the colorstay that emphasizes every tiny wrinkle - ugh! I apply extra moisturizer first, followed by primer. I apply a TINY amount with a stippling brush in small sections and use a beauty blender on each section IMMEDIATELY as it dries instantly. It lasts all day at work and the nose area needs touched up only if I keep it on for the evening until bedtime. Great color match for me (neutral buff bisque) which I'm especially happy about because I have enormous difficulty finding foundations for my skin tone.

on 2/24/2018 3:19:00 PM

Its good for everyday use but it’s not full coverage and it get a little bit crease so surly needs some fix powder

on 2/12/2018 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is an ok foundation for the price but I found it pretty drying so this might not be for us dry skin folks. I actually like the stick to apply it and the price of course. It applies nicely with a beauty blender but I could probably only use this in the summer when my skin is not as dry.

on 1/22/2018 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product looked really great upon initial application. The color was a perfect match and gave a natural finish with medium coverage which I loved. However a couple hours into the wear, it began to feel heavy on the skin and made me look oilier than normal for someone with combination/oily skin. I also came to find out that it was causing me to breakout, which may have been the glycerin ingredient in it as MAC Fix + also broke me out. Everyone is right regarding the smell, it smells like paint but I found that it faded and I couldn't smell it throughout the day. If this foundation didn't make my skin react the way it did, I would actually like it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Picked this up at the grocery store. It is quite simple to pick your shade...they are separated by warm, cool, and neutral, and darkness level. I picked medium warm, the shade is called Golden Beige, and it is by far the best shade match for me that I've ever found. I have tried many mid range foundations, all the popular ones. In MAC products I use NC30, but I find it to be a hair dark, while NC25 is too light.

I don't like the spatula packaging and it smells bad, but it's not the only foundation that has these qualities, and for the price I can overlook these.

The advertising doesn't mention what the finish is or what skin type it's ideal for. I have normal-combo skin and prefer a matte finish as they tend to be longer lasting. This foundation is very matte and would not work for dry skin, it made my skin feel dry even in my oily areas. But it lasts long, I tend to rest my face in my hand throughout the day and it still looked intact by 5pm (I applied it at 7am). I find the finish very unnatural looking, especially the closer up you get.

on 1/14/2018 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love wnw fdtns as a rule (coverall, ultimate match, tinted moisturizer, THIS.).......it does have an unpleasant odor-aroma of paint with this. But wnw fdtn are good for oily skinned people. The spatula is an interesting addition. For $6 this is pretty good but discovering your shade can be an arcane process .and wnw is cruelty free (which is awesome!!!) I use wnw reserve your cabana powder for glowy skin.

on 12/15/2017 11:37:00 AM

Loved this foundation, it makes your skin look flawless. However, it broke me out pretty bad.

on 11/19/2017 3:50:00 PM

I do have to say I'm so sad this didn't work out on me!! My roommate bought it and said she loved it(although she has beautiful porcelain skin) and I can't pass up a good wet n wild product so I gave it a try. The shade matched up pretty well and covered my imperfections and problem skin well enough for me to be satisfied. I really enjoyed the wear honestly. The smell of this threw me off for sure, very prominent weird smell for a foundation with no spf. This stuff broke my skin out so bad unfortunately so I can't use it again. For someone with healthy balanced skin or a first time foundation for someone just getting into make up, this might be awesome for you though!

on 11/13/2017 12:32:00 AM

For ref, I'm NC37 and I got the shade Golden Beige and here`s my take:-

Pros
Cheap
smells like all ordinary foundation.. its chemical base! it doesnt lasts upon application
goes well with my stippling brush and i needed 2 scoops of spatula
photos really well as the product prides itself !! This was designed for selfies in mind. Also it does not contain SPF (part of that flawless finish will be attributed to this)

Cons
I didnt like the spatula .. not hygienic ...wished it came with a pump
it does oxidizes, looking darker and i did feel I shoulda' got Soft Bisque instead

Recommend?
If you lov selfies .. buy!.