wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.7

on 7/6/2018 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Wow! For $6 this is some great foundation!! Matte with full coverage yet lets your skin breathe! Good color selection. Wet N Wild has come a LONG way and I'm glad. My only complaint is that they use that odd spatula thing as opposed to a pump.

on 5/18/2018 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

as someone with oily, textured skin, i don't love this foundation. i don't have much overall redness to conceal so this does an okay job of evening out my skin tone, but anything other than a very sheer layer of this looks INCREDIBLY cakey - this product does not build well over itself. when i wear this i have to finish concealing any hyperpigmentation with a complementary concealer, which isn't the worst thing in the world, but i have used other foundations that build much better than this, and if you have a lot to conceal, it's more economical to just get a high coverage foundation.

i will say though, this does look quite nice on my skin when it's behaving. i get best results dabbing small amounts of product onto my skin at a time, blending, and then dabbing more on as needed/wanted. this is the best way to get a sheer application with extra coverage only where you need it. after i've applied this all over, i brush on some concealer to cover any remaining redness and the finish is really natural and lovely!

pros:
- great shade range for lighter skin tones - porcelain is actually too light for me even after drying down! nice to have a CF option at the drugstore for foundation for skin tones on both ends of the spectrum
- cap is very secure thanks to grooves along opening, sturdy packaging
- smell doesn't linger throughout the day
- applicator is weird, but it does sort of work to manage how much product you're using at one time
- really pretty, natural finish when you use the right amount!

cons:
- tacky finish, never dries down (powdering doesn't help)
- offensive odor, VERY strong during application
- seems to have flashback??
- low/medium coverage
- applicator is unwieldy
- cap gets dirty and gunky with product over time

i will repurchase since i don't like to spend a ton of money on foundation and i like to support CF brands but i am still keeping my eyes peeled for other CF foundations. i really prefer higher coverage and i feel like i get that with my other favorite brand - sad they aren't CF :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

(FOR REFERENCE I HAVE COMBINATION/OILY SKIN)
With this product all I can say is: Less is definitely more.
Following what I read here, I dabbed teeny tiny amounts of this with the spatula all over my face and proceeded to blend with a damp sponge in a downward motion. The coverage was pretty impressive and natural looking in my opinion. I even applied this underneath my eyes as a concealer, and didn't set it with a powder. Even though it had a tacky feeling I trusted the foundation and it did not budge throughout the day (I even went to the beach wearing this and it stayed put).
I feel like if you apply more than one layer of this, it will look very cakey and weird. The consistency is light and watery but it sets down to a powder satin finish.
Now for the many cons: The smell is just like house paint, no exaggeration and no joke.
Even though I have pale skin with strong yellow undertones, it was a hassle for me to find a matching shade. The color selection is either too pale and pink or too orange and tan (my closest match was bronze beige). If you don't blend and fade this out on the perimeters of your face it will set weird like a mask so you need to blend and work this a lot before it dries.
If you have dry skin or dry patches DO NOT BUY THIS FOUNDATION.
I will edit this review in case more thoughts about this product come to mind during the week.

Video Reviews & Tutorials