Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.0

on 8/23/2017 5:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

pros:
- good color match - porcelain may even be a bit too light. nice to have a CF option at the drugstore for foundation
- med coverage
- cap is very secure thanks to grooves along opening, sturdy packaging

cons:
- tacky finish, never dries down - powdering this to mattify never works and only serves to make the foundation look incredibly cakey
- offensive odor that doesn't linger, but isn't pleasant to apply
- definitely has flashback
- buildable
- applicator is strange and unwieldy
- cap gets dirty and gunky with product with each use
- seems to be the cause of some recent breakouts ??

overall an okay foundation, but not great for me personally as a daily driver as i do like matte foundations with buildable coverage and this looks incredibly heavy when i powder it to my liking. i like the color and will finish my bottle but would prefer not to have such a dewy finish. worth a shot for $6 tho so if you’re interested, give it a try~

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

(FOR REFERENCE I HAVE COMBINATION/OILY SKIN)
With this product all I can say is: Less is definitely more.
Following what I read here, I dabbed teeny tiny amounts of this with the spatula all over my face and proceeded to blend with a damp sponge in a downward motion. The coverage was pretty impressive and natural looking in my opinion. I even applied this underneath my eyes as a concealer, and didn't set it with a powder. Even though it had a tacky feeling I trusted the foundation and it did not budge throughout the day (I even went to the beach wearing this and it stayed put).
I feel like if you apply more than one layer of this, it will look very cakey and weird. The consistency is light and watery but it sets down to a powder satin finish.
Now for the many cons: The smell is just like house paint, no exaggeration and no joke.
Even though I have pale skin with strong yellow undertones, it was a hassle for me to find a matching shade. The color selection is either too pale and pink or too orange and tan (my closest match was bronze beige). If you don't blend and fade this out on the perimeters of your face it will set weird like a mask so you need to blend and work this a lot before it dries.
If you have dry skin or dry patches DO NOT BUY THIS FOUNDATION.
I will edit this review in case more thoughts about this product come to mind during the week.