wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Curly
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.4

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is approaching holy grail territory for me.. first off, I walk to work and I live in Canada. So I need a foundation that can take a freaking beating from the elements. I also need something that can wear all work day, put up with my combo skin, has decent coverage and preferably not have to blot... So a bit of a tall order I guess.

This foundation has met all of my expectations. The only downsides I have found are that it doesn't have amazing oil control, nor does it claim to- it's decent but after 8 or so hours it can start getting shiny. I think a good mattifying powder will fix this. The other problem I have I think could also be fixed with a better powder- it hates my glasses. If I touch my face it feels matte/maybe satin but my glasses tend to slide down and ruin that bit of foundation. I'm going to mix up my primer and powder and I think that will fix it.

Still this is the only foundation I've ever been this please with and the price is so affordable. It's a beautiful finish, satin like, soft, a good medium coverage, good wear and lightweight.

I think super oily girls may get annoyed with this one. I also think it may cling to very dry skin- I wouldn't call it drying but it's not moisturizing either.

So in short- great price, good wear, natural looking finish, medium coverage. However, not mattifying or high oil control, may cling to dry patches, oh and it smells a bit odd but it goes away. Like a paint smell.

on 2/3/2019 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Rarely have I tried a foundation and re-bought it!! But I've re-bought this foundation countless times! I've tried many foundations, high and low end and this is one of the best. Also, I have an extremely yellow undertone and golden beige matches me perfectly.

It just looks like I have great skin or like I am barely wearing anything when I wear this. Its never cakes or gets greasy and most importantly it doesn't irritate my skin!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got the Espresso version and it’s way too light for my taste compared to my Fenty Beauty foundation which is more reddish brown. This foundation is yellow. I don’t mind yellow but peach will probably be better. I am not one of those melanin chicks who look casket ready.

on 8/23/2018 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

OK, so I've used this four times--wanted to give it a fair try. I got Rose Ivory, I'm fair, neutral leaning cool.

PROS
Good coverage but not too heavy
Nice finish (though too matte for me)
Good wear time
Inexpensive, readily available

CONS
Awful smell, and I don't have a great sense of smell. Though it does dissipate quickly.
Way too flat/matte for my dry skin
Emphasizes deeper wrinkles

I did try applying with a brush, fingers, damp sponge; no real difference. The last time I mixed some oil with it, but other than thinning it (perhaps reducing coverage?), it didn't make a difference or create a dewier finish. Though it also didn't oxidize or break down from adding the oil. Too late to return, going into the declutter box. Not bad, probably great for oilier skin or those who like a matte finish, just not for me.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Wow! I had been looking for a more full coverage, affordable, semi-matte foundation to work with my dry skin and this is a shockingly good answer to my problem. Aside from the packaging (spatula applicator) and the smell of it (which dissipates once it sets), this foundation has worked for my skin better than a lot of higher end foundations for sure. I apply it in dots around my face and blend out with a damp RT sponge. The finish is smooth and semi or demi matte. Once it sets, on me, it is transfer proof but sooo much more comfortable and less drying than my previous HG's. I do set it with a light dusting of powder. For being such a thin liquid foundation, this baby packs the coverage for sure. I highly recommend this! It is nuts how cheap this stuff is. Woot!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Finding a foundation that matches my skintone is a hard battle, and finding a cheap one that matches is even more amazing. I didn't actually like this when I grabbed it, I remember cursing the YT beauty gurus for conning me again. But after UD discontinued my primer and I had to switch, I decided to give this another try. I recommend a silicone based or heavier primer to get the best application. I did notice seperating near my nose when I didn't prime enough.

Pros: Non-oxidizing, palest shade is both the right shade for me and no yellow undertones, insanely affordable, coverage can be built up somewhat, doesn't settle into lines, long lasting, not tacky, has a nice glowy finish without being shiny.

Cons: Small shade range, the spatula applicator can be annoying/messy, needs the right primer to get a flawless application, might not be the best for oily skin and definitely slides around on my nose.

on 12/7/2017 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Price was great, shade range is really nice. No matter what primer or powder I use with this foundation it rubs off, creases, transfers and generally looks gross. I do find this oxidizes on me, and the “neutral” shades are just straight up pink. Texture is great, feels weightless on the skin with a nice natural high medium coverage.

on 11/22/2017 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like this foundation (bronze beige is my shade) and prefer to apply with a sponge although a brush works okay too. I like to use a light layer of it because it can settle into my laugh lines easily. It lasts long, covers well, and I think does what it says it'll do. I don't put the applicator directly on my face (idk if that's what it's for or not) but I also don't do that with any other foundations. I think it performs well for the price point. I think the foundation range REALLY SUCKS and I took points off for that (so I guess there's 20 shades available but they only had 6 of the lightest shades on display at the CVS I went to. In fact, mine was the third darkest). It matches me well, but it's really limited for others so minus points. I'd definitely repurchase though. Another thing, it has a strong chemical scent which can be annoying but it does go away.
UPDATE- I'm actually looking for other foundations because I really hate the smell. I think on a budget, this is really good. If I really didn't want to spend much on foundation, I would go back to this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The Wet n Wild Photofocus foundation is a very basic foundation. I heard so much hype about this product that I had to try it out for myself and was pretty underwhelmed with my own personal results. For background info, I have oily, acne-prone skin with slight acne scarring. I'm light/medium with very warm undertones. I think this foundation is okay. It's not the best foundation I've tried, but I've also used far worse foundation. The color selection seems a bit off to me. The Soft Beige is just a touch too dark, but I can work with it. A shade lighter would have been too light. This foundation is definitely a medium coverage, but is buildable without looking cakey. Even so, I feel like on days where my skin isn't looking so great, I wouldn't wear this foundation without also using concealer. I feel like the finish is more satin than matte and found that my T-Zone ended up being extra oily by the end of the day. There's also no photo flashback, which is super nice. I'd prefer a pump over the spatula, but it's not super inconvenient. I personally wouldn't repurchase this, but it's not a bad foundation! I imagine this would look better on someone with a more even complexion and skin that's more on the dry side.

on 9/15/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

UPDATE 10/: I really really like this. It is similar to UD Naked Skin (but without zany skin care ingredients). If you need something quick from the drugstore, this is a great buy! It's the price of getting a coffee...not much to complain about for that! When I first tried this it didn't impress me, and I suspected it was a shade issue. Sure enough, when I found Bronze Beige it made a complete difference. Unfortunately, on my skin this "oxidizes" the opposite way...it doesn't get darker, it gets lighter (is that oxidation?) By the end of the day I looked ridiculously pale. Part of it was that this seemed to disappear, and all that was left was my paste-like Anthelios SPF 50 primer. (A side note - if you want an SPF that stays put, Anthelios SPF 50 Primer is your dream come true.)

ORIGINAL 8/17: I like it...for a very, VERY, basic foundation. It has good coverage, and a nice finish. It reminds me of the discontinued Estee Lauder Lucidity, only it's more matte. It also reminds me of the discontinued Clinique Stay True, only it's less matte. It's also very similar to a foundation made by Arbonne, and Maybelline Fit Me foundation...and many BB creams. To me it smells like a "vintage" formula...or something like that...because the smell of it transports me somewhere in time. I guess, for me, there are so many foundations these days that have additional advantages, like "blurring", skin care ingredients, pore-minimizing, etc., this doesn't seem outstanding to me, although it sure is cheap. I think it looks like makeup, but I think that's not something anyone cares about anymore. Trying to remember what it is this smells like is going to drive me nuts. It smells SO familiar...it kind of smells like oil paints...If this came a pump it would be much easier to use.