wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Curly
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.3

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Wow! I had been looking for a more full coverage, affordable, semi-matte foundation to work with my dry skin and this is a shockingly good answer to my problem. Aside from the packaging (spatula applicator) and the smell of it (which dissipates once it sets), this foundation has worked for my skin better than a lot of higher end foundations for sure. I apply it in dots around my face and blend out with a damp RT sponge. The finish is smooth and semi or demi matte. Once it sets, on me, it is transfer proof but sooo much more comfortable and less drying than my previous HG's. I do set it with a light dusting of powder. For being such a thin liquid foundation, this baby packs the coverage for sure. I highly recommend this! It is nuts how cheap this stuff is. Woot!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Finding a foundation that matches my skintone is a hard battle, and finding a cheap one that matches is even more amazing. I didn't actually like this when I grabbed it, I remember cursing the YT beauty gurus for conning me again. But after UD discontinued my primer and I had to switch, I decided to give this another try. I recommend a silicone based or heavier primer to get the best application. I did notice seperating near my nose when I didn't prime enough.

Pros: Non-oxidizing, palest shade is both the right shade for me and no yellow undertones, insanely affordable, coverage can be built up somewhat, doesn't settle into lines, long lasting, not tacky, has a nice glowy finish without being shiny.

Cons: Small shade range, the spatula applicator can be annoying/messy, needs the right primer to get a flawless application, might not be the best for oily skin and definitely slides around on my nose.

on 12/7/2017 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Price was great, shade range is really nice. No matter what primer or powder I use with this foundation it rubs off, creases, transfers and generally looks gross. I do find this oxidizes on me, and the “neutral” shades are just straight up pink. Texture is great, feels weightless on the skin with a nice natural high medium coverage.

on 11/22/2017 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like this foundation (bronze beige is my shade) and prefer to apply with a sponge although a brush works okay too. I like to use a light layer of it because it can settle into my laugh lines easily. It lasts long, covers well, and I think does what it says it'll do. I don't put the applicator directly on my face (idk if that's what it's for or not) but I also don't do that with any other foundations. I think it performs well for the price point. I think the foundation range REALLY SUCKS and I took points off for that (so I guess there's 20 shades available but they only had 6 of the lightest shades on display at the CVS I went to. In fact, mine was the third darkest). It matches me well, but it's really limited for others so minus points. I'd definitely repurchase though. Another thing, it has a strong chemical scent which can be annoying but it does go away.
UPDATE- I'm actually looking for other foundations because I really hate the smell. I think on a budget, this is really good. If I really didn't want to spend much on foundation, I would go back to this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The Wet n Wild Photofocus foundation is a very basic foundation. I heard so much hype about this product that I had to try it out for myself and was pretty underwhelmed with my own personal results. For background info, I have oily, acne-prone skin with slight acne scarring. I'm light/medium with very warm undertones. I think this foundation is okay. It's not the best foundation I've tried, but I've also used far worse foundation. The color selection seems a bit off to me. The Soft Beige is just a touch too dark, but I can work with it. A shade lighter would have been too light. This foundation is definitely a medium coverage, but is buildable without looking cakey. Even so, I feel like on days where my skin isn't looking so great, I wouldn't wear this foundation without also using concealer. I feel like the finish is more satin than matte and found that my T-Zone ended up being extra oily by the end of the day. There's also no photo flashback, which is super nice. I'd prefer a pump over the spatula, but it's not super inconvenient. I personally wouldn't repurchase this, but it's not a bad foundation! I imagine this would look better on someone with a more even complexion and skin that's more on the dry side.

on 9/15/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

UPDATE 10/: I really really like this. It is similar to UD Naked Skin (but without zany skin care ingredients). If you need something quick from the drugstore, this is a great buy! It's the price of getting a coffee...not much to complain about for that! When I first tried this it didn't impress me, and I suspected it was a shade issue. Sure enough, when I found Bronze Beige it made a complete difference. Unfortunately, on my skin this "oxidizes" the opposite way...it doesn't get darker, it gets lighter (is that oxidation?) By the end of the day I looked ridiculously pale. Part of it was that this seemed to disappear, and all that was left was my paste-like Anthelios SPF 50 primer. (A side note - if you want an SPF that stays put, Anthelios SPF 50 Primer is your dream come true.)

ORIGINAL 8/17: I like it...for a very, VERY, basic foundation. It has good coverage, and a nice finish. It reminds me of the discontinued Estee Lauder Lucidity, only it's more matte. It also reminds me of the discontinued Clinique Stay True, only it's less matte. It's also very similar to a foundation made by Arbonne, and Maybelline Fit Me foundation...and many BB creams. To me it smells like a "vintage" formula...or something like that...because the smell of it transports me somewhere in time. I guess, for me, there are so many foundations these days that have additional advantages, like "blurring", skin care ingredients, pore-minimizing, etc., this doesn't seem outstanding to me, although it sure is cheap. I think it looks like makeup, but I think that's not something anyone cares about anymore. Trying to remember what it is this smells like is going to drive me nuts. It smells SO familiar...it kind of smells like oil paints...If this came a pump it would be much easier to use.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I had trouble finding a foundation; I either found something too dark or for whatever reason, it just didn't work for me.

But I think I finally found the right foundation, although I was a bit skeptical of it at first due to the price. I have this in the shade "Soft Ivory" (light-warm undertone) and I love it so much. So I'll just break down the pros and cons of it.

The only issues with it are that it smells a little bit like paint (but it goes away after you blend it, although the smell doesn't bother me personally), and it can emphasize skin texture a little bit.

However, the things I like about this foundation are that it has never oxidized on me, it blends out perfectly (I use a sponge to apply it), it's under 10 dollars, I like the formula, I love the coverage, and I have to admit the spatula applicator has grown on me.
I also like the fact that this has 20 shades ranging from Porcelain to Mahogany along with specific undertones for each shade. I have yet to test it out with flash photography, though.

All in all, I love this foundation and I plan on getting it again when I run out of this. <3

on 6/19/2017 3:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This foundation has a great color range, especially for such an affordable brand. I love the little applicator wand and the simple glass packaging. The shades also come with undertone descriptions on the bottle, which is handy and makes choosing your shade a lot easier.

Performance-wise, it works really well for me. It does sink into my pores and accentuate them, so I have to make sure to use a pore filling primer on certain areas before application. It's definitely not a natural foundation, it is obvious I am wearing foundation when I apply this. That being said, it looks beautiful after proper prep and it provides a really nice medium/full, buildable coverage. It wears well for several hours (as long as I set it). The longest I've worn it is maybe 5 hours in very warm weather and it held up really well, even in my T zone. I am very acne prone and I don't feel that this foundation breaks me out, which is a HUGE bonus.

However it smells horrible, like literal paint. I mean, I'm sure the majority of foundations smell this way before added scents and masking agents. But actually smelling it as I apply it to my face gives me anxiety by confronting me with the reality of how horrible for your skin foundation actually is. Due to this, I never reach for it anymore. It's not always the case that more affordable foundations have worse ingredients, but when it comes to this foundation, I do think that my skin has been sensitive to it. I have experienced a bit of stinging after application, but it could've been something else as I only experienced this once or twice. But all of these factors combined just kind of make me reluctant to retry it past the initial tests.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This foundations has an array of problems, which makes me pretty sad because it's one of my best matches.

- Smells AWFUL. I felt like I was putting paint all over my face. The smell took forever to go away too.
- After only a few hours of wear, without anything like sweating, it was breaking up on my face and there were spots where you can tell it was just gone.
- Felt tacky all day like it never dried but at the same time dried me out like crazy. It also sits on top of the skin, never really blending in.
- Emphasized the texture of my face as well as dry patches even after moisturizing and exfoiliating. I have pretty small pores but this foundation wanted to make it noticeable.
- BROKE ME OUT SO BAD!!! I don't have sensitive skin and I've never been prone to acne, but only after one use of this product, I had at least 5 pimples the next day.

On top of all of this, I like the packaging minus the paddle inside the bottle. It just adds an extra step and I'd rather not use the paddle straight on my face for risk of bacteria transfer/cleanliness. A pump would have been better for this product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great coverage for my skin, but the lasting power is not there. I get a few hours at the most. A good thing is that it doesn't break me out, it's super cheap, and it doesn't oxidize on my skin. I prefer to use my fingers and apply to my cheeks where I have redness. Not bad but there are definitely better options. However if you have oily skin, this will not feel cakey.