wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/7/2018 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wanted to try this foundation because I'd heard about it and Wet n Wild products have improved tremendously over the years. Overall, I like this foundation but I don't love it.

I'm a NW 15-20 in MAC and I found many fair foundations for me are warm (too yellow toned and me make look ill.). I bought Shell Ivory which is labelled as "Pale Neutral Toned" (the shade before it is warm toned.) It is an excellent match. PLEASE COMPANIES PUT THE UNDERTONES ON THE LABEL! It is very helpful to know if the foundation is warm, cool or neutral toned. Kudos to Wet n Wild for realizing that undertones matter.

I usually wear a foundation with a high spf (I have enough age spots aka sun damage and don't want more) but I knew it I doesn't have any (so it doesn't get flashback.)

I tried it with both brush and sponge/beauty blender application after applying a silicon based primer and NXY color corrector. I prefer a pump but I didn't mind the spatula (better than no application). It does have a strong paint smell. For me, it blended well and the texture was lovely. The coverage was medium but buildable (I added extra to my "problem" areas. I prefer full coverage due to very uneven skin tone.) It took a bit longer to dry than I prefer. The wear was about 6 hours (I prefer longer) but it did not look patchy. I do not irritate my sensitive combination skin.

To Summarize:

Pros (for me)
- Label clearly states the undertone, making it easier to match (Shell Ivory was an excellent match for my pale, cool toned skin).
- Blends well over with brush or beauty blender
- Texture is very good
- Does not irritate my sensitive /combination skin
- Very reasonable price

Cons: (for me)
- Coverage only medium (but buildable)
- Slower to dry (with brush or sponge)
- Not the longest wearing
- Strong paint smell (stronger than Revlon Colorstay)
- No SPF

I'm neutral about the spatula applicator.

For me, it is a good, not great foundation. I will use it as alternate for my primary foundation (Revlon Colorstay) for when I'm going to not be outside and I know I'm going to have my picture taken.