Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.2

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

First thing the packaging. UGH I hate dump bottles and I took that stupid spatula thing out. The actual formula, however is amazing except the smell, but that goes away after a little while. Its a very liquidity formula, very thin. It is a buildable foundation as its so thin. it covers fairly decently and I love the range of shades and undertones I was able to find one with a neutral undertone instead of yellow which is very typical of drugstore foundation. I will buy another when I finish this bottle, but I want to see if I can find a pump next time. If you haven't tried it yet I recommend it highly.

on 12/7/2017 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

It’s excellent for the price. Not too matte, not too dewy, and wears decently. Doesn’t feel thick or cakey on the skin, and coverage can be built up easily. The color selection is also good. I’ve been reaching for it a lot over my TF Born This Way.

My only complaint, and why I won’t give it 5 stars, is that it emphasizes skin texture like crazy. It doesn’t sink into pores but it does nothing to smooth them.

Jury is still out on this for me. I like the coverage and finish, but I bought this over the summer when I had a tan and so now the color is too dark for me (buff bisque). I just haven't had time to go out and get a lighter color. It does have a little bit of a chemical, almost gasoline like smell to it which is off-putting. Not too jazzed about the spatula but I put it on a mixing palette instead of directly on my face to avoid cross-contamination, so it's not the end of the world (best option if you're also using on a client).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've only used this for events, because it doesn't have SPF and isn't really an everyday foundation. It did look really good in photos from two weddings I was in. It doesn't look as natural in person in my opinion, but in photos it looks fairly skin-like. I was fairly high-to-medium coverage. I wore a moisturizer underneath and I still felt kind of dry at first. I think it looked best from the 2-5 hours after applying period. I will update if I try it more.

on 11/13/2017 12:32:00 AM

For ref, I'm NC37 and I got the shade Golden Beige and here`s my take:-

Pros
Cheap
smells like all ordinary foundation.. its chemical base! it doesnt lasts upon application
goes well with my stippling brush and i needed 2 scoops of spatula
photos really well as the product prides itself !! This was designed for selfies in mind. Also it does not contain SPF (part of that flawless finish will be attributed to this)

Cons
I didnt like the spatula .. not hygienic ...wished it came with a pump
it does oxidizes, looking darker and i did feel I shoulda' got Soft Bisque instead

Recommend?
If you lov selfies .. buy!.

Ignoring the fact that my country does not carry a good selection of colors and I didn't match myself perfectly, I think this foundation is pretty good. It's not the best, it's not my favorite but it's not bad at all and I don't regret purchasing. It's inexpensive, it has medium coverage, has a matte finish and it looks good. I wouldn't recommend it to dry skin though, I'd say it's more suited to normal and combination skin types. Also, the packaging is weird, I mean what is that applicator? why the glass bottle? I don't get the packaging decisions but the product itself is pretty decent. Is it the foundation that's gonna change your life? Probably not. Is it over hyped to the max? Heck yeah BUT: is it a good product considering the price? YES! It lasts 6 hours on my combination skin looking great, it blends easily, it's not patchy, it doesn't break me out.....it's nice.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I like this foundation. I do not love it, but I would probably repurchase it. It smells like latex wall paint, but I have gotten used to that. The coverage is nice, and the shade selection is amazing for drug store--and it does not oxidize on me at all, which is rare in less expensive foundations. I like applying this with a buffing brush and setting with powder. As the day wears on it goes from matte to satin-y, which I am fine with, but if you have oily skin you'd probably want to use a mattifying primer with this. The glass bottle the product comes in is nice and heavy, and it looks pretty fancy for such an inexpensive product, but I think Wet n Wild really messed up by not putting this in a pump bottle. The product is too runny for the little spatula thingie to be very effective and a pump would've been so much more sanitary and thoughtful.

on 9/25/2017 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I had such high hopes for this foundation after seeing everyone on youtube rave about it.

Unfortunately, it didn't work as well for me as for other people.

I have dry skin with a slightly oily T-zone. This foundation makes my dry areas look drier and my oily parts look oilier.

The coverage is fine for what I like, which is low to medium.

The smell is horrible, and the texture feels very liquid, almost oily.

The spatula on it sucks, but for the price, I can't complain.

Overall, would not purchase again. Very disappointed.

on 9/21/2017 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

So I have been looking for a new HG foundation for awhile now. I decided to give this ago after seeing Casey Holmes YT video. I initially bought soft beige. I really like the coverage it is versatile coverage from light to full coverage. It does not look cakey, shade ranges. I did find soft beige to oxidize a lot on me and was too dark of a shade to begin with. So I bought soft ivory which seems to be my correct shade and does not oxidize. I really like this foundation, I would prefer a pump to a spatula, but for the price I can't complain. This foundation looks good, last a good 8 hours. I would recommend to use a primer for longevity. This is a foundation that I will continue to use and will repurchase. This is a really good drugstore foundation.

on 9/1/2017 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin, thus:

Pros:
*medium to medium- high coverage.
*looks like skin (seriously the finish is gorgeous)
*can be layered
*long wearing
*easy to apply with fingers/brush/sponge.
*fragrance free
*nice shade range with natural tones
*affordable and accessible

Cons:
* smells like house paint
*I can feel it on my skin through the the day
*doesn't control oil
* I had more BREAKOUTS/clogged pores when I was using it. (If this was the foundation's fault or caused by the amount of Nyx Matte Loose powder I had to use to keep myself matte and smooth looking throughout the day I'm not sure. That said Im still using that powder and Im breaking out a lot less since I stopped using it. YMMV)

This is a decent foundation, its just not for my skin type in this weather (the hot, humid weather of my city exacerbates the issue). It would be better for people with normal and combination skin not prone to acne.

The deal breaker for me is the fact that I can feel it on my skin. I hate that. Also, I'm worried that it seems to be causing clogged pores and breakouts.

So far my favorite Drugstore foundation is Loreal Pro matte because its weightless (can't feel it), I can layer it to get high coverage and it has a radiant, velvet matte finish that stays that way for most of the day. I prefer it even though the Finish of WNW Photo Focus is so much more skin like and I have to use a brush with Pro Matte or it looks like crap.

I won't repurchase or use ever again, and I took two lippies off because it breaks me out, I can FEEL IT on my skin all day (itchy and annoying), and it smells like house paint.