Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.4

on 12/10/2017 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Freshly applied looks great and feels very light. There's an oily that dries matte quality that reminds me of Bourjois' foundations, BUT...

For my very, very, very dry skin, it just doesn't work. The colours porcelain and soft ivory match my skin perfectly (depending on how pale I am) but the foundation seems to accentuate the dryness of my skin. I use heavy duty moisturisers, I exfoliate, prep, etc. But the foundation dries like crazy and makes my skin look and feel way worse. Just like some foundations make people break out, this foundation dries my skin to another level.

I wanted to love it so much as everybody raves about it, and it t actually photographs beautify, but seriously, it's not for dry or very dry skin :(

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I was very surprised at how much I liked this foundation, which is now a holy grail for me. First, the price: $4.68 at walmart. Got it in the shade Peach Natural, which I was also skeptical of, but the bottle recommended this color for light-medium, cool toned skin, and it works well. In the winter I mix it with a little bit of rose ivory. My skin is normally NW20-25, leaning a bit more toward NW25.

I have rosacea, so I need coverage, but I really don't like foundation, normally. I would consider this to be a medium coverage, and it feels very light on the skin. Very blendable. I apply with my fingers, using a Qtip to get the product off of the spatula so that I don't contaminate the product. If I could change only one thing, it would be to add a pump. It evens out my skin tone nicely, and lasts about 7-8 hours. It doesn't completely cover my rosacea, but it definitely makes me believe that I can go out in public again! The feel is quite velvety, and I don't find that it settles into lines or wrinkles, but that may have something to do with my makeup routine, since I can see that others have had that issue. I apply a thin layer of moisturizer, followed by Kiss My Face sunscreen, followed by Monistat Chafing Gel as a primer before using the Photofocus.

I have to say that I am really pleased with this--it is the best foundation I've ever tried, and that says a lot for a 59 year old grandmother who has tried everything, high to low end. My skin is combo, for reference. The paint smell is weird, but it dissipates quickly. Sold!

I only publish reviews of products that I truly believe in, and I use most of my reviewed products every day, long term. I am an ordinary woman trying to find what works without breaking the bank!

on 11/22/2017 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had to write a review on this because I pulled it out of my drawer and used it today for the first time in weeks. This is a solid product. It makes my skin look beautiful! Lasts all day too! I put this above many of my high-end foundations. I have the color buff-beige and it's a perfect match for my winter complexion. Not a fan of any other wet n wild products, but this one blows me away! I prefer high coverage foundations but they are usually matte, this one is very dewy, really it makes my skin glow. Contouring with the benefit cheek parade palette looks really beautiful on top of this foundation. Packaging is slightly odd but I take no points off for that because of how happy I was every time I looked in the mirror today 😏

on 11/19/2017 3:50:00 PM

I do have to say I'm so sad this didn't work out on me!! My roommate bought it and said she loved it(although she has beautiful porcelain skin) and I can't pass up a good wet n wild product so I gave it a try. The shade matched up pretty well and covered my imperfections and problem skin well enough for me to be satisfied. I really enjoyed the wear honestly. The smell of this threw me off for sure, very prominent weird smell for a foundation with no spf. This stuff broke my skin out so bad unfortunately so I can't use it again. For someone with healthy balanced skin or a first time foundation for someone just getting into make up, this might be awesome for you though!

on 11/18/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is not for dry skin - I will tell you right off the bat. If you have dry skin, you will need to put on a good moisturizer underneath for it to glide on more easily. The coverage is buildable light-medium and the finish is matte. I dont have to set it with a finishing powder as it is already matte on its own but you could if you want to. It stays on very long and the shade selection is great. Price point is also very low. I would enjoy it more if only it wasnt too cakey on me.

on 11/6/2017 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For starters, this foundation is much too heavy and textured if applied with your fingers. A very light application with a damp sponge makes a lot of difference. The range of shades is good. First, I bought Porcelain but it was too light for my NC15 skin tone. The Soft ivory was just right and barely oxidizes. The coverage for redness is good but I do not like how the product accents texture. The price of $7.50 is a good buy. I certainly will have no problem using the product up but probably will continue my search for the best foundation for me.

on 11/6/2017 10:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this foundation after hearing alot of hype about how wonderful it is - it's not wonderful at all (on my skin) looked gross.
It was extremly cheap...it looked and felt extremly cheap on the face.
No coverage. Horrible consistancy..I actually threw this in the bin after that first application ..just pointless wasting time with it. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for!

on 10/25/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First thing first- this foundation is way over-hyped!

I think that all the mixed reviews are due to the fact that this foundation more suitable for oily skin type. If you’re a normal - dry skin u need to prep your skin very well, otherwise, you’ll end up looking like a cakey mess! It’s also cling to dry patches, not to mention the offensive smell.

That being said, it •can• look beautifully,
second-skin like, thanks to the natural finish-
not overly Matt, definitely not dewy.
But u have to work quickly Because it dries in a split second!
All & all, its such a hustle to make it work, Its not even worth the affordable price tag.
*Update: I tried several different primers/moisturizer/ application technique... the end result remains the same: cake face & emphasize texture! (I don’t have any skin-issues)
And I've never experienced anything like this with others foundations to that extent (I own more than 30) Save your money!!!

on 9/27/2017 12:33:00 PM

For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone. My skin is combination but very oily on my t-zone. My shade is Golden Beige.

This is a much raved about and hyped up foundation on YouTube and I can definitely see why people (especially oily people) would love it. The line offers great color range and for amazingly affordable price you get a very decent medium (can be built up to high) foundation with zero flashback in photos. The shade a Golden Beige matched me really well so I'm really happy about that - usually foundations look either too orange or pink or ashy on me. It does smell faintly like paint but it dissipates within a few minutes so it never bothers me. Not a big fan of the applicator though - I wish that it came in a pump.

I find that this foundation looks better on me when I apply it with a buffing brush instead of a beauty blender. It dries down semi matte, wears comfortably on the skin and provides decent coverage.

Unfortunate,y I'm only giving 3 stars because it is breaking me out a bit - I have tried it 4-5 times and I don't think I'll use it again until later, and maybe even then I'll space out my usage.

For the price it is a great foundation - if you don't break out from it.

on 9/25/2017 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i have tried many foundations from high end to very low end and this is the first one that i dont have ANY complaints about.

i wear this foundation in shell ivory and it blends seamlessly. i have never found a foundation shade that matches me so well. i like that i can use a little bit and get a light natural coverage or i can build it up to a more complete coverage. it stays in place all day on my dry/oily skin.

i like the sturdy glass bottle it comes in and i do like the spatula applicator but i feel that is not always the most sanitary way to apply it.

i love that i can pick it up at my local drugstore. i highly recommend trying it out if you're on the fence.