wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 5/23/2018 2:14:00 PM

bleh.
i was really excited about this one, hearing lots of people rave about how great and affordable it is, but it just isn't for me. this foundation slides around my face, refuses to blend of buff into the skin, and clings to every single dry patch and bit of texture that i have. my forhead legitemately looks like sandpaper when i apply this. it does have a paint smell, which does not bother me personally, but the blending and texture issues definitely do.
i admit that the failure of this foundation is partially the fault of my skin, it's pretty rough and patchy. if you have smoother and less dry skin, i think it's worth a try, since it's only 6 dollars and does have some good reviews.

I‘m around an NC20, maybe a tad bit lighter and in the departement store „Soft Beige“ looked like a perfect match. However, it‘s way too dark..or maybe not even dark, but just very orange?! I‘m not sure, but the tone and undertone looked very off :/
The foundation itself is medium coverage I‘d say. It blends fairly well and the bottle is nice and hefty as well, which imo is always a plus.
But that‘s really all good I can say about this foundation, as it looked quite cakey and did not hold up well on my oily skin. Who thought it would be a good idea to draw a comparison between this foundation and ELDW?! They‘re not comparable - like at all. This one doesn‘t last any longer than your typical drugstore foundation, isn‘t exceptionally smudge or budge proof and doesn’t give you high coverage for that matter.

- oxidizes
- looks cakey
- the smell is terrible
- starts breaking up after ~4-5hrs
- transfers quite easily (and leaves you looking patchy)

Yeah, I wasn‘t a fan. I gave it to my sister who has more normal/combo skin, she doesn‘t like it that much either but it worked better for her than it was working for me.

on 4/5/2018 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have never bought an inexpensive foundation, but based on a recommendation I bought the Wet n Wild Photo Focus foundation.
It's terrific!
It's a 1 oz. size in a glass bottle with a spatula to transfer to your finger or put it directly on your face. I would have preferred a pump, but it's not that important.
The foundation goes on smoothly, blends well and most of all it covers all pores! The only negative is that you have to be fast when blending it or it will dry. I've used Estee and Lancôme and never had such a good experience.
It's not matte or dewy, it's extremely natural. Not cakey, not too heavy, nor too light. It's like your own skin, but better!
The lasting power is fabulous, I didn't have to re-touch it. It didn't settle into any lines and there was no oxidation whatsoever.
I'm fair, combo oily skin...this wasn't too drying or too "slick".
My skin is highly sensitive, but I had no reaction and it's fragrance free.
I bought the nude ivory, 363C. It's very hard to tell from photos, or from the bottle itself. I would have preferred a slightly pinker tone, but I'll definitely be using this every day.
I highly recommend this!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This is such a weird foundation because it seems like it either works beautifully or ends up being a complete disaster. Sadly, I'm in the latter camp. This stuff picks up on every single dry spot and every single pore and just looks unpleasantly cakey on my face. The wide shade range is commendable, and it is less than $5, but that's about it. It does look like the type of formula that is better suited for oily skin, however.

on 1/22/2018 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product looked really great upon initial application. The color was a perfect match and gave a natural finish with medium coverage which I loved. However a couple hours into the wear, it began to feel heavy on the skin and made me look oilier than normal for someone with combination/oily skin. I also came to find out that it was causing me to breakout, which may have been the glycerin ingredient in it as MAC Fix + also broke me out. Everyone is right regarding the smell, it smells like paint but I found that it faded and I couldn't smell it throughout the day. If this foundation didn't make my skin react the way it did, I would actually like it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Picked this up at the grocery store. It is quite simple to pick your shade...they are separated by warm, cool, and neutral, and darkness level. I picked medium warm, the shade is called Golden Beige, and it is by far the best shade match for me that I've ever found. I have tried many mid range foundations, all the popular ones. In MAC products I use NC30, but I find it to be a hair dark, while NC25 is too light.

I don't like the spatula packaging and it smells bad, but it's not the only foundation that has these qualities, and for the price I can overlook these.

The advertising doesn't mention what the finish is or what skin type it's ideal for. I have normal-combo skin and prefer a matte finish as they tend to be longer lasting. This foundation is very matte and would not work for dry skin, it made my skin feel dry even in my oily areas. But it lasts long, I tend to rest my face in my hand throughout the day and it still looked intact by 5pm (I applied it at 7am). I find the finish very unnatural looking, especially the closer up you get.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Dry like hell! WORST foundation ever! My face was so stiff I could not move it! Wish I never bought it!

on 12/21/2017 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is not bad foundation at all. I was not expecting to like it and actually it surprised me and I have used half the bottle already. This is supposed to prevent photo flashback but I have never experienced that anyway so that selling point is meaningless to me. I bought it because it was much cheaper than my current foundation and who doesn't like to save a few dollars? I had trouble choosing a shade as the color shade range is simply not quite suited for my type and I picked up Fair-Pale-Neutral 361C Shell Ivory which is slightly light for me but the next shade was much too dark. I use a slightly darker setting powder so it works out when I am finished. The light shades were either too pink or too yellow and none really fit my coloration. This one comes the closest and I will be able to use this while it is winter but come spring and summer when my skin tans, this definitely won't work for me. This is packaged in a glass bottle with the weirdest stick/paddle applicator. It's like applying foundation with a shovel. I really dislike the applicator. It shouldn't matter as I always use a sponge or brush to blend it in, but it does. I want something soft touching my skin, not this hard plastic shovel. Ugh. I try to dot it on and then go in with either my makeup sponge or foundation brush to blend it in. I get a nice even skintone with this and is blends well and has medium coverage. It has not caused any irritation but I do get occasional breakouts from this by the end of the day. Not every time I wear it though, so it could be other factors causing the breakouts rather than the foundation. It looks fine starting out and is still okay in 8-9 hours, but by the end of 14 hours, it settles in fine lines and creases and does get a little patchy right around my nose but being a glasses wearer, that happens with most foundations by the end of the day anyway. I will use this up but I won't buy it again. It was good, it just didn't unseat my favorite. I think if it had a different type of application, I'd be much more pleased with it. I can always mix two shades together and custom blend my own and often have to do that with most brands so color wasn't the biggest complaint. I picked it because it was inexpensive and I wanted to try it, but it just doesn't live up to my favorite L'Oreal Infallible foundation and I will finish it up, but I won't repurchase.

on 12/10/2017 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Freshly applied looks great and feels very light. There's an oily that dries matte quality that reminds me of Bourjois' foundations, BUT...

For my very, very, very dry skin, it just doesn't work. The colours porcelain and soft ivory match my skin perfectly (depending on how pale I am) but the foundation seems to accentuate the dryness of my skin. I use heavy duty moisturisers, I exfoliate, prep, etc. But the foundation dries like crazy and makes my skin look and feel way worse. Just like some foundations make people break out, this foundation dries my skin to another level.

I wanted to love it so much as everybody raves about it, and it t actually photographs beautify, but seriously, it's not for dry or very dry skin :(

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I was very surprised at how much I liked this foundation, which is now a holy grail for me. First, the price: $4.68 at walmart. Got it in the shade Peach Natural, which I was also skeptical of, but the bottle recommended this color for light-medium, cool toned skin, and it works well. In the winter I mix it with a little bit of rose ivory. My skin is normally NW20-25, leaning a bit more toward NW25.

I have rosacea, so I need coverage, but I really don't like foundation, normally. I would consider this to be a medium coverage, and it feels very light on the skin. Very blendable. I apply with my fingers, using a Qtip to get the product off of the spatula so that I don't contaminate the product. If I could change only one thing, it would be to add a pump. It evens out my skin tone nicely, and lasts about 7-8 hours. It doesn't completely cover my rosacea, but it definitely makes me believe that I can go out in public again! The feel is quite velvety, and I don't find that it settles into lines or wrinkles, but that may have something to do with my makeup routine, since I can see that others have had that issue. I apply a thin layer of moisturizer, followed by Kiss My Face sunscreen, followed by Monistat Chafing Gel as a primer before using the Photofocus.

I have to say that I am really pleased with this--it is the best foundation I've ever tried, and that says a lot for a 59 year old grandmother who has tried everything, high to low end. My skin is combo, for reference. The paint smell is weird, but it dissipates quickly. Sold!

I only publish reviews of products that I truly believe in, and I use most of my reviewed products every day, long term. I am an ordinary woman trying to find what works without breaking the bank!