Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.4

on 10/19/2017 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Idk if it's just me but, im having a prob with this foundation when it comes to layering it with concealer. This doesn't go well with a cream pot type concealer. My skin type is normal with some dry patches and few dark spots, blemishes to cover. I have mine in shade soft beige and Whenever I put a pot concealer on top of this, it doesn't seem to blend well and its taking away the coverage of both products. Tried blending it with sponge and fingers but meh still the same, i really dk what's wrong with the formula but I have no prob using it with liquid type concealers. (Imma pot over liquid concealer type of girl so that's a con for me)

Packaging wise, the glass bottle looks luxurious and doesn't feel cheap. The applicator itself reminds me of my holika holika jelly bb but I'd still prefer a foundation with a pump because it's more hygienic.

Blendability of the product's ok, it blends easily but also dries down easy so make sure to blend it right away, clings to my dry patches so I make sure to exfoliate before use. Finish is matte but not flat, if you know what i mean but still do like to set this with a little powder on top.

When it comes to coverage, probably medium buildable to medium high, I still need a concealer to cover my dark spots and blemishes but this doesn't go well with my pot concealers (tried every pot concealers I have like mac studio finish, catrice camo and missha perfect) but it's okay with liquids, like what I've said earlier.

Wear time for my normal-combi-sensi skin is upto 6-7hrs. I do notice that it emphasizes my pores after some hours if I wouldn't wear a primer underneath, doesn't oxidize so it's a plus point because that's my issue with other foundation. No breakout issues and it doesn't have spf so it is perfect for flash photography too.

on 9/27/2017 12:33:00 PM

For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone. My skin is combination but very oily on my t-zone. My shade is Golden Beige.

This is a much raved about and hyped up foundation on YouTube and I can definitely see why people (especially oily people) would love it. The line offers great color range and for amazingly affordable price you get a very decent medium (can be built up to high) foundation with zero flashback in photos. The shade a Golden Beige matched me really well so I'm really happy about that - usually foundations look either too orange or pink or ashy on me. It does smell faintly like paint but it dissipates within a few minutes so it never bothers me. Not a big fan of the applicator though - I wish that it came in a pump.

I find that this foundation looks better on me when I apply it with a buffing brush instead of a beauty blender. It dries down semi matte, wears comfortably on the skin and provides decent coverage.

Unfortunate,y I'm only giving 3 stars because it is breaking me out a bit - I have tried it 4-5 times and I don't think I'll use it again until later, and maybe even then I'll space out my usage.

For the price it is a great foundation - if you don't break out from it.

on 9/25/2017 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i have tried many foundations from high end to very low end and this is the first one that i dont have ANY complaints about.

i wear this foundation in shell ivory and it blends seamlessly. i have never found a foundation shade that matches me so well. i like that i can use a little bit and get a light natural coverage or i can build it up to a more complete coverage. it stays in place all day on my dry/oily skin.

i like the sturdy glass bottle it comes in and i do like the spatula applicator but i feel that is not always the most sanitary way to apply it.

i love that i can pick it up at my local drugstore. i highly recommend trying it out if you're on the fence.

on 9/20/2017 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I deleted my first review of this foundation which was Jan 2017 - when it was brand new. There were only about three shades available to choose from in-store, and the one I picked was ghastly too light and I hated it. It was super dry, emphasized all my dry skin - even though I'm highly combo (so both oily and dry). Now that it's been out for almost a year - I decided to try this foundation again, since I found a shade that is almost identical to my skin tone (Soft Beige). I am mostly looking for a foundation that is light/medium, doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I have tried Revlon Colorstay (too heavy for my needs), Covergirl Outlast (same thing, too heavy), Physicians Formula, Burts Bees BB (too moisturizing), Tarte, Rimmel foundations (good, but still a bit too heavy but would still use over others), and then my HG NYX Total Control (the best foundation for my skin, I've used a full bottle).

I give this four lippies because for the cheap price ($4.98 is what I paid), the amount you get, the solid nice bottle (except wish it had pump) -- it's a really good CHEAP simple/basic foundation. Also, after side to side comparison on my face applied with a buffing brush - this foundation looks identical on my skin as my $13.99 HG NYX Total Control foundation. So identical that I couldn't tell the difference between the two on my face. My NYX shade is "Natural" and is a little more yellow than WnW's "Soft Beige" which pulls yellow but a little more pink (so neutral), but once applied to my face, you can't tell at all. It must just neutralize out. But the finish on my skin is EXACT (with moisturizer). I was blown away. That's a $9 price difference for me-- and WnW is a full ounce, NYX is barely .5 an ounce for $9 more.

If I prep my skin with my daily moisturizer well before I apply this (which I do anyways) it works very well for me with combo skin. I start out dry and turn oily by 4 hours. With moisturizing properly (which takes me seconds) - this stuff can look just a little powdery on my forehead (notorious spot for me) but I spray with a matte setting spray - and after an hour or two it settles into my skin and looks very natural. I highly recommend giving this a try if you've haven't tried it, or are looking for a cheap, basic foundation to cover discoloration/melasma, light scarring - I think it's great. It also is talc free, just like NYX. I think the NYX and this foundation are pretty identical in ingredients, but the NYX is obviously much runnier in consistency but this one blended out easily. I don't wear heavy foundation, and only dot it on a few places on my face and then blend out with a RT buffing brush for light coverage - so if you are looking for that - try this out. I had no issues with oxidization, "Soft Beige" was a perfect match for me with a lighter powder on top to set. I am also very sensitive to smells, but the smell of this didn't bother me since it goes away immediately - and I'm not sensitive to paint/medicinal smells, but fragrance and this isn't heavily fragranced/floral. So the smell for me was not a problem. This also washes off very easily - I wash with a light cleanser but always use a Simple makeup wipe to help remove most of my foundation. This came off easily like NYX.

I'm really glad I decided to give this a try again 9 months later - and if I have any issues, I'll for sure update my review. This $5 foundation is a go-to for me and is replacing my empty HG $14 NYX Total Control.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This works wonderfully and beautifully -if- I moisturize and prime my skin. If I'm in a rush and don't prep my face, it looks terrible; flaky and dry. It dries out so much that it looks like my skin is starting to peel from a sunburn. I do have very dry skin anyway, but I am very shocked at how much this highlights and worsens that. So, the amount of time that I waste trying to make this look good is not worth it for me. I will have to move on to something different. I have a hunch that people with oily skin will like this a lot; but for those with very dry skin, I think you'll want to pass on this one.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

When I first used this, I applied too much product as I used the spatula to dot all over my face. It got way too cakey on my first trial and it just looked too dry and so bad on both natural and artificial lighting. But the second time I used this, I applied way less and I finally got to make it quite natural and not cakey! I have really oily skin and this oils up on me quite fast when I don't set it with a lot of powder but with baking technique it does keep the oil at bay. I don't really mind getting oily a little bit because I can always blot it with a tissue paper and the oil just melts the powder away which makes the finish much smoother or natural for me as the days go by. This doesn't really oxidize on me which is great because I just got the right shade that almost matches my skin tone which I barely did with other drugstore foundations. I personally only like sheer to medium coverage because I really have a textured skin and heavy foundations always emphasizes that so with a damp sponge, I can easily achieve a sheerer coverage with this foundation! All in all I really like this foundation, it lasted on me all day and the price is really inexpensive and it's just a plus that it is cruelty free!

on 9/14/2017 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because of YouTube-Tati, who said it was awsome: very skin-like. Well, I think I disagree: it looked heavy on me, applied with a beauty blender. I can imagine that this would be better for someone with oilier skin (mine is normal).

What I liked: it didn't break me out, and the price is pretty great! What I dislike: the powdery-leathery finish this had on me, the heavy smell (honeycomb + paint or something?) and that there was no shade match - the closest shade to my skin (Soft Beige) was still way too orange (I have NC20, very yellow-toned olive skin). I might have dealt with the colour by using a colour adjuster, but the smell of this just killed it for me - so heavy, long-lasting and cloying :/

on 9/12/2017 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The price is amazing. I like how this stays for the entire day for an oily skin girl like me. Nice matte finish. However, caution: gets slightly patchy on any dry areas. You will love this if you have oily skin.

on 8/15/2017 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

really wanted to love this foundation.. i have normal skin which is dry only on my nose to unibrow area which unfortunately is the first part of my face that gets oily later on in the day. i like how they label the packaging with its undertone, it made it easier for me to pick one out. i apply it with a sponge, it isn't the easiest to blend but i didn't mind. there was a weird smell but for me it wasn't too strong that i smelled it all the time and it does disappear when you apply it. it did cling to my dry area, but after it all set it looked gorgeous! unfortunately my awe didn't last too long.

i wore it to work (6+ hours) and when my nose became oily it was horrible, the foundation on that area disappeared! i tried it again the next day with primer underneath - same result. however, the rest of my face was still okay. i did use setting powder and spray on both occasions.

overall, i was disappointed. i loved the price (7.99CAD regular, got it for 5.99CAD) loved the labelling with undertones, shade range could be better. if only it cooperated with oiliness. but if you don't have oily skin, i say go for it! i see people finding ways to make it work for them, maybe i will do that when i have the time, but right now i don't see the need to make a foundation work if there are still a lot others to try.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

For reference; my favourite foundation is Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea, for which I wear Fair Neutral. I went for Porcelain in Photo Focus - a teensy bit too yellow toned, but it blends easily to a great match.

Photo Focus is wonderful for this time of year; My skin is dry and sensitive and the weather makes it worse, so I need something that won't feel heavy, or show up the dry patches and make my skin flake. This feels so light and silky on my skin and blending is easy (a damp beauty sponge is my preferred application method). Once blended, the results are a smooth satin finish, with build-able sheer to medium coverage. The feel and finished look of Photo Focus reminds me of my old favourite foundation; the discontinued Max Factor Xperience Weightless foundation.

I've found Photo Focus to be transfer resistant and I've worn with a primer, without one, with powder and alone; It is long lasting and gives a natural, un-cakey look any way I wear it, but I do recommend using the Wet n Wild Photo Focus setting spray for a really long wear time, as I prefer the natural look that combo gives the most. I'm really liking this and can't find any real negative points with it; the smell is a small niggle, but it fades before I can pinpoint it, so it's nowhere near as strong as reviewers & vloggers lead me to believe it would be.

Photo Focus is not my favourite foundation, but it's very close - Rainforest Of The Sea just feels more moisturizing and refreshing as it's water based. However when I'm cracking down on how much I spend and can't justify the expense of Rainforest Of The Sea [or when QVC UK runs out of my shade & take forever to restock], I'll very happily buy this again.