wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.8

Sigh... the pro: great buildable almost airbrushed coverage that seems to melt into your skin, looks great in photos, and that's about it. Cons: can you say cystic acne breakout? I wish this would have not broken me out! I loved the coverage. I have no doubt this foundation was the culprit. Another con, why doesn't this come in a pump or tube?? I hate clunky chunky jars and what's with the spatula?? Anyway, I wanted to love this, but the acne is a dealbreaker.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I bought this foundation because of all of the overwhelmingly positive reviews on YouTube.

It's very inexpensive, but still a waste of my money.

In general I would say that I have nice skin. I'm in my early forties, but have very few lines and in general am very proud of how nice my skin still looks. Until I put on this foundation. Suddenly, my skin looks terrible.

I've used fingers, brushes, beauty blender, primer, no primer.

The best thing I can say about this foundation is that I feel so good about my skin when I take it off.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. I bought it because it was cheap and I wanted to give it a try. God knows I don't need anymore makeup let alone foundation. I don't mind the smell because it has no artificial fragrance in it. If it did, I would break out into a rash. The smell is the natural chemicals in the foundation, which I'm 100 percent fine with. The formula is GREAT! I was really surprised. It's far better than EL doublewear and Revlon's colorstay. It kept me matte all day and night. For reference I wore Paula's choice primer underneath it and Colorscience spf 50 body sunscreen underneath that. It does not transfer either. It's 28 degrees here, where I live. I'm wearing a turtleneck, a hat, scarf, etc and no makeup mess on my clothes. I also wore it to a museum where the heat was cranked up and I sweated like a mother f*cker and my makeup stayed in place like nothing I've ever seen with no transfer. It gives you medium coverage right off the bat. It would be really hard to get light coverage on this. The bottle can get messy, but I don't care because the makeup is only $4.00. The color I got is SHELL IVORY. It has a beige undertone which I don't like. It did oxidize a bit on me. I wanted something a tad lighter with yellow undertone. (I bought this online on Amazon). I also bought porcelain which was ghostly on me. I also bought ROSE IVORY which is the EXACT same shade as SHELL IVORY -wtf? I will need to buy a better shade because I love this makeup. It also blends really fast - unlike EL's doublewear which takes me forever to get right.

Excellent for oily skin. Lasts on the skin for over 14 hours - shine free! For reference I use Paula’s Choice zinc oxide tinted sunscreen and Hourglass mineral veil primer. I sometimes use powder to finish the look but not always as I find that most days I don’t need it. Best part? No transfer! No transfer on my sunglasses, turtleneck sweaters, etc!!! I love this. My color is shell ivory which looks pink in the bottle but applies neutral. I also wear sand in Bobbi Brown stick foundation- for reference. Warm ivory in double wear - which I don’t wear anymore because this $4.99 foundation replaced it!!

on 10/20/2018 7:44:00 PM

Oh. My. Goodness. This drugstore foundation definitely puts some of the high-end brands a run for their money! Wet-N-Wild did not come to play when they made this product. This foundation is medium-full coverage, it is long lasting, very lightweight, and extremely easy to blend out. Personally, I found that it was easier to blend this out with a brush rather then a beauty sponge as it is a little on the runny side and the sponge soaked up most of the product. This foundations comes in very many shades, I’m sure that you will be able to find your perfect match if you want to try this for yourself. The one and ONLY thing that i did not like about this was the packaging. Im not really sure what they were trying to do with the spatula thingy but if this had a pump it would be even more amazing then it already is. This foundation is only $5 and you can not tell one bit that it is that cheap once it is on your face. When i tried this out and people asked me what foundation i was wearing they did not believe me when i told them that it was Wet-N-Wild. Please go out and try this, i guarantee you will love it just as much if not more than i do!!!!!!!!!

on 9/18/2018 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Bought this on a whim to test out - I picked up shade 366C Buff Bisque, I'm normally NC20-25-ish during the summer/spray tan months. In a nutshell, this looks GREAT in photos, smells horrible, packaging is a little bulky, and the spatula probably has a lot of bacteria lingering on it. It's cheap (like $5 or so at ULTA?) This isn't as long lasting as my go to matte formulas, but for flawless foundation in photographs I'm willing to keep it around. I'd repurchase!

on 6/29/2018 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I didn’t expect much from this foundation because I only picked up because it was on sale, and in an effort to not fly through my Fenty so fast.

Shade: Mocha
This foundation is very easy to blend. I use a flat top kabuki brush or other dense brush. I was having problems with some acne causing patchiness on my cheeks but this foundation smooths over it really nicely making it unnoticeable, even without concealer in that area. During the day I am usually running around a lot at work and I have to say this does a nice job at staying matte throughout the day. I’ve only had to blot once a day with the WNW and afterwards it looks nice and fresh.

A lot of people mention the paint smell, I can only smell it if I really put my nose in the bottle. I don’t smell it during application or after.

Hello MUA,
I'm impressed with this foundation. Being a Cosmetologist and a Nurse, among the many other roles us as women juggle in our everyday lives..this liquid foundation is not only affordable, but does the job as say Double Wear. You can build up the coverage or down. Use a lightly moist makeup blender, to make it a lighter coverage, want even more of a BB or CC feel to it, mix it with your moisturizer on the back of your clean hand.. even though it is a medium coverage foundation, their are many things you can do with this foundation to fit your needs and still love this great product! This foundation has no weird smell, goes on well and stays put without a powder. Powder, save until you actually need it to reduce shine or need a touch up! Set it with a setting spray instead. The results are amazing! Being 47 years old now, soon 48 in September..Yes, I recommend this for people of any age. I truly believe that you should always have 2 bottles of whatever foundation you are using, many makeup artists to the Stars believe that too! One that matches your skin tone and the other, a shade a little darker for Summer. Mixology 101, very simple. Also, if warm or cool tones are keeping you guessing, or are a little too much in the any product... you can't go wrong with just a Neutral tone! By the time you contour, use a highlighter or bronzer, no one will know and it's better to control how much pink or yellow tone's yourself, than say use overkill that's in the actual bottle! I've read the reviews, most of them. So, please let me address some of the problems some of you are having. I'm here to help, not to judge. If you feel like the foundation is, "sliding off your face".. it's what you might be doing before you put the foundation on that's the problem. Too much primer, moisturizer with spf, or just overload with sunscreen. ALL of these things are important, obviously. However, when you have a stay put foundation and your putting on a primer, I feel it's doing the opposite. Don't use the primer. Primer is over rated. Especially in the hot months, where you sweat and melt every which way and the humidity and dewpoint, ugh. Hot melting mess of drip and slide or slip and slide. It's ok on skipping a few preps here b4 foundation time! Honestly, skip the morning moisturizer. Yup! Your skin has enough oils going on in the Summer! Just use sunscreen! Please use sunscreen, even if a product says it has it in there. Let it absorb into the skin b4 you apply foundation. That should solve the problem!
Back to the review. It feels lightweight on your face, it doesn't cake, crep into fine lines or wrinkles. It blurs them well. We all know the claims for selling makeup, some are far fetched and to me and seems almost a scam and fraud!
Not this foundation! True to what it claims! Surprise! L. The bottle, it's cute with the "magic wand" as I call it. However, I tend to warm up the foundation on the back of my clean hand, then apply. Drugstore foundations have improved SO much over the years! MANY are BETTER than the "High End", in so many ways! Trying is believing!
I have combo skin, and the proper skincare, aides in the way your makeup results look. If you have acne prone skin, address the problem before you put anything on your skin. Switching constantly to different skincare or foundation for example, can cause havic on acne prone skin. Oil base foundations, harshly cleansing your skin, ect can be the agravater here. Speak to a good dermatologist and get different opinions on what's causing your breakouts. It might not be the foundation that is making you break out. I've been there, when I was younger. I am speaking from a place of empathy and compassion, & truth. Skincare, doesn't have to cost you a fortune either! KNOW your skin, know what your putting on your face, ingredient wise. Foundations, all basically have a few of the same ingredients! Any questions or concerns, you can contact me and I'll be more than happy to help you!
We want to be frugal and yet have the best! Nothing wrong with that! I might not have gotten into the science of this product, but other reviewers have. Please, check out those reviews as well!
I give my opinion, I try to help other reviewers without judgement and do my best to empower you & others! We're all human beings and and we are all in this "Beauty Brigade" together. Who doesn't want to look and feel beautiful, at any age?! Hope this helps! Xo 😇 ❤️😁

on 5/5/2018 12:02:00 AM

This is the only drugstore foundation I have ever bought multiple times. I had been on the hunt to find a less expensive foundation that I could wear on slow days at the office (no major meetings or staying overtime). To me, it didn’t make sense to be going through a $40 bottle of foundation every other month to sit in front of a computer for 80% of the work day. When I finally tried this foundation it worked really well on my combo (leaning toward oily) skin!

It gave me medium coverage, didn’t bring attention to my texture, wore off gracefully during the day, no weird gathering of product, and I never had any issues with oxidizing or breakouts. People have even given me compliments about my skin on days that I have worn this!

So would I say this wears AS well as my high end foundations? I would say yes on a slow day, but no on a day that I’m running around or need my makeup to last over 8 hours. And that’s the only place it lost a lippie!

on 3/14/2018 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells like paint and applies like paint. If you think that's good, think of a wall with pockmarks then paint it. From far away you can't see the pockmarks (i.e. my face) but up close it's horrible. Forget about building up the foundation because it goes into cake city after the first layer. Goodbye.