wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

2.9

on 12/1/2018 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried so many foundations mostly high end. This is in my top 3. I have oily skin, this foundation keeps me matte without looking dry. I wear this for long days at work. It looks good all day in real life but also on tv. It’s the perfect all round foundation for me. Longlasting and lightweight. Shade range is also flattering for me. Love this. Need this. And so cheap.

When I had this product I thought I was going to have that look I've been looking for. But it was always so streaky and never set properly and very oily.. To be honest I also found it smelled like paint? I'm not sure if anyone else finds that, but it really smelled like paint to me.

on 10/20/2018 7:44:00 PM

Oh. My. Goodness. This drugstore foundation definitely puts some of the high-end brands a run for their money! Wet-N-Wild did not come to play when they made this product. This foundation is medium-full coverage, it is long lasting, very lightweight, and extremely easy to blend out. Personally, I found that it was easier to blend this out with a brush rather then a beauty sponge as it is a little on the runny side and the sponge soaked up most of the product. This foundations comes in very many shades, I’m sure that you will be able to find your perfect match if you want to try this for yourself. The one and ONLY thing that i did not like about this was the packaging. Im not really sure what they were trying to do with the spatula thingy but if this had a pump it would be even more amazing then it already is. This foundation is only $5 and you can not tell one bit that it is that cheap once it is on your face. When i tried this out and people asked me what foundation i was wearing they did not believe me when i told them that it was Wet-N-Wild. Please go out and try this, i guarantee you will love it just as much if not more than i do!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely love this foundation. Foundation in my opinion is the most personal preference product, so obviously this might not work as well as it does for me for everyone, but for my normal to oily combination skin (normal cheeks and super oily tzone) this is my favorite foundation I own, and I own some very expensive ones. I don't have dry skin but I don't know why anyone with dry skin would buy a foundation that is described as matte and then have sad face when it clings to dry patches (for dry girls I've heard great things about their cushion foundation as a dewier option, but I've never tried it because I already know it wont work for my skin type). I've always bought high end foundations, but I've seen so many youtubers raving about this one that I was curious. I was at Walgreens and there was a sale on wet n wild to where the already ridiculously cheap photo focus foundation was reduced to 3.99 (seriously), so I grabbed two shades on a whim thinking what the heck. Can I just say that I was SHOOK. I think this finish is perfect for skin like mine because not as flat and lifeless as full on matte foundations, but not too dewy to where my face is an oilslick by noon, but the finish is stunning. It's very buildable, and even when you build it up to fuller coverage it still looks very very skin like. It lasts well, not anything crazy (I for one don't particularly care if a foundation lasts 18 hours because I'm never going to wear it that long), but with setting spray it'll look nice for a good 10-12 hours with minor touch up translucent powder in the afternoon for oil control. For all of the people complaining about the smell, it doesn't bother me at all but it is noticable straight out of the bottle, but I think it's important to mention the reason you smell that is because they don't put any perfumes in the product, which is great for people with sensitive skin I would think. I would rather smell the foundation than smell a bunch of perfumes. I have the shades nude ivory and nude beige (my skintone is neutral leaning slightly warm), and they're perfect for me because nude beige is me with a tan and nude ivory is me without one, so I can easily mix them together in different ratios as i fade from 1 to the other. The shade range is decent for a drug store foundation in my opinion, theres a warm neutral and cool shade for fair to deep skin tones. I also love that they write the undertone right on the bottle to take the guess work out of trying to shade match at the drugstore. With the price point it's easy to grab more than one and customize. I would prefer a pump as well, but the spatula is better than just an open bottle, I just usually dab some of each shade on the back of my hand and mix together and apply from there. It applies beautifully with both a beauty blender and a blurring foundation brush (I use the beauty blender for fuller coverage and the kabuki when I want something lighter). If you have combo skin and want oil control without the full matte flat face look, TRY THIS PRODUCT YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

on 8/29/2018 3:02:00 AM

I think this foundation is suitable with flawless skin. It feels ok on my skin but i dont like the smell. And since i have noticeable pores, dark scars, this foundation wont do any help to cover it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After test-running this on myself for a while, I ended up adding it to my pro-kit because it really does photograph GORGEOUSLY and the price can't be beat. The main drawbacks are thus: it smells like paint...literally Home Depot interior latex house paint; It is not specifically a long-wear formula. I have worked around this for a recent bridal party job by using Wayne Goss' technique of combining and layering with setting spray and it really did the trick! My bride was asked about 8 hours after her makeup was done if it had just been done an hour or 2 before. The color range on this is decent for a drugstore and some websites like Ulta offer an extended range. Coverage is medium and fairly buildable. Texture blends out nicely and can be sheered. Shades may set darker than they appear in bottle, but oddly the color range skews toward paler than you would expect from the description. (I'm usually around NC20 and wear mostly "fair-light" range products and I was in the "light-medium" category with this product. ") This may not be a luxury foundation, but it works and it does the job very, very well. For someone like me who needs to keep multiple shades on hand and can't shell-out for $45 a bottle, it's fantastic!

I first bought the foundation online in soft beige a couple of months ago, I chose the closest colour I could to my usual foundation, but when it came it was slightly too dark, which sucks because in the bottle it looks really close to my usual, but when it comes out it's just a little bit too dark. I feel like the next lightest shade would be too light, so I don't know if there's a shade in this foundation that truly matches me, I'd probably have to mix two together. So because this was too dark when I first tried it I didn't really like it, and I didn't think it looked that great on my skin so I only wore it once. I bought several other vegan foundations since including Kat Von D, but couldn't find one that I really liked. One day I decided to try this one again, and my mind was completely changed. The colour is still slightly wrong but it still looks natural enough. I put on a couple of layers and thought that looked ok, but when I looked again about 5 minutes later I realised that it looks really amazingly flawless and matte. I have large pores and it makes them not so noticeable, it also stays put all day and looks great all day. I have combination skin and my makeup usually ends up melting off, but this one stayed on really well without looking heavy or cakey, unlike K V D, which is super thick and looks great when it first goes on but I've noticed five minutes later it settles into every line and poor and looks awful. This one improves with time, not worsens. It's also so important to me that the greasiness stays away, because my makeup will settle in my pores and look awful and this one didn't do that. I wasn't really that keen on the applicator but it's ok, I prefer a pump bottle. Another thing that I didn't really like was the smell, it smells pretty bad when you first put it on but the smell does go away. So yeah this is my new favourite foundation now and I will definitely be buying it again.

on 6/15/2018 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Who paid all of those youtubers to say this was good? I was dry-very dry skin and I could have fried food on my face with how much oil I was producing. It drys super matte and looks cakey too and wouldn't sit on certain areas of my skin at all, and then within a couple of hours the grease comes out. Seriously how did all of the beauty gurus hype this up!

Update: After starting tretin-A my skin is the Sahara dessert, and this foundation sits the best now out of all my foundations. Tip: Apply without moisturiser! Sounds crazy but if this foundation isn't working for you try this

on 5/23/2018 7:57:00 PM

Maybe I don't take enough selfies, but this just isn't all that great I'm finding. Very thick and 'makeup' like. A little does go a long way and the shade match (neutral beige) if fine, but I find it looks a bit cakey by mid afternoon. That smell is another thing-- fresh off the hardware shelf! It does dissipate however. Just looked at my face at 4:45pm, yep, cakey and my nose pores look obvious. Partially this could be my fault, I tried Mally's Pore Perfection on top earlier (just dabbed it on to minimize shine, etc.). Note to file, these two products do not play well together. So here's my take, I would use this for a night out where I knew there would be pictures, low lights and only a few hours of wear. It's not going to be my day to day foundation.

EDIT: I'm liking this more and more....! Have been using a BB cream with SPF first (Hydroxatone from Costco) then dabbing this around my nose, under my eyes, etc. It looks airbrushed with a little buffing and lasts all day with very minimal shine. The finish is a really nice blend of dewey/matte which works for my mature skin-it's glowy. Agree with another reviewer that this does work well with the Malle PP on top. Bought another one to keep at work for after gym touch-ups. I'm giving this a higher rating now.

on 5/23/2018 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to try out Wet N Wild Photo Focus Foundation after seeing some good reviews on youtube. Well after trying this product out I was very disappointed. First of all, I chose 3 different color shades, hoping that one of them would match my light/medium, neutral skin tone. Two shades were too light for me (Nude Ivory and Rose Ivory) and the next shade up was too dark and orange for me (Soft Beige). Next I mixed two shades together and applied the foundation with a damp beauty blender. It went on very splotchy and had minimal coverage. This product did nothing to cover old acne scars and redness. . I also accentuated all my dry spots and fine lines and made my face look dirty for some reason. All in all, I wasn't happy with this foundation and would not recommend it to anybody.