Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

2.9

on 10/14/2017 2:16:00 PM

I really wanted to love this affordable foundation since it had favorable reviews from here and YT. This unfortunately is a big fat NO for me :( It accentuates every pore in my skin (and I don't really have large pores, either!!) I literally tried *every* type of application of brushes, fingers, BB with different combos of primers, oils, moisturizers, w/o moisturizers or primer, etc. and nope -- it was totally a scrubber with every method. I mean I couldn't even leave the house with it on my face, it was that noticeable!! I even tried my Laura Geller BNB foundation over it to cover up the pores, but it just make me look like a caked up horror show!!! lol!! *Even Fix+ couldn't fix that!!! I am 53, so I'm guessing it isn't for my age group. I'll stick to Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear Foundation which is the best (ATM) for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The Wet n Wild Photofocus foundation is a very basic foundation. I heard so much hype about this product that I had to try it out for myself and was pretty underwhelmed with my own personal results. For background info, I have oily, acne-prone skin with slight acne scarring. I'm light/medium with very warm undertones. I think this foundation is okay. It's not the best foundation I've tried, but I've also used far worse foundation. The color selection seems a bit off to me. The Soft Beige is just a touch too dark, but I can work with it. A shade lighter would have been too light. This foundation is definitely a medium coverage, but is buildable without looking cakey. Even so, I feel like on days where my skin isn't looking so great, I wouldn't wear this foundation without also using concealer. I feel like the finish is more satin than matte and found that my T-Zone ended up being extra oily by the end of the day. There's also no photo flashback, which is super nice. I'd prefer a pump over the spatula, but it's not super inconvenient. I personally wouldn't repurchase this, but it's not a bad foundation! I imagine this would look better on someone with a more even complexion and skin that's more on the dry side.

on 9/25/2017 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i have tried many foundations from high end to very low end and this is the first one that i dont have ANY complaints about.

i wear this foundation in shell ivory and it blends seamlessly. i have never found a foundation shade that matches me so well. i like that i can use a little bit and get a light natural coverage or i can build it up to a more complete coverage. it stays in place all day on my dry/oily skin.

i like the sturdy glass bottle it comes in and i do like the spatula applicator but i feel that is not always the most sanitary way to apply it.

i love that i can pick it up at my local drugstore. i highly recommend trying it out if you're on the fence.

on 9/19/2017 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My friends ranted and raved about how great this foundation was for the price. You tubers loved it. It's cheap enough that I bought some to try, and I'll never get it again. It smells like house paint, oxidizes like CRAZY, makes my usually dry skin super oily yet somehow clings to dry patches, comes off onto all of my clothing, and doesn't set with spray or powder. I'm unfortunately stuck using this until my fenty foundation arrives in the mail. I have over half a bottle of this in the trash and I can't wait to throw it away. Oh yeah, the shade range is also garbage and the packaging has this weird/useless paddle on the cap that makes it really easy to spill and fling foundation everywhere when you open it. Don't waste your time or money on this!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This works wonderfully and beautifully -if- I moisturize and prime my skin. If I'm in a rush and don't prep my face, it looks terrible; flaky and dry. It dries out so much that it looks like my skin is starting to peel from a sunburn. I do have very dry skin anyway, but I am very shocked at how much this highlights and worsens that. So, the amount of time that I waste trying to make this look good is not worth it for me. I will have to move on to something different. I have a hunch that people with oily skin will like this a lot; but for those with very dry skin, I think you'll want to pass on this one.

on 9/14/2017 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because of YouTube-Tati, who said it was awsome: very skin-like. Well, I think I disagree: it looked heavy on me, applied with a beauty blender. I can imagine that this would be better for someone with oilier skin (mine is normal).

What I liked: it didn't break me out, and the price is pretty great! What I dislike: the powdery-leathery finish this had on me, the heavy smell (honeycomb + paint or something?) and that there was no shade match - the closest shade to my skin (Soft Beige) was still way too orange (I have NC20, very yellow-toned olive skin). I might have dealt with the colour by using a colour adjuster, but the smell of this just killed it for me - so heavy, long-lasting and cloying :/

on 9/12/2017 8:22:00 PM

I was surprised by how much i liked this foundation. It has such a natural looking finish and is easily build-able. Not cakey at all and blends beautifully. My only complaint is it does smell a bit paste-ey but it doesn't linger too long.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this brand because it was very affordable and I'm on a budget right now. I've always had sensitive skin, but I've never in my life had problems with makeup bothering me, so I wasn't concerned with trying this one out. Well first of all, the applicator is not my favorite. I prefer the pump and this one comes with like a spatula type thing. The smell is immediately off-putting. Smells like I'm literally lathering house paint on my face and it actually feels like it too. I can feel it on my face all day. Also, as soon as it touched my skin, my face started burning all over. It wasn't unbearable and it stopped after a little while, so I continued to use it for 2 more days. Well, I woke up this morning to an awful red rash all over my face. Its hot to the touch and very clearly an allergic reaction. I'm not saying this is gonna happen to everyone, but I don't seem to be the only one it has happened to. Be aware!!

on 8/2/2017 6:20:00 PM

My boyfriend's mom purchased two shades from this foundation line and they were too light for her. She gave them to me to see if maybe I would be a match considering I'm fair-skinned (I've never reached a "Medium" label in the makeup line like ever). Both shades were super light on my already light skin and just ugh I don't even know how to describe the way it stayed on my skin. I had primer on but it was as if the foundation just clung to my skin for dear life. Trying to remove it was awful and it was just like smearing it in the area applied. The smell is gag-worthy. Someone said it was akin to paint thinner and I agree wholeheartedly. I did like the little spatula attached to the cap though!

on 7/28/2017 5:35:00 PM

This foundation is worth a try, but not my favorite drugstore foundation. The spatula applicator is great, I wish more brands would do this to avoid mess. The smell is terrible! It makes me wonder what sort of chemicals could possibly be in this. It's a medium coverage foundation, but buildable. It dries pretty quick on the face so be sure to blend it in quickly. I have oily skin and it gives me a semi-matte look, but after a couple of hours I needed a touch up with my face powder. I mean.. it's super cheap and worth a try.