Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

2.9

on 11/22/2017 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had to write a review on this because I pulled it out of my drawer and used it today for the first time in weeks. This is a solid product. It makes my skin look beautiful! Lasts all day too! I put this above many of my high-end foundations. I have the color buff-beige and it's a perfect match for my winter complexion. Not a fan of any other wet n wild products, but this one blows me away! I prefer high coverage foundations but they are usually matte, this one is very dewy, really it makes my skin glow. Contouring with the benefit cheek parade palette looks really beautiful on top of this foundation. Packaging is slightly odd but I take no points off for that because of how happy I was every time I looked in the mirror today 😏

Jury is still out on this for me. I like the coverage and finish, but I bought this over the summer when I had a tan and so now the color is too dark for me (buff bisque). I just haven't had time to go out and get a lighter color. It does have a little bit of a chemical, almost gasoline like smell to it which is off-putting. Not too jazzed about the spatula but I put it on a mixing palette instead of directly on my face to avoid cross-contamination, so it's not the end of the world (best option if you're also using on a client).

on 11/18/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is not for dry skin - I will tell you right off the bat. If you have dry skin, you will need to put on a good moisturizer underneath for it to glide on more easily. The coverage is buildable light-medium and the finish is matte. I dont have to set it with a finishing powder as it is already matte on its own but you could if you want to. It stays on very long and the shade selection is great. Price point is also very low. I would enjoy it more if only it wasnt too cakey on me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've only used this for events, because it doesn't have SPF and isn't really an everyday foundation. It did look really good in photos from two weddings I was in. It doesn't look as natural in person in my opinion, but in photos it looks fairly skin-like. I was fairly high-to-medium coverage. I wore a moisturizer underneath and I still felt kind of dry at first. I think it looked best from the 2-5 hours after applying period. I will update if I try it more.

on 11/6/2017 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For starters, this foundation is much too heavy and textured if applied with your fingers. A very light application with a damp sponge makes a lot of difference. The range of shades is good. First, I bought Porcelain but it was too light for my NC15 skin tone. The Soft ivory was just right and barely oxidizes. The coverage for redness is good but I do not like how the product accents texture. The price of $7.50 is a good buy. I certainly will have no problem using the product up but probably will continue my search for the best foundation for me.

on 11/6/2017 10:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this foundation after hearing alot of hype about how wonderful it is - it's not wonderful at all (on my skin) looked gross.
It was extremly cheap...it looked and felt extremly cheap on the face.
No coverage. Horrible consistancy..I actually threw this in the bin after that first application ..just pointless wasting time with it. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for!

Ignoring the fact that my country does not carry a good selection of colors and I didn't match myself perfectly, I think this foundation is pretty good. It's not the best, it's not my favorite but it's not bad at all and I don't regret purchasing. It's inexpensive, it has medium coverage, has a matte finish and it looks good. I wouldn't recommend it to dry skin though, I'd say it's more suited to normal and combination skin types. Also, the packaging is weird, I mean what is that applicator? why the glass bottle? I don't get the packaging decisions but the product itself is pretty decent. Is it the foundation that's gonna change your life? Probably not. Is it over hyped to the max? Heck yeah BUT: is it a good product considering the price? YES! It lasts 6 hours on my combination skin looking great, it blends easily, it's not patchy, it doesn't break me out.....it's nice.

on 10/14/2017 2:16:00 PM

I really wanted to love this affordable foundation since it had favorable reviews from here and YT. This unfortunately is a big fat NO for me :( It accentuates every pore in my skin (and I don't really have large pores, either!!) I literally tried *every* type of application of brushes, fingers, BB with different combos of primers, oils, moisturizers, w/o moisturizers or primer, etc. and nope -- it was totally a scrubber with every method. I mean I couldn't even leave the house with it on my face, it was that noticeable!! I even tried my Laura Geller BNB foundation over it to cover up the pores, but it just make me look like a caked up horror show!!! lol!! *Even Fix+ couldn't fix that!!! I am 53, so I'm guessing it isn't for my age group. I'll stick to Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear Foundation which is the best (ATM) for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The Wet n Wild Photofocus foundation is a very basic foundation. I heard so much hype about this product that I had to try it out for myself and was pretty underwhelmed with my own personal results. For background info, I have oily, acne-prone skin with slight acne scarring. I'm light/medium with very warm undertones. I think this foundation is okay. It's not the best foundation I've tried, but I've also used far worse foundation. The color selection seems a bit off to me. The Soft Beige is just a touch too dark, but I can work with it. A shade lighter would have been too light. This foundation is definitely a medium coverage, but is buildable without looking cakey. Even so, I feel like on days where my skin isn't looking so great, I wouldn't wear this foundation without also using concealer. I feel like the finish is more satin than matte and found that my T-Zone ended up being extra oily by the end of the day. There's also no photo flashback, which is super nice. I'd prefer a pump over the spatula, but it's not super inconvenient. I personally wouldn't repurchase this, but it's not a bad foundation! I imagine this would look better on someone with a more even complexion and skin that's more on the dry side.

on 9/25/2017 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i have tried many foundations from high end to very low end and this is the first one that i dont have ANY complaints about.

i wear this foundation in shell ivory and it blends seamlessly. i have never found a foundation shade that matches me so well. i like that i can use a little bit and get a light natural coverage or i can build it up to a more complete coverage. it stays in place all day on my dry/oily skin.

i like the sturdy glass bottle it comes in and i do like the spatula applicator but i feel that is not always the most sanitary way to apply it.

i love that i can pick it up at my local drugstore. i highly recommend trying it out if you're on the fence.