Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.1

on 9/20/2017 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I deleted my first review of this foundation which was Jan 2017 - when it was brand new. There were only about three shades available to choose from in-store, and the one I picked was ghastly too light and I hated it. It was super dry, emphasized all my dry skin - even though I'm highly combo (so both oily and dry). Now that it's been out for almost a year - I decided to try this foundation again, since I found a shade that is almost identical to my skin tone (Soft Beige). I am mostly looking for a foundation that is light/medium, doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I have tried Revlon Colorstay (too heavy for my needs), Covergirl Outlast (same thing, too heavy), Physicians Formula, Burts Bees BB (too moisturizing), Tarte, Rimmel foundations (good, but still a bit too heavy but would still use over others), and then my HG NYX Total Control (the best foundation for my skin, I've used a full bottle).

I give this four lippies because for the cheap price ($4.98 is what I paid), the amount you get, the solid nice bottle (except wish it had pump) -- it's a really good CHEAP simple/basic foundation. Also, after side to side comparison on my face applied with a buffing brush - this foundation looks identical on my skin as my $13.99 HG NYX Total Control foundation. So identical that I couldn't tell the difference between the two on my face. My NYX shade is "Natural" and is a little more yellow than WnW's "Soft Beige" which pulls yellow but a little more pink (so neutral), but once applied to my face, you can't tell at all. It must just neutralize out. But the finish on my skin is EXACT (with moisturizer). I was blown away. That's a $9 price difference for me-- and WnW is a full ounce, NYX is barely .5 an ounce for $9 more.

If I prep my skin with my daily moisturizer well before I apply this (which I do anyways) it works very well for me with combo skin. I start out dry and turn oily by 4 hours. With moisturizing properly (which takes me seconds) - this stuff can look just a little powdery on my forehead (notorious spot for me) but I spray with a matte setting spray - and after an hour or two it settles into my skin and looks very natural. I highly recommend giving this a try if you've haven't tried it, or are looking for a cheap, basic foundation to cover discoloration/melasma, light scarring - I think it's great. It also is talc free, just like NYX. I think the NYX and this foundation are pretty identical in ingredients, but the NYX is obviously much runnier in consistency but this one blended out easily. I don't wear heavy foundation, and only dot it on a few places on my face and then blend out with a RT buffing brush for light coverage - so if you are looking for that - try this out. I had no issues with oxidization, "Soft Beige" was a perfect match for me with a lighter powder on top to set. I am also very sensitive to smells, but the smell of this didn't bother me since it goes away immediately - and I'm not sensitive to paint/medicinal smells, but fragrance and this isn't heavily fragranced/floral. So the smell for me was not a problem. This also washes off very easily - I wash with a light cleanser but always use a Simple makeup wipe to help remove most of my foundation. This came off easily like NYX.

I'm really glad I decided to give this a try again 9 months later - and if I have any issues, I'll for sure update my review. This $5 foundation is a go-to for me and is replacing my empty HG $14 NYX Total Control.

on 9/19/2017 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My friends ranted and raved about how great this foundation was for the price. You tubers loved it. It's cheap enough that I bought some to try, and I'll never get it again. It smells like house paint, oxidizes like CRAZY, makes my usually dry skin super oily yet somehow clings to dry patches, comes off onto all of my clothing, and doesn't set with spray or powder. I'm unfortunately stuck using this until my fenty foundation arrives in the mail. I have over half a bottle of this in the trash and I can't wait to throw it away. Oh yeah, the shade range is also garbage and the packaging has this weird/useless paddle on the cap that makes it really easy to spill and fling foundation everywhere when you open it. Don't waste your time or money on this!

on 9/14/2017 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because of YouTube-Tati, who said it was awsome: very skin-like. Well, I think I disagree: it looked heavy on me, applied with a beauty blender. I can imagine that this would be better for someone with oilier skin (mine is normal).

What I liked: it didn't break me out, and the price is pretty great! What I dislike: the powdery-leathery finish this had on me, the heavy smell (honeycomb + paint or something?) and that there was no shade match - the closest shade to my skin (Soft Beige) was still way too orange (I have NC20, very yellow-toned olive skin). I might have dealt with the colour by using a colour adjuster, but the smell of this just killed it for me - so heavy, long-lasting and cloying :/

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this brand because it was very affordable and I'm on a budget right now. I've always had sensitive skin, but I've never in my life had problems with makeup bothering me, so I wasn't concerned with trying this one out. Well first of all, the applicator is not my favorite. I prefer the pump and this one comes with like a spatula type thing. The smell is immediately off-putting. Smells like I'm literally lathering house paint on my face and it actually feels like it too. I can feel it on my face all day. Also, as soon as it touched my skin, my face started burning all over. It wasn't unbearable and it stopped after a little while, so I continued to use it for 2 more days. Well, I woke up this morning to an awful red rash all over my face. Its hot to the touch and very clearly an allergic reaction. I'm not saying this is gonna happen to everyone, but I don't seem to be the only one it has happened to. Be aware!!

Okay, at first I loved this foundation, the smell doesn't bother me, but I have very sensitive skin due to some allergies. I have a latex allergy, and I didn't see latex anywhere in the additives, but I cannot use this foundation. I use covergirl clean matte BB cream and it's amazing. This foundation caused my entire face to get red and swollen and I got huge blisters on my face that caused scarring. I've only used it twice and I bought a new bottle thinking it might be just that batch a few months later, low and behold I'm here again with blisters all over my face. I'm sticking with covergirl, at least it doesn't scar my face

on 6/9/2017 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was able to find a decent match in Golden Beige, and don't mind the spatula applicator. At best, I was able to build this up to medium coverage. It does have a very strong paint smell. I definitely needed a primer with this because without primer, this sank into my pores and every fine line, however with a good primer it wore much smoother. The finish was dewy, and I would have to put on a lot more powder than I normally do just to get it to not be so tacky feeling, and so that I would be able to apply my blush and bronzer over it without going on patchy. I had a lot of shine breakthrough, but even with extra blotting and powdering throughout the day the foundation started to break down and I had bare patches, it started to look caky, and I could definitely feel it sitting heavily on my face. It would rub off where my sunglasses sat on the bridge of my nose. I tried to make this work, but after a week, just decided it was too much work and not giving me the results I hoped, I just could'nt wait to get home at the end of the day to wash it off.

on 3/29/2017 1:26:00 AM

To be fair, I don't normally use liquid foundations, having discovered that mineral powder foundations work much better for me. However, I thought I'd try this one in porcelain, since it has excellent reviews and a very affordable price point. It wasn't so bad, but I was reminded again why I don't like liquid foundations. The cakiness, the uneven distribution, the way it almost pooled strangly in the pores around my upper cheeks, leaving hardly anything on the surface was strange. I even tried to use it with a good pore filling primer, to no avail. I did apply it with an actual beauty blender, rather than a brush. Perhaps another means of application would work better? I have no notion. What I do know is that I am happily going back to my mineral powder foundation...and no more experiments.

on 2/20/2017 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this foundation before looking at any reviews. I instantly fell in love. I see many reviewers saying how they hate the spatula. I actually love it. It makes it so much easier to control how much product I am getting out at one time. Also, I find this to be more medium coverage than light with one application. It builds up really well and covers all my imperfections. It also wears well throughout the day with no oxidation on me. I will see how it holds up in the warmer weather, but for now no issues with it wearing off, even without a primer. In terms of application, I have had no issues at all. I use a foundation brush from E.L.F and the foundation applies seamlessly. In terms of color match, the Soft Beige, which states on the bottle is light-medium-warm, is perfect for my neutral-warm complexion. It definitely has a yellow undertone, but that works very well for me. Overall, this is a definite keeper!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried everything- various prices, formulas, benefits. What irony! My holy grail foundation costs $5.
My skin is fair/light, with very yellow undertones. Combination/dry, and at age 30, beginning to mature. Prone to occasional breakout and verrry sensitive.
This covers my rosacea, hides my wrinkles, and makes me look like an angel when I top it with the Wet n Wild "Reserve Your Cabana" powder. Also, make sure you're using a good moisturizer underneath this. It truly lives up to the claims of looking good in photographs and different light. I will never be without this again! I will need to purchase a few more bottles. Wish this came in a pump jar but I guess the formula is so watery it wouldn't work out.
Love this!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I first bought this foundation from my local Ealgreens, just as soon as I saw it on display. Even though they offer 20 colors of foundation in the line only about 4-5 were on display, so I picked up 2 foundations in Peach Natural, 2 in Golden Beige, and 2 pressed powders in Neutral Beige. Peach Natural is slightly more lighter than my natural skintone, but I am able to work with it, so that's all good. Golden Beige is the most closest match to my skintone, and is probably going to be the most wearable shade for most people who have medium skintones, which is why, if you do not have a very tan medium complexion, then I would certainly start out with Golden Beige.

The Neutral Beige pressed powder has a consistency that is very soft and silky and reminds ne a lot of MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish, in the way that it is shaped, and how much of a super natural finish it gives to the face. my skin is very dry at this time, however, even though the foundation dries matte, it does not make my face look like a dry overly mess. It leaves a natural matte look to my face, and I just lightly dust the Neutral a Beige pressed powder over it, and my face stays set. For individuals with oily to possibly very oily skin, they may need to use a mattifying setting powder over it instead of the Photofocus pressed powder instead.

With the foundation, I do not use a moisturizer or primer underneath. As, I applly the foundation straight to my face with the spatula applicator it cones with. Some individuals have complained that this foundation smells like paint. To be honest, this foundation has a slight chemical smell, very similar to Estee Lauder's Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup. The snell of the PhotoFocus Foundation is not overwhelming, and after you have the foundation on after a short period or do, the slight smell ends up fading away anyways. As, thus foundation is fragrance free, so whst you smell coming from it is its raw ingredients only ( which are totally bearable).

I actually just placed an order on Wet in Wild's website, for 3 foundation in the shade Golden Beige, and another pressed powder in the shade Neutral Beige too. As, I can honestly say there is no really huge cons with either the new Wet n Wild PhotoFocus Foundation of PhotoFocus pressed powder that I can honestly speak of. Which is why, I highly recommend giving them a try!