wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.5

on 9/12/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This foundation is so amazing, I cannot believe it was $6. I am oily skinned. Bought this in Espresso and I apply with a damp beauty blender. I wear a lot of foundation. Base makeup is my favorite because I love a flawless base every time I do my makeup. This is medium coverage so I use more of it than I would loreal infallible pro matte for instance. I like the way it smells and I lasts decently when set with a powder. I use the spatchula to place the fiubdation on my skin then blen with the beauty blender. I love the packaging. Wet n wild has certainly outdone themselves with this one. I will be repurchased hen I run out.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The good-
Love the bottle.
Looks very nice on the skin and skin-like when applied correctly.
Applies really nice with fingers and beauty blender type sponges.
So many shades to choose from!
However, most are just on the website as most stores do not carry all of the shades.
I ended up with classic beige and surprisingly it was not too bad. (at first, I clearly need a lighter shade)
It blended in really well on my face,
I do need a slightly lighter shade but can get away with this. That is until it starts to oxidize.
The foundation wears okay on my oily skin without looking too bad which was surprising (besides oxidizing way too dark), about 2-3 hours before I need to blot. 4-5 hours it starts to break down just slightly. 6 hours it can start to slip around and I must touch up with powder. 7-8+ and it is done.
The bad-
Looks terrible when applied with a brush and had I not watched MANY youtube videos beforehand I would have thought this was a terrible foundation.
Definitely, stick to the beauty blender type of sponge or your fingers. I liked my fingers for a lighter coverage that was more natural and the sponge for heavier coverage.
The matching photo focus powder (which I really like) did not go well with this foundation as I found it made it look too heavy and cakey but both are great on their own.
It does oxidize darker and started to look a little too tannish orange. Wore well on my oily skin but not as great as a long lasting foundation.

I might try this again in a lighter shade but for now, I think I will keep looking as I prefer a long wear foundation that can last a work day, stand up to my oily skin, and not melt at the first sign of hot weather.