wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

2.5

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got this because Tati raves about it ! She had totally different skin than me though. This intensifies my acne and just does a really poor poor job! Sad i wanted to like it

on 6/29/2018 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I didn’t expect much from this foundation because I only picked up because it was on sale, and in an effort to not fly through my Fenty so fast.

Shade: Mocha
This foundation is very easy to blend. I use a flat top kabuki brush or other dense brush. I was having problems with some acne causing patchiness on my cheeks but this foundation smooths over it really nicely making it unnoticeable, even without concealer in that area. During the day I am usually running around a lot at work and I have to say this does a nice job at staying matte throughout the day. I’ve only had to blot once a day with the WNW and afterwards it looks nice and fresh.

A lot of people mention the paint smell, I can only smell it if I really put my nose in the bottle. I don’t smell it during application or after.

on 5/18/2018 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

as someone with oily, textured skin, i don't love this foundation. i don't have much overall redness to conceal so this does an okay job of evening out my skin tone, but anything other than a very sheer layer of this looks INCREDIBLY cakey - this product does not build well over itself. i will say though, this does look quite nice on my skin when it's behaving. i usually apply this in a thin layer over my entire face, then go over it with a concealer in a complementary shade wherever i want more coverage.

pros:
- great shade range for lighter skin tones - porcelain is too light for me even after drying down. nice to have a CF option at the drugstore for foundation
- cap is very secure thanks to grooves along opening, sturdy packaging
- smell doesn't linger throughout the day
- applicator is weird, but it does sort of work to manage how much product you're using at one time
- really pretty, natural finish when you use the right amount

cons:
- tacky finish, never dries down (powdering doesn't help)
- offensive odor, VERY strong during application
- seems to have flashback??
- low/medium coverage
- applicator is unwieldy
- cap gets dirty and gunky with product over time

i will repurchase since i don't like to spend a ton of money on foundation and i like to support CF brands but i am still keeping my eyes peeled for other CF foundations. i really prefer higher coverage and i feel like i get that with my other favorite brand - sad they aren't CF :(

*more detailed info on my undertones listed on my profile.

on 9/12/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This foundation is so amazing, I cannot believe it was $6. I am oily skinned. Bought this in Espresso and I apply with a damp beauty blender. I wear a lot of foundation. Base makeup is my favorite because I love a flawless base every time I do my makeup. This is medium coverage so I use more of it than I would loreal infallible pro matte for instance. I like the way it smells and I lasts decently when set with a powder. I use the spatchula to place the fiubdation on my skin then blen with the beauty blender. I love the packaging. Wet n wild has certainly outdone themselves with this one. I will be repurchased hen I run out.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loooove this product!!! I've been struggling to find a good foundation for my oily skin and i'm glad that the hunt is finally over. If you live in the Philippines, you know how hot it can be especially during the summer time and this stuff did a pretty good job of holding up, i only had to blot around my t-zone. It has a natural finish but still has good coverage and i get a lot of compliments saying that my skin looks amazing even though im wearing foundation *wink wink*. The oily downside is that it dries too quickly making it a bit difficult to blend and it only comes with a spatula.

on 6/16/2017 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was hopeful this product would work for me -- but it didn't. Upon opening the bottle for application, I immediately recognized a "paint-like" smell. Foundation provided medium coverage and stayed put for about 8 hours before breaking down.
The big reason I only rated this product 1 out of five -- my face had red patches when I removed my makeup. I wore this foundation several times and the results were the same. My skin does not like this foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Before I self tanned the lightest shade was way too light and pink toned for me, the very next shade was way too dark and orange. There was no in between despite having 20 different shade options. Once I self tanned I had this beautiful medium tan that fit the Golden Beige shade perfectly.
Now the coverage of this is completely full and masks all of my large pores, discoloration and acne bumps. It dries to a natural semi-matte finish but concealer doesn't glide over this without a little tug so I usually avoid putting any of the foundation near my eyes. It also lasts really well when my sweat starts to break through as I wore this while cleaning my house with zero touch ups and only looked slightly shiny if at all. The formula of this is actually very smooth and doesn't look cakey especially on my upper lip which can be very dry.
The packaging absolutely sucks. I would have preferred a pump, pour out bottle, tube, or doe foot applicator. Anything but this super flat spatula that is really hard to distribute any product to the face. You would think taking product directly from the bottle itself would be easier but then where would you put the spatula without getting all surfaces dirty with foundation? Yes you just need a paper towel of some sort but if people are already doing that then they just need to ditch the spatula all together.
For $5.99 though I can get over the hang ups to appreciate it's smooth formula.

on 4/19/2017 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Like most of the reviews, YouTube made me buy this. It goes on nice with a brush or beauty blender. Looks great for about 30 minutes then just goes down hill from there. I want to wash my face within a few hours of wearing this. My skin feels and looks terrible. It accentuates my pores, wrinkles and rubs off with the slightest touch. Not to mention it oxidizes terribly. I even tried mixing it with my sunscreen that usually dries me out. Nope. Also mixed it with my trusty Revlon colorstay..nope. Tried no setting powder, with setting powder..nope. Blotting didn't even take away the sticky/oily/tacky weirdness. I literally had to peel the tissue away from my skin while blotting. So bizarre.

on 4/8/2017 5:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have the shade Mocha. This shade is fiery orange. In the trash it went.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Looked good for a hour then my skin got very oily. Broke me out.