Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

2.5

on 9/12/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This foundation is so amazing, I cannot believe it was $6. I am oily skinned. Bought this in Espresso and I apply with a damp beauty blender. I wear a lot of foundation. Base makeup is my favorite because I love a flawless base every time I do my makeup. This is medium coverage so I use more of it than I would loreal infallible pro matte for instance. I like the way it smells and I lasts decently when set with a powder. I use the spatchula to place the fiubdation on my skin then blen with the beauty blender. I love the packaging. Wet n wild has certainly outdone themselves with this one. I will be repurchased hen I run out.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loooove this product!!! I've been struggling to find a good foundation for my oily skin and i'm glad that the hunt is finally over. If you live in the Philippines, you know how hot it can be especially during the summer time and this stuff did a pretty good job of holding up, i only had to blot around my t-zone. It has a natural finish but still has good coverage and i get a lot of compliments saying that my skin looks amazing even though im wearing foundation *wink wink*. The oily downside is that it dries too quickly making it a bit difficult to blend and it only comes with a spatula.

on 6/16/2017 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was hopeful this product would work for me -- but it didn't. Upon opening the bottle for application, I immediately recognized a "paint-like" smell. Foundation provided medium coverage and stayed put for about 8 hours before breaking down.
The big reason I only rated this product 1 out of five -- my face had red patches when I removed my makeup. I wore this foundation several times and the results were the same. My skin does not like this foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Before I self tanned the lightest shade was way too light and pink toned for me, the very next shade was way too dark and orange. There was no in between despite having 20 different shade options. Once I self tanned I had this beautiful medium tan that fit the Golden Beige shade perfectly.
Now the coverage of this is completely full and masks all of my large pores, discoloration and acne bumps. It dries to a natural semi-matte finish but concealer doesn't glide over this without a little tug so I usually avoid putting any of the foundation near my eyes. It also lasts really well when my sweat starts to break through as I wore this while cleaning my house with zero touch ups and only looked slightly shiny if at all. The formula of this is actually very smooth and doesn't look cakey especially on my upper lip which can be very dry.
The packaging absolutely sucks. I would have preferred a pump, pour out bottle, tube, or doe foot applicator. Anything but this super flat spatula that is really hard to distribute any product to the face. You would think taking product directly from the bottle itself would be easier but then where would you put the spatula without getting all surfaces dirty with foundation? Yes you just need a paper towel of some sort but if people are already doing that then they just need to ditch the spatula all together.
For $5.99 though I can get over the hang ups to appreciate it's smooth formula.

on 4/19/2017 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Like most of the reviews, YouTube made me buy this. It goes on nice with a brush or beauty blender. Looks great for about 30 minutes then just goes down hill from there. I want to wash my face within a few hours of wearing this. My skin feels and looks terrible. It accentuates my pores, wrinkles and rubs off with the slightest touch. Not to mention it oxidizes terribly. I even tried mixing it with my sunscreen that usually dries me out. Nope. Also mixed it with my trusty Revlon colorstay..nope. Tried no setting powder, with setting powder..nope. Blotting didn't even take away the sticky/oily/tacky weirdness. I literally had to peel the tissue away from my skin while blotting. So bizarre.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love wnw fdtns as a rule (coverall, color match, tinted moisturizer, THIS.).......it does have an unpleasant odor-aroma of paint with this. But wnw fdtn are good for oily skinned people. The spatula is an interesting addition. For $6 this is pretty good but discovering your shade can be an arcane process .and wnw is cruelty free (which is awesome!!!) I use wnw reserve your cabana powder for glowy skin.

on 4/8/2017 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have the shade Mocha. This shade is fiery orange. In the trash it went.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Looked good for a hour then my skin got very oily. Broke me out.

on 4/2/2017 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the packaging of this foundation.
The actual product not so much. Its not a terrible foundation but its not that good.
It does have a really good coverage,I would say full,but it looks cakey specially if youre wearing primer under it.
It never really sets no matter how much powder I use,it feels sticky,and makes me oily
I could see this working on dry or normal skin maybe,I wouldnt recommend it for oily skin

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Well...I will say I like this a lot better than their previous Coverall foundation (which I hated). Photo Focus has some good and bad points. I do think this is going to be one of those products where people either go rabid bashing it OR they absolutely rave about it.

The Photo Focus reminds me a lot of Loreal's True Match with perhaps a little bit more slip to it. I prefer it to the True Match, which isn't saying much. I see a lot of people comparing this to Revlon Colorstay but honestly that may only be due to the paint scent. This is lighter coverage and a more liquid-y consistency than the Colorstay.

I would consider Photo Focus to be medium coverage. It definitely covers more than I assumed it would. I bought the palest shade - Porcelain. This shade is about NC10 applied by oxidizes to NC15ish. Honestly that's still paler than a lot of the lighter shades in drugstores so I can't complain. Keep in mind the NC stands for "not cool", meaning it's warm toned. I find this is more yellow-y than straight up warm. The deeper warm shades seem more orange based though, your mileage may vary.

I have oily skin and although this applies relatively demi-matte, I found it lacks any oil control. As the day goes on it gets greasy. :( I can see a layer of oil form within hours and it pools into my pores. On the other hand it seems to accentuate dry patches so those with very dry skin should either double up on the moisturizer first, or skip Photo Focus altogether.

I made this work for me by: 1. applying a hydrating sunscreen primer first and 2. mixing a tiny bit of my favorite suuuuuper matte foundation in (Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse). *If* you can find a way to make this work for you, it's totally worth it. I think its a good (not great..just good..which is better than most in my book) foundation.