Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The Wet n Wild Photofocus foundation is a very basic foundation. I heard so much hype about this product that I had to try it out for myself and was pretty underwhelmed with my own personal results. For background info, I have oily, acne-prone skin with slight acne scarring. I'm light/medium with very warm undertones. I think this foundation is okay. It's not the best foundation I've tried, but I've also used far worse foundation. The color selection seems a bit off to me. The Soft Beige is just a touch too dark, but I can work with it. A shade lighter would have been too light. This foundation is definitely a medium coverage, but is buildable without looking cakey. Even so, I feel like on days where my skin isn't looking so great, I wouldn't wear this foundation without also using concealer. I feel like the finish is more satin than matte and found that my T-Zone ended up being extra oily by the end of the day. There's also no photo flashback, which is super nice. I'd prefer a pump over the spatula, but it's not super inconvenient. I personally wouldn't repurchase this, but it's not a bad foundation! I imagine this would look better on someone with a more even complexion and skin that's more on the dry side.

on 9/25/2017 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i have tried many foundations from high end to very low end and this is the first one that i dont have ANY complaints about.

i wear this foundation in shell ivory and it blends seamlessly. i have never found a foundation shade that matches me so well. i like that i can use a little bit and get a light natural coverage or i can build it up to a more complete coverage. it stays in place all day on my dry/oily skin.

i like the sturdy glass bottle it comes in and i do like the spatula applicator but i feel that is not always the most sanitary way to apply it.

i love that i can pick it up at my local drugstore. i highly recommend trying it out if you're on the fence.

on 9/21/2017 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

So I have been looking for a new HG foundation for awhile now. I decided to give this ago after seeing Casey Holmes YT video. I initially bought soft beige. I really like the coverage it is versatile coverage from light to full coverage. It does not look cakey, shade ranges. I did find soft beige to oxidize a lot on me and was too dark of a shade to begin with. So I bought soft ivory which seems to be my correct shade and does not oxidize. I really like this foundation, I would prefer a pump to a spatula, but for the price I can't complain. This foundation looks good, last a good 8 hours. I would recommend to use a primer for longevity. This is a foundation that I will continue to use and will repurchase. This is a really good drugstore foundation.

on 9/15/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

UPDATE 10/: I really really like this. It is similar to UD Naked Skin (but without zany skin care ingredients). If you need something quick from the drugstore, this is a great buy! It's the price of getting a coffee...not much to complain about for that! When I first tried this it didn't impress me, and I suspected it was a shade issue. Sure enough, when I found Bronze Beige it made a complete difference. Unfortunately, on my skin this "oxidizes" the opposite way...it doesn't get darker, it gets lighter (is that oxidation?) By the end of the day I looked ridiculously pale. Part of it was that this seemed to disappear, and all that was left was my paste-like Anthelios SPF 50 primer. (A side note - if you want an SPF that stays put, Anthelios SPF 50 Primer is your dream come true.)

ORIGINAL 8/17: I like it...for a very, VERY, basic foundation. It has good coverage, and a nice finish. It reminds me of the discontinued Estee Lauder Lucidity, only it's more matte. It also reminds me of the discontinued Clinique Stay True, only it's less matte. It's also very similar to a foundation made by Arbonne, and Maybelline Fit Me foundation...and many BB creams. To me it smells like a "vintage" formula...or something like that...because the smell of it transports me somewhere in time. I guess, for me, there are so many foundations these days that have additional advantages, like "blurring", skin care ingredients, pore-minimizing, etc., this doesn't seem outstanding to me, although it sure is cheap. I think it looks like makeup, but I think that's not something anyone cares about anymore. Trying to remember what it is this smells like is going to drive me nuts. It smells SO familiar...it kind of smells like oil paints...If this came a pump it would be much easier to use.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

When I first used this, I applied too much product as I used the spatula to dot all over my face. It got way too cakey on my first trial and it just looked too dry and so bad on both natural and artificial lighting. But the second time I used this, I applied way less and I finally got to make it quite natural and not cakey! I have really oily skin and this oils up on me quite fast when I don't set it with a lot of powder but with baking technique it does keep the oil at bay. I don't really mind getting oily a little bit because I can always blot it with a tissue paper and the oil just melts the powder away which makes the finish much smoother or natural for me as the days go by. This doesn't really oxidize on me which is great because I just got the right shade that almost matches my skin tone which I barely did with other drugstore foundations. I personally only like sheer to medium coverage because I really have a textured skin and heavy foundations always emphasizes that so with a damp sponge, I can easily achieve a sheerer coverage with this foundation! All in all I really like this foundation, it lasted on me all day and the price is really inexpensive and it's just a plus that it is cruelty free!

on 9/12/2017 6:33:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The price is amazing. I like how this stays for the entire day for an oily skin girl like me. Nice matte finish. However, caution: gets slightly patchy on any dry areas. You will love this if you have oily skin.

on 7/14/2017 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my usual go to foundation for every day. The main issue I had with this in the beginning was that it has a smell similar to nail polish, but after using it a few times I don't mind it. The texture is not my favorite but you get what you pay for ($5.99). I use it every day because it is cheap and replaceable, unlike my Lancome foundation. The coverage is light to medium, I feel if you work with it a bit and use powder it has the potential to be full coverage. I have oily skin and this does not cover that up at all even though it doesn't claim to. Since I am oily it can rub off on my shirt or on my hand if I rub on my face, but I am fairly good at not touching it. I have broken out slightly after using this regularly so if you have super sensitive skin I wouldn't recommend this. Definitely not long lasting.
However, this is not the perfect foundation and not ideal, this is perfect if you are in a pinch and can't afford to replace your more high-end product right away. I used this during my first year of college when I couldn't afford to use up my pricey items. Since I am not big on instagram or anything, I cannot confirm or deny that the claims on the bottle are true (perfect in any lighting on camera).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The best for oily skin!

on 4/27/2017 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great foundation - made my sensitive skin freak out!

This foundation has a fabulous price point and blends beautifully on the skin. With a setting powder, it stays fresh-looking for the majority of the day. Unfortunately for me and my very sensitive, allergy-prone skin, it was just too harsh. It definitely smells a little chemically, and my cheeks (which have a little eczema) flared up immediately and felt rough in texture after wearing this 1x. I also noticed that I would experience a lot more breakouts and irritation on my skin after wearing.

Overall:
PROS
-blends well on skin
-stays in place, lasts a long time
-amazing price point
-cruelty-free

CONS
-smell
-too harsh for sensitive skin
-broke me out

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great coverage for my skin, but the lasting power is not there. I get a few hours at the most. A good thing is that it doesn't break me out, it's super cheap, and it doesn't oxidize on my skin. I prefer to use my fingers and apply to my cheeks where I have redness. Not bad but there are definitely better options. However if you have oily skin, this will not feel cakey.