wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this foundation so much. YouTube made it seem amazing. It doesn't work for me at all. I could look past the smell if it looked good. I have acne prone combination skin. This was so streaky and kept smudging and moving. Nothing has worked to make it not look like a pasty, cakey mess. Primer, moisturizer, setting powder, setting spray, tried with and without. It made my pores look huge and I don't usually have that problem, and made any blemish look even more visible.

on 4/12/2018 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily skin and large pores. I had hoped this foundation would be as great as everyone on youtube says it was, but it did not work for me AT ALL. The color turns orange after an hour and looks ridiculous, my pores looked HUGE even when using a primer, and it looked so uneven and muddy. I am shocked this worked out for people! On top of all of it, it caused me to breakout in a painfully large cyst on my chin! I guess I should expect something that smells like paint to clog the pores. I'm 30 and get minimal breakouts and this is the only culprit I have changed in my skin/makeup routine. I'll stick with my Estée Lauder. Going in the trash where it belongs.

I see the hype on youtube and wanted to try. But I don't get it, there is nothing special on this foundation. The texture is very watery, the coverage is thin and doesn't cover my flaws and not even out my redness. When I saw reviews on youtube I was kinda excited because I saw the coverage and the end result was amazing on the youtubers but I don't get the same result.

The smell is bad and I hate the applicator it causes a lot of mess on the bottle. Very disappointed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After knowing how my face reacts to their crappy foundation i stupidly tried this product.....it looked like a mask the whole evening, if i touched my face a smear was left behind. The next day (today) part of my face beside my nose is swollen it looks grotesque like i have some type of facial edema. Horrible cystic acne brewing the worst i've ever had. If you have any cystic acne probs steer clear of this horseshit. Plus when I first opened it the neck of the bottle was broken, if i had liked it I wouldve had to put it in a different container......turns out the trash container worked best.

on 5/11/2017 7:49:00 PM

The product felt very poorly made on my skin it's such a flop. It gathered in my pores (which are relatively small may I add) to the point where they looked like kiddie pools, the smell smells like your typical drugstore foundation not pleasant but tolerable. After about an hour or so it separated on my chin and under my eyes and my skin wasn't even oily yet. Yikes

I posted a review of this already, but after trying it out more, I decided to redo the review. Because I like it even less.
My Skin Type: I have super oily skin with dry patches that foundation likes to cling to. Lots of redness.

YAYS!
- I thought the shade range (online, at least) was impressive compared to others at the drugstore

MEHS
- The packaging was better than most, but I wasn't crazy about the spatula type applicator. I prefer pumps

BLEHCKS!
- It never set on my skin. I tried waiting, powder, setting spray, combinations of the three. Nothing helped. I would touch my face at different points throughout the day, and not only would it get on my hands, you could easily see where the makeup rubbed off.
- Watery formula. I found it difficult to add a second coat. I've also found that watery formulas cling to dry spots on my nose, and this one was no exception.
- The coverage seemed medium but it didn't cover my redness at all
- It was difficult to add powder products, no matter how long I waited for it to set
- Lasted maybe 3-4 hours okay, but I thought it looked bad right after application, so it was kinda hard to judge
- Not for those with sensitive smell! People were spot on about it smelling like paint. It didn't last long, but it still gave me a headache.

on 3/15/2017 12:28:00 PM

I had high hopes for this, despite mixed reviews. I've worn it the last 3 days, and tried different methods to make it work and I hated it each time. I'll be taking it back today. I bought it for a total of $6.35 at Walgreens in the color classic beige. I looked at the colors for a long time before I decided on this shade. I even grabbed revlon colorstay in 330 off the shelf to compare because I have that one at home and love the color. I don't mind the spatula but it is kind of weird because it's such a liquidy formula. I like the formula though because it doesn't feel heavy. I just dip the spatula in and out and wipe some on the back of my hand. Monday I used this with the smashbox pore minimizing primer, a bb to apply the foundation and used setting spray even though someone said it reacts weird. I thought it looked ok, nothing special. You could still see acne marks and my scarring. But all day I was paranoid I looked orange. I asked 3 people and even sent a picture to my friend but they all said I didn't look orange, 1 just said I was orange by my hairline. Most of the orangeyness WAS at the top by my hairline. Maybe it collects on vellus hairs in a bad way? I usually shave the white peach fuzz off my face but don't get too close because I don't want to accidently shave away at my hairline. It lasted well but I hated feeling like that. Yesterday I applied over benefit porefessional(I hate both of the primers mentioned btw but I'm using up porefessional and was testing the smashbox one) with an oval brush and my ud all nighter again. YUCK. This looked so weird, almost like crumbly and spotty I guess? I can't even describe it. And it looked like I didn't have anything on my chin. I feel like I'm so much more in tune with how things look on myself now since becoming an esthetician and since having a bad time with my skin. I wanted to rip my skin off yesterday and couldn't wait to get home and wash my face because I felt like I looked so horrible. Today I applied it with no primer and no setting spray with a beauty blender. Also the 1st and 3rd days I applied coty airspun all over with a brush. The 2nd day I applied the same powder with my bb. I still feel like today, with using two layers instead of one this time, it's not covering much or making my skin look that great and that weird chin thing is happening again. I also omitted bronzer on my perimeter thinking that was somehow making my hairline orange but nope, it's this. It still happened today. I've never paid attention to a foundation Oxidizing before because I didn't care but now I notice it and I hate it. My skin is textured/has acne scars, but it's neither oily nor dry. This makes me look like I have dry patches in some places. I thought this would be a nice lightweight/cheap foundation with good coverage for me because I thought a lot of people that hated it were very dry but this just sucks unfortunately. Still love you wnw but this was such a disappointment, I thought it was going to be great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

After hearing so many positive reviews, I decided to give it a try this morning. I am a 220 in Maybelline Fit Me Matte. W&W said that my color match would be Buff Bisque, however this was too light. I went with Golden Beige.The coverage was a solid medium to full. . The problem was that the foundation never "set". It still felt tacky an hour later, which is all i could stand having it on my face. Fit Me Matte is much more comfortable to wear and dries to a soft matte finish.

on 12/7/2017 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Price was great, shade range is really nice. No matter what primer or powder I use with this foundation it rubs off, creases, transfers and generally looks gross. I do find this oxidizes on me, and the “neutral” shades are just straight up pink. Texture is great, feels weightless on the skin with a nice natural high medium coverage.

on 6/26/2017 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This foundation is NOT for textured skin, if you have flaws, acne scars, discoloration, dry patches. Just skip this one. Granted, this foundations DOES look amazing in photos, it looks cakey in real life. The formula is sheer and can be built to medium coverage with lots of coats and it dries down with a heavy feel to it. *Scent!! It literally smells like a bucket of Sherwin Williams house paint! Not kidding. I applied 3 coats on my cheeks since I have acne scars on that area and when I was in the sunlight I realized this foundation enhanced every one of my pores and made my skin look "rough" like when you haven't exfoliated for a while. And the pores on my nose where gigantic craters, not cute!

I would recommend as an alternative for photography makeup but in real life this foundation does not provide much coverage and ends up feeling and looking cakey. Hard pass for me and my acne scars.