wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

After hearing so many positive reviews, I decided to give it a try this morning. I am a 220 in Maybelline Fit Me Matte. W&W said that my color match would be Buff Bisque, however this was too light. I went with Golden Beige.The coverage was a solid medium to full. . The problem was that the foundation never "set". It still felt tacky an hour later, which is all i could stand having it on my face. Fit Me Matte is much more comfortable to wear and dries to a soft matte finish.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this foundation so much. YouTube made it seem amazing. It doesn't work for me at all. I could look past the smell if it looked good. I have acne prone combination skin. This was so streaky and kept smudging and moving. Nothing has worked to make it not look like a pasty, cakey mess. Primer, moisturizer, setting powder, setting spray, tried with and without. It made my pores look huge and I don't usually have that problem, and made any blemish look even more visible.

I purchased this product because my local Ulta had a sale where it was 1/2 off among it being a commonly used foundation for a makeup artist I follow on social media. And well, this foundation did. not. disappoint! One of the largest issues I have with foundations are either shade range (honey I am casper's ghost pale) OR it seeps into my forehead wrinkles and smile lines and looks a mess. I did not (for the first time ever) have to purchase the lightest shade they had and out of all my foundations I have (including Urban Decay all nighter foundation) IT BARELY CREASES. It sits beautifully on the skin and lasts all day. Its just great. This has become one of my holy grail products. Great coverage medium-full, depending on how much you build on your face. Super breatheable and non-cakey. The packaging is even nice for how cheap it is. Wet N Wild done good.

on 4/12/2018 10:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily skin and large pores. I had hoped this foundation would be as great as everyone on youtube says it was, but it did not work for me AT ALL. The color turns orange after an hour and looks ridiculous, my pores looked HUGE even when using a primer, and it looked so uneven and muddy. I am shocked this worked out for people! On top of all of it, it caused me to breakout in a painfully large cyst on my chin! I guess I should expect something that smells like paint to clog the pores. I'm 30 and get minimal breakouts and this is the only culprit I have changed in my skin/makeup routine. I'll stick with my Estée Lauder. Going in the trash where it belongs.

on 4/5/2018 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have never bought an inexpensive foundation, but based on a recommendation I bought the Wet n Wild Photo Focus foundation.
It's terrific!
It's a 1 oz. size in a glass bottle with a spatula to transfer to your finger or put it directly on your face. I would have preferred a pump, but it's not that important.
The foundation goes on smoothly, blends well and most of all it covers all pores! The only negative is that you have to be fast when blending it or it will dry. I've used Estee and Lancôme and never had such a good experience.
It's not matte or dewy, it's extremely natural. Not cakey, not too heavy, nor too light. It's like your own skin, but better!
The lasting power is fabulous, I didn't have to re-touch it. It didn't settle into any lines and there was no oxidation whatsoever.
I'm fair, combo oily skin...this wasn't too drying or too "slick".
My skin is highly sensitive, but I had no reaction and it's fragrance free.
I bought the nude ivory, 363C. It's very hard to tell from photos, or from the bottle itself. I would have preferred a slightly pinker tone, but I'll definitely be using this every day.
I highly recommend this!

on 2/15/2018 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for about a month now. Overall I can say I like it, the coverage and the way it sets on my skin is good, it leaves a matte effect that I like but I know that if I was someoke with dry sky I would probably not like it that much. I only use it on work days and it stays on pretty well at least for the first 4 hours, as any other foundation I've used it starts to "melt" on and around my nose, but if I use a powder it stays longer.

It has not broke me out and that is very rare for a foundation, even high end foundations sometimes break me out. Fenty will still remain as my favorite but I call this one the "work foundation" and I'm pretty sure I'll keep repurchasing.

For finding your shade, I recommend that you go on their website and use their compareable tool, they list many other foundations and shades, then when you have 2 possible shades, go to the store and compare them. They have an undertone system too like neutral, cool etc so also be aware of your undertone.

on 1/14/2018 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love wnw fdtns as a rule (coverall, ultimate match, tinted moisturizer, THIS.).......it does have an unpleasant odor-aroma of paint with this. But wnw fdtn are good for oily skinned people. The spatula is an interesting addition. For $6 this is pretty good but discovering your shade can be an arcane process .and wnw is cruelty free (which is awesome!!!) I use wnw reserve your cabana powder for glowy skin.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

First thing the packaging. UGH I hate dump bottles and I took that stupid spatula thing out. The actual formula, however is amazing except the smell, but that goes away after a little while. Its a very liquidity formula, very thin. It is a buildable foundation as its so thin. it covers fairly decently and I love the range of shades and undertones I was able to find one with a neutral undertone instead of yellow which is very typical of drugstore foundation. I will buy another when I finish this bottle, but I want to see if I can find a pump next time. If you haven't tried it yet I recommend it highly.

on 12/7/2017 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Price was great, shade range is really nice. No matter what primer or powder I use with this foundation it rubs off, creases, transfers and generally looks gross. I do find this oxidizes on me, and the “neutral” shades are just straight up pink. Texture is great, feels weightless on the skin with a nice natural high medium coverage.

on 11/19/2017 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I do have to say I'm so sad this didn't work out on me!! My roommate bought it and said she loved it(although she has beautiful porcelain skin) and I can't pass up a good wet n wild product so I gave it a try. The shade matched up pretty well and covered my imperfections and problem skin well enough for me to be satisfied. I really enjoyed the wear honestly. The smell of this threw me off for sure, very prominent weird smell for a foundation with no spf. This stuff broke my skin out so bad unfortunately so I can't use it again. For someone with healthy balanced skin or a first time foundation for someone just getting into make up, this might be awesome for you though!