Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

2.9

This is one of my favourite inexpensive foundations. I was able to find a colour with a slightly pink base which matches my skin tone. It covers well without settling into my lines too deeply. About halfway through the day, my nose needs a touch up, but I've not yet found a foundation that doesn't need a touch up on my nose.

on 9/19/2017 12:32:00 AM

This is my favorite cheap foundation. Covers well. Only bad thing is that I tend to look oily mid day even I use this, I must powder my nose! I'm also not a darn of the smell. I find the product hard to remove when the product is about 3/4 gone.

I do use this on days I don't want to use my good makeup though! Definitely covers well.

on 9/12/2017 8:22:00 PM

I was surprised by how much i liked this foundation. It has such a natural looking finish and is easily build-able. Not cakey at all and blends beautifully. My only complaint is it does smell a bit paste-ey but it doesn't linger too long.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I think this foundation is great for the price. It is medium-to-full coverage, looks great in flash photography, and leaves me with a dewy and fresh looking finish. I find that this look better when applied with a sponge as opposed to a brush. It usually takes me about two "spatulas" worth of product for a full face, but I have visible acne scarring.

My biggest issues with this foundation are the smell and the packaging. There is no pump, but a spatula with which you have to use to deposit the product onto the back of your hand before application. But for like $6, I wouldn't expect much else.

on 9/1/2017 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin, thus:

Pros:
*medium to medium- high coverage.
*looks like skin (seriously the finish is gorgeous)
*can be layered
*long wearing
*easy to apply with fingers/brush/sponge.
*fragrance free
*nice shade range with natural tones
*affordable and accessible

Cons:
* smells like house paint
*I can feel it on my skin through the the day
*doesn't control oil
* I had more BREAKOUTS/clogged pores when I was using it. (If this was the foundation's fault or caused by the amount of Nyx Matte Loose powder I had to use to keep myself matte and smooth looking throughout the day I'm not sure. That said Im still using that powder and Im breaking out a lot less since I stopped using it. YMMV)

This is a decent foundation, its just not for my skin type in this weather (the hot, humid weather of my city exacerbates the issue). It would be better for people with normal and combination skin not prone to acne.

The deal breaker for me is the fact that I can feel it on my skin. I hate that. Also, I'm worried that it seems to be causing clogged pores and breakouts.

So far my favorite Drugstore foundation is Loreal Pro matte because its weightless (can't feel it), I can layer it to get high coverage and it has a radiant, velvet matte finish that stays that way for most of the day. I prefer it even though the Finish of WNW Photo Focus is so much more skin like and I have to use a brush with Pro Matte or it looks like crap.

I won't repurchase or use ever again, and I took two lippies off because it breaks me out, I can FEEL IT on my skin all day (itchy and annoying), and it smells like house paint.

on 8/30/2017 11:18:00 AM

Holy buckets!

Another product I came across thanks to the YouTube beauty community.

I've always been skeptical of Wet n Wild simply because of the price. I'd buy their lipsticks now and again because they were cheap, but I rarely bought any face products. Though the formulas aren't always better for pricier items, they typically contain better ingredients that don't irritate my hella acne-prone skin as much as their cheaper counterparts. The YouTube community was raving however so, given it's AWESOME price point, I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was so pleasantly surprised! The shade matched perfectly (which is super hard for me because I'm fair, but warm-toned, which typically comes across too yellow), the coverage is full but your skin still looks like your skin (no "mask" effect), the formula was incredibly easy to work with and it lasted all day long, even on my oil-slick of a face! Just like any other foundation, this one works best with a primer and/or a setting spray, but DAMN! Wet n Wild is stepping it up!

Some of their other newer items that I'm in love with are their Liquid Catsuit liquid matte lipsticks and their new highlighters are ON POINT.

on 6/26/2017 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This foundation is NOT for textured skin, if you have flaws, acne scars, discoloration, dry patches. Just skip this one. Granted, this foundations DOES look amazing in photos, it looks cakey in real life. The formula is sheer and can be built to medium coverage with lots of coats and it dries down with a heavy feel to it. *Scent!! It literally smells like a bucket of Sherwin Williams house paint! Not kidding. I applied 3 coats on my cheeks since I have acne scars on that area and when I was in the sunlight I realized this foundation enhanced every one of my pores and made my skin look "rough" like when you haven't exfoliated for a while. And the pores on my nose where gigantic craters, not cute!

I would recommend as an alternative for photography makeup but in real life this foundation does not provide much coverage and ends up feeling and looking cakey. Hard pass for me and my acne scars.

I see the hype on youtube and wanted to try. But I don't get it, there is nothing special on this foundation. The texture is very watery, the coverage is thin and doesn't cover my flaws and not even out my redness. When I saw reviews on youtube I was kinda excited because I saw the coverage and the end result was amazing on the youtubers but I don't get the same result.

The smell is bad and I hate the applicator it causes a lot of mess on the bottle. Very disappointed.

on 6/14/2017 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this foundation for the price! They have quite a few color options, but they were a little confusing. The best I could do in the store was look at the bottle and look at my skin. I just know is that I'm fair and neutral. My Walgreen's wasn't stocked super great when I went, but I picked up Nude Ivory. (A week or so later I saw another shade that probably would've matched me slightly better, at another retailer, but that's okay.) Nude Ivory is a pretty decent match, but a tad dark for my skin. It's soooo slightly too dark. Not a big deal, I blend it down my neck and it looks perfect.
The formula does indeed smell like paint but it dissipates fairly quickly and I don't notice it after I'm done doing my makeup. I'm not a huge fan of the spatula situation. It's not bad. I'd just prefer a pump, but I know that'd make it more costly so I get why they don't do it. It's such an affordable foundation and I appreciate that so much. Sometimes I don't want to purchase a $40 foundation, because geeze that's spendy. I'm so glad Wet n Wild exists as a brand and they keep their stuff affordable and cruelty-free! Anyways, I digress.
Wearing this I noticed that if I use too much it does indeed get cakey. I think this is probably a medium coverage foundation, but I prefer a lighter coverage foundation these days so I use just a dab on my cheeks, forehead, and chin and blend it out with a beauty blender or my real techniques sponge. I find this works super well. I set it with the Wet N Wild "Bronzer" in the shade "Reserve Your Cabana" lightly, as if I pack on this powder too much you can see that it's too dark for my skintone. (I love this powder btw.) This sets my makeup really well and makes the finish look flawless.
I find this foundation lasts all day on my skin and I haven't noticed a break out specifically from this product, but of course as with any product YMMV.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After knowing how my face reacts to their crappy foundation i stupidly tried this product.....it looked like a mask the whole evening, if i touched my face a smear was left behind. The next day (today) part of my face beside my nose is swollen it looks grotesque like i have some type of facial edema. Horrible cystic acne brewing the worst i've ever had. If you have any cystic acne probs steer clear of this horseshit. Plus when I first opened it the neck of the bottle was broken, if i had liked it I wouldve had to put it in a different container......turns out the trash container worked best.