Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.3

on 12/15/2017 11:37:00 AM

Loved this foundation, it makes your skin look flawless. However, it broke me out pretty bad.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product smells weird and broke me up badly. I have sensitive, combination skin that is very acne-prone. I bought it as I heard many good things from influencers on YouTube, try it at your own risk!

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I was very surprised at how much I liked this foundation, which is now a holy grail for me. First, the price: $4.68 at walmart. Got it in the shade Peach Natural, which I was also skeptical of, but the bottle recommended this color for light-medium, cool toned skin, and it works well. In the winter I mix it with a little bit of rose ivory. My skin is normally NW20-25, leaning a bit more toward NW25.

I have rosacea, so I need coverage, but I really don't like foundation, normally. I would consider this to be a medium coverage, and it feels very light on the skin. Very blendable. I apply with my fingers, using a Qtip to get the product off of the spatula so that I don't contaminate the product. If I could change only one thing, it would be to add a pump. It evens out my skin tone nicely, and lasts about 7-8 hours. It doesn't completely cover my rosacea, but it definitely makes me believe that I can go out in public again! The feel is quite velvety, and I don't find that it settles into lines or wrinkles, but that may have something to do with my makeup routine, since I can see that others have had that issue. I apply a thin layer of moisturizer, followed by Kiss My Face sunscreen, followed by Monistat Chafing Gel as a primer before using the Photofocus.

I have to say that I am really pleased with this--it is the best foundation I've ever tried, and that says a lot for a 59 year old grandmother who has tried everything, high to low end. My skin is combo, for reference. The paint smell is weird, but it dissipates quickly. Sold!

I only publish reviews of products that I truly believe in, and I use most of my reviewed products every day, long term. I am an ordinary woman trying to find what works without breaking the bank!

on 11/22/2017 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had to write a review on this because I pulled it out of my drawer and used it today for the first time in weeks. This is a solid product. It makes my skin look beautiful! Lasts all day too! I put this above many of my high-end foundations. I have the color buff-beige and it's a perfect match for my winter complexion. Not a fan of any other wet n wild products, but this one blows me away! I prefer high coverage foundations but they are usually matte, this one is very dewy, really it makes my skin glow. Contouring with the benefit cheek parade palette looks really beautiful on top of this foundation. Packaging is slightly odd but I take no points off for that because of how happy I was every time I looked in the mirror today 😏

Jury is still out on this for me. I like the coverage and finish, but I bought this over the summer when I had a tan and so now the color is too dark for me (buff bisque). I just haven't had time to go out and get a lighter color. It does have a little bit of a chemical, almost gasoline like smell to it which is off-putting. Not too jazzed about the spatula but I put it on a mixing palette instead of directly on my face to avoid cross-contamination, so it's not the end of the world (best option if you're also using on a client).

on 11/19/2017 3:50:00 PM

I do have to say I'm so sad this didn't work out on me!! My roommate bought it and said she loved it(although she has beautiful porcelain skin) and I can't pass up a good wet n wild product so I gave it a try. The shade matched up pretty well and covered my imperfections and problem skin well enough for me to be satisfied. I really enjoyed the wear honestly. The smell of this threw me off for sure, very prominent weird smell for a foundation with no spf. This stuff broke my skin out so bad unfortunately so I can't use it again. For someone with healthy balanced skin or a first time foundation for someone just getting into make up, this might be awesome for you though!

on 11/13/2017 12:32:00 AM

For ref, I'm NC37 and I got the shade Golden Beige and here`s my take:-

Pros
Cheap
smells like all ordinary foundation.. its chemical base! it doesnt lasts upon application
goes well with my stippling brush and i needed 2 scoops of spatula
photos really well as the product prides itself !! This was designed for selfies in mind. Also it does not contain SPF (part of that flawless finish will be attributed to this)

Cons
I didnt like the spatula .. not hygienic ...wished it came with a pump
it does oxidizes, looking darker and i did feel I shoulda' got Soft Bisque instead

Recommend?
If you lov selfies .. buy!.

on 11/6/2017 10:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this foundation after hearing alot of hype about how wonderful it is - it's not wonderful at all (on my skin) looked gross.
It was extremly cheap...it looked and felt extremly cheap on the face.
No coverage. Horrible consistancy..I actually threw this in the bin after that first application ..just pointless wasting time with it. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for!

Ignoring the fact that my country does not carry a good selection of colors and I didn't match myself perfectly, I think this foundation is pretty good. It's not the best, it's not my favorite but it's not bad at all and I don't regret purchasing. It's inexpensive, it has medium coverage, has a matte finish and it looks good. I wouldn't recommend it to dry skin though, I'd say it's more suited to normal and combination skin types. Also, the packaging is weird, I mean what is that applicator? why the glass bottle? I don't get the packaging decisions but the product itself is pretty decent. Is it the foundation that's gonna change your life? Probably not. Is it over hyped to the max? Heck yeah BUT: is it a good product considering the price? YES! It lasts 6 hours on my combination skin looking great, it blends easily, it's not patchy, it doesn't break me out.....it's nice.

on 10/25/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First thing first- this foundation is way over-hyped!

I think that all the mixed reviews are due to the fact that this foundation more suitable for oily skin type. If you’re a normal - dry skin u need to prep your skin very well, otherwise, you’ll end up looking like a cakey mess! It’s also cling to dry patches, not to mention the offensive smell.

That being said, it •can• look beautifully,
second-skin like, thanks to the natural finish-
not overly Matt, definitely not dewy.
But u have to work quickly Because it dries in a split second!
All & all, its such a hustle to make it work, Its not even worth the affordable price tag.
*Update: I tried several different primers/moisturizer/ application technique... the end result remains the same: cake face & emphasize texture! (I don’t have any skin-issues)
And I've never experienced anything like this with others foundations to that extent (I own more than 30) Save your money!!!