Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.3

on 9/27/2017 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm very fair and very cool toned and the shade rose ivory is really good match. Evens out my skin tone. Just be sure to add a blush/light bronzer after because this is very pale and pink toned and can look..interesting without anything else. the staying power is average but I'd buy again if I ran out.

on 7/28/2017 5:35:00 PM

This foundation is worth a try, but not my favorite drugstore foundation. The spatula applicator is great, I wish more brands would do this to avoid mess. The smell is terrible! It makes me wonder what sort of chemicals could possibly be in this. It's a medium coverage foundation, but buildable. It dries pretty quick on the face so be sure to blend it in quickly. I have oily skin and it gives me a semi-matte look, but after a couple of hours I needed a touch up with my face powder. I mean.. it's super cheap and worth a try.

Ugh wanted to like this foundation so bad because so many Youtubers were raving about it...

BUT...

-The smell is SO strong like paint
-Broke me out TERRIBLE and I never get zits
-Feels oily like it never dries down
-Emphasizes dry patches that I didn't even know I had
-Separated badly on the skin
-& lastly gathered in my pored to where it looked like I had little dots of foundation on my skin and my pores aren't even big

Overall..a BUST! But foundations react differently on everybody so for the price it may work for you.

On a budget, this is a decent foundation. The packaging with the spatula is fantastic! It does smell strongly of paint, but not enough to bother me. I do like the feel of the dry down of the foundation. Not dewy, but a dry touch. It has medium coverage. Doesn't have super long staying power though. Maybe nice for quick makeup days where you don't need makeup to last all day. It is a maybe repurchase for me.

I'm currently loving this foundation for my eyeryday use! It's inexpensive and I don't feel guilty using it for work everyday. It has a nice thin liquid texture, looks really natural on the skin, and very build-able. It lasts well throughout the work day on me without breaking up, and when I use a setting powder it looks just as fresh as in the morning. I have normal to dry skin and this doesn't look cakey on me. For reference I'm about a nc35 in mac and I use the shade golden beige. It's perfect!

on 4/28/2017 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’ve been testing and experimenting with the WnW Photo Focus foundation for a few weeks now. After finding the right combination of products and application techniques I can say that this stuff works for me and I like it a lot more than I thought I would. The finish is between matte and satin in my opinion and it really does seem to have ‘blurring’ properties to it – I actually prefer it over MUFE Ultra HD which is a bit too dewy/shiny for my oily skin. I use a damp sponge to apply and get great results. I’d say that it has light-medium coverage as I’ve been using more than usual to get to the medium coverage that I want. I agree with other reviewers that it isn’t particularly long-wearing and it does transfer more easily (I wouldn’t recommend it if you wear glasses or tend to touch your face a lot), but I have been mostly able to combat these issues by using my damp sponge to apply my loose HD setting powder. Before I did this I definitely had issues with it breaking down after a few hours, but not anymore. I have fairly oily skin but somehow it stays in check when I do this. Overall, it’s a great foundation on its own in my opinion, but the price makes it even more amazing. I will definitely repurchase. For reference, I am NC25-30 and would have bought Soft Beige (for light-medium warm skin) but my store was out. Instead, I bought Golden Beige (for medium warm skin) and added in a touch of Porcelain (for fair warm skin) and got a good match.

on 4/28/2017 10:13:00 AM

This foundation looks fine at first but at like 3 hours into the day my face looks crepey and oily. Will not be using this again.

on 4/4/2017 12:43:00 AM

~Things i liked about product
Loved the bottle!
Looks nice on skin when applied with a beauty blender type of sponge.
So many shades to choose from!
Most of the shades are online, most of the stores don't carry all of the shades.

~Things i hated about product
Does not blend well with a brush.
When product sets it gets darker.
Looks horrible with matching powder.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a very surprisingly impressive foundation. I say that not because it is $5.99; I have used and loved Rimmel's Lasting Finish foundation for years and it's in the same price range as this, so I knew that there was a fair chance it would be a winner. I say that because I was not thrilled with WnW's Coverall cream foundation and had my concerns that this would follow in that tradition.

This foundation is easy to apply, a very liquidy consistency that dries down somewhat quickly to a natural (not dewy, not matte) finish. I used a Beauty Blender because, well, nobody wants foundation all over their hands if they can avoid it, and I'm not a huge fan of foundation brushes.

It sheers out to anywhere between a light to medium coverage depending on how much you apply. I prefer a full coverage foundation, but for an everyday look I am fine with medium. I applied a layer to my face and upper neck and then a second coat to areas I felt needed extra coverage. It is layerable to an extent, but don't expect full coverage from this one.

With a primer and being set with powder, this doesn't emphasize pores or settle in fine lines, and wears exceptionally well. It has a light feeling on the skin. I have noted a slight paint-like odor to it, but this literally disappears immediately as it is being applied. Really, really not a big deal.

Even disregarding the reasonable price tag, this is a great medium coverage, perfect for daytime foundation that looks and feels natural on the skin. There are several shades available in store (I'm in Soft Beige), but many more online. The glass tube is a step up from WnW, and the spatula applicator does help in getting the product out. Yes, a pump would be ideal but I'm fine with it as-is. I would highly recommend.

on 3/14/2017 2:28:00 PM

50+ normal skin. This is a great ds foundation. Probably the only reviewer here thay used fingers to apply. Good coverage, good finish