Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This works wonderfully and beautifully -if- I moisturize and prime my skin. If I'm in a rush and don't prep my face, it looks terrible; flaky and dry. It dries out so much that it looks like my skin is starting to peel from a sunburn. I do have very dry skin anyway, but I am very shocked at how much this highlights and worsens that. So, the amount of time that I waste trying to make this look good is not worth it for me. I will have to move on to something different. I have a hunch that people with oily skin will like this a lot; but for those with very dry skin, I think you'll want to pass on this one.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

For reference; my favourite foundation is Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea, for which I wear Fair Neutral. I went for Porcelain in Photo Focus - a teensy bit too yellow toned, but it blends easily to a great match.

Photo Focus is wonderful for this time of year; My skin is dry and sensitive and the weather makes it worse, so I need something that won't feel heavy, or show up the dry patches and make my skin flake. This feels so light and silky on my skin and blending is easy (a damp beauty sponge is my preferred application method). Once blended, the results are a smooth satin finish, with build-able sheer to medium coverage. The feel and finished look of Photo Focus reminds me of my old favourite foundation; the discontinued Max Factor Xperience Weightless foundation.

I've found Photo Focus to be transfer resistant and I've worn with a primer, without one, with powder and alone; It is long lasting and gives a natural, un-cakey look any way I wear it, but I do recommend using the Wet n Wild Photo Focus setting spray for a really long wear time, as I prefer the natural look that combo gives the most. I'm really liking this and can't find any real negative points with it; the smell is a small niggle, but it fades before I can pinpoint it, so it's nowhere near as strong as reviewers & vloggers lead me to believe it would be.

Photo Focus is not my favourite foundation, but it's very close - Rainforest Of The Sea just feels more moisturizing and refreshing as it's water based. However when I'm cracking down on how much I spend and can't justify the expense of Rainforest Of The Sea [or when QVC UK runs out of my shade & take forever to restock], I'll very happily buy this again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked the formula and the low price. I think I would buy this again!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Purchased as I was looking for a cruelty free, well priced foundation. Purchased on line. Had concern that the porcelain color would be too yellow from the photo on line but was perfect to use for cool toned very fair skin. Was very surprised how well the color matched. Much better than many high end foundations.

Formula is thick and I have very dry skin. I used a primer over moisturizer. Applied with fingers to control amount of foundation. Buffed with a blender sponge by Tarte. Looked amazing. What truly surprised me is that it lasted all day. Most foundations I've used disappear into my skin before my day is over.

Highly recommend

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product is one of the best foundations in the drugstore, and I know the makeup industry well. It takes great photos, possesses high blendability, enhances skin's appearance, and gives healthy but not over the top glow. It is a stunning foundation on and I would/have/do put it head-to-head with Maybelline Fit Me and Revlon Colorstay, fairly beloved drugstore foundations.