Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Other
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.0

on 9/8/2017 11:01:00 PM

I'm still in awe at how much WnW has stepped up their game. This is a surprisingly excellent foundation for the price especially. It has a good variety of colors and undertones (at least in the light and medium area :/...) In the 1990s and 2000s, I tried WAY worse drugstore foundation for way more money that were terrible in comparison to this.

Now- granted I have tried better. But all of those were far more expensive- like, was the Nars foundation I tried 10X better? No. Not really.

I will grant I am kind of at a honeymoon phase with my skin. I'm old enough that, though I am still oily it isn't like it was 20 years ago, nor do I have acne or break out much yet I don't have fine lines yet. So. Best skin of my life right now, don't need crazy coverage and thus I might have hated this as a 20 something. Mostly I just need to even out a bit and combat the redness I get from rosacea.

It is a real medium coverage- not full, for sure. Doesn't incline to streak which is great. It is a bit more visible as makeup than say, my gold standard for "super, natural" skin (Nyx BB which is too light at the moment). Does stick to dry bits- be sure to moisturize! It applies easily and smoothly for me; I didn't find it a particularly fiddly one to get even, though it sets pretty fast actually.

It lasts quite well on me- again, I've owned slightly better but after 7 hours at work in 90 degrees, it hasn't broken down, though I did set it with loose powder. I am VERY oily-skinned, so I break about 75% of foundations down by mid-day, so this one lasts better than most.

It did not oxidize noticeably.

I mean. It is great if you need a good daily foundation, and don't want to spend $$$ to use a fabulous, fabulously expensive one when you're just going to go to work. Not the best thing ever, yes it has a scent (I found it dissipated in a short time so whatever), but looks very good and is super cheap and has a decent selection of color. I will definitely use it regularly, and yes I would probably choose a more expensive, slightly better formula for an event, but many days this is plenty good.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good affordable foundation that goes on good and looks natural. Does smell like paint tho.

on 8/15/2017 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

really wanted to love this foundation.. i have normal skin which is dry only on my nose to unibrow area which unfortunately is the first part of my face that gets oily later on in the day. i like how they label the packaging with its undertone, it made it easier for me to pick one out. i apply it with a sponge, it isn't the easiest to blend but i didn't mind. there was a weird smell but for me it wasn't too strong that i smelled it all the time and it does disappear when you apply it. it did cling to my dry area, but after it all set it looked gorgeous! unfortunately my awe didn't last too long.

i wore it to work (6+ hours) and when my nose became oily it was horrible, the foundation on that area disappeared! i tried it again the next day with primer underneath - same result. however, the rest of my face was still okay. i did use setting powder and spray on both occasions.

overall, i was disappointed. i loved the price (7.99CAD regular, got it for 5.99CAD) loved the labelling with undertones, shade range could be better. if only it cooperated with oiliness. but if you don't have oily skin, i say go for it! i see people finding ways to make it work for them, maybe i will do that when i have the time, but right now i don't see the need to make a foundation work if there are still a lot others to try.

I really don't like this product. I feel like all the Youtubers must have been paid to sell this product because it works terrible. It looked great at first, but after having the product on for a couple of hours it began looking cakey. I will stick with my regular product.

on 4/7/2017 7:03:00 PM

For starters, I have very dehydrated skin. I don't have any flakey patches or specific dry areas, just all around parched kind of look. The first day I tried this, it stayed on well throughout the ENTIRE day, except the nose area. It didn't feel heavy on my skin, but it was the type of foundation where when you touched your face....you think "oh sh*t, I'm going to ruin my makeup" you know? It was heavy without feeling heavy. The second time, I use the Artis Oval 7 brush (first time was a beauty sponge) and it emphasized my pores, looked heavy and dry. This is partially due to my dry skin so take it with a grain of salt. I even mixed it with LA Girl's illuminating foundation. I will play around with this more but my first impression was that it was better than expected, just not ideal after the second use. It was worth the money and much better than Loreal Pro Glow!