wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.4

This foundation is just ok for me. It does make my combo/oily skin matte and provides good coverage, though I found it settles into lines and around my nose a bit. It does smell like paint but the scent dissipates. The price is good for the quality. I like the glass bottle, though the spatula application can get a bit messy. I'd much prefer if it was a pump!

Overall, it's a fine foundation but there are other drug store options I like better.

on 1/14/2019 11:49:00 AM

I was so interested in trying out this foundation but I have to say I was quite disappointed. First of all, I think the shade range is quite off. The lightest colors are way to light and ashy and have pink undertones and then it skips to dark, way to yellow/orange shades. That aside, I feel like it looks bad on the skin. I don't know what people love about it so much. I have tried to make it work in so many ways, yet I'm never happy with the result. I tried it on bare skin with no primer and it cracked around my nose and it was very visible around my mouth, forehead etc. I tried it again with a really good moisturizer and a luminous primer and yet again, it looked dry around the nose. What i look for in a foundation is decent coverage but a natural finish. This one is way too obvious on the skin, not as long lasting as other people say it is. I can see this working for people with oily skin and no texture on their skin. On me it looks almost like flour on top of my skin, very powdery. I tried using setting sprays on top to melt it into the skin but at the end of the day, there are so many foundations out there that don't require so much work and look good, fresh and natural on the skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. I bought it because it was cheap and I wanted to give it a try. God knows I don't need anymore makeup let alone foundation. I don't mind the smell because it has no artificial fragrance in it. If it did, I would break out into a rash. The smell is the natural chemicals in the foundation, which I'm 100 percent fine with. The formula is GREAT! I was really surprised. It's far better than EL doublewear and Revlon's colorstay. It kept me matte all day and night. For reference I wore Paula's choice primer underneath it and Colorscience spf 50 body sunscreen underneath that. It does not transfer either. It's 28 degrees here, where I live. I'm wearing a turtleneck, a hat, scarf, etc and no makeup mess on my clothes. I also wore it to a museum where the heat was cranked up and I sweated like a mother f*cker and my makeup stayed in place like nothing I've ever seen with no transfer. It gives you medium coverage right off the bat. It would be really hard to get light coverage on this. The bottle can get messy, but I don't care because the makeup is only $4.00. The color I got is SHELL IVORY. It has a beige undertone which I don't like. It did oxidize a bit on me. I wanted something a tad lighter with yellow undertone. (I bought this online on Amazon). I also bought porcelain which was ghostly on me. I also bought ROSE IVORY which is the EXACT same shade as SHELL IVORY -wtf? I will need to buy a better shade because I love this makeup. It also blends really fast - unlike EL's doublewear which takes me forever to get right.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I prefer powder usually but I needed better coverage and picked this up. I'm really happy with it.

on 12/11/2018 3:42:00 PM

I'm actually super impressed with this foundation. For $8 CAD, it's the most affordable foundation at the drugstore, and might actually be my new fav! I love the Wet n Wild powder highlighters so much, I thought I'd try out some of their other products. So glad I did!

The foundation does have a bit of a paint-like smell, only really noticeable if you're wafting the bottle under your nose lol. I love that it has different undertone options, and that the undertone is stated right on the bottle. I got the Rose Ivory one, with a cool undertone, and it is PERFECT. I was using the Nyx Can't Stop Won't Stop, but I find it's a little drying for the winter months, and I ended up buying the wrong undertone because it doesn't say on the bottle :( The shade is perfect and this is the FIRST TIME I've ever had a truly matching undertone in my foundation. So happy!

The Photo Focus foundation from Wet n Wild has a great consistency, not too thick so it's easy to blend around your face with just a little! The paddle is weird and probably not the most hygienic, but it doesn't really bother me. It's easy enough to transfer from the paddle to a sponge instead of directly on your face.

The foundation applies nicely, sets nicely, and still looks great at the end of my work day. It seems to play well with my fav skincare products, primers, and makeup products. No complaints from me!

Was pleasantly surprised, particularly by the color range that offered a viable choice (Golden Beige) for my light, yellow-toned Asian coloration. The scent is vaguely paint like, which is preferable to a fake and skin-irritating perfumery. It takes a while to set and the coverage is medium. The effect is smooth, and if I were young again and line-free I would be absolutely delighted. The paddle is unusual but serviceable, and I have nothing but praise for the “cruelty-free” pledge. All in all, worth trying for $6.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

When I first bought this foundation and tried it out, I hated it. It looked dry and chalky and cakey and didn't have great coverage. I didn't understand what the hype was about and swore I'd never use it again. Then I realized the reason it looked so crappy and chalky was because the line runs extremely light, and I needed to go up at least 3 shades. Literally the same thing happened to me with maybelline fit me matte and poreless. I went out and repurchased it and it actually looks amazing, soft blurring matte finish that lasts all day on my oily skin. It's definitely in the top 5 best foundations at the drugstore, especially for the price.

on 10/28/2018 12:01:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Did not work for me. Too drying and cakey looking as well as by the end of the day half of it is off my face even after setting it, Not enough coverage and it definitely streaks when applied with a brush

on 8/23/2018 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

OK, so I've used this four times--wanted to give it a fair try. I got Rose Ivory, I'm fair, neutral leaning cool.

PROS
Good coverage but not too heavy
Nice finish (though too matte for me)
Good wear time
Inexpensive, readily available

CONS
Awful smell, and I don't have a great sense of smell. Though it does dissipate quickly.
Way too flat/matte for my dry skin
Emphasizes deeper wrinkles

I did try applying with a brush, fingers, damp sponge; no real difference. The last time I mixed some oil with it, but other than thinning it (perhaps reducing coverage?), it didn't make a difference or create a dewier finish. Though it also didn't oxidize or break down from adding the oil. Too late to return, going into the declutter box. Not bad, probably great for oilier skin or those who like a matte finish, just not for me.

on 8/20/2018 4:05:00 AM

I LOVE this foundation and I don't love many. *I bought the Soft Ivory shade*
As an acne and rosacea sufferer, I've tried every foundation under the sun and honestly, none compare to how good this feels on my skin. It's light, blends so well with my beauty blender and has a lovely skin feel and look finish.

I really wish it had a pump applicator instead of the little spatula thing but I found that after a couple goes I was able to get the right amount on my blender and blissfully tap away on my skin. It also pairs amazingly well with its concealer from the same range which was my first and favourite purchase from Wet n Wild.

I find it lasts really well throughout the day but I don't expect my makeup to last over 12hrs, nor and I looking for that level of gunk on my sensitive face. I do set my concealer with a bit of powder from LA Girl and a spritz of Essence fixing spray all over and I feel good to go for the day without touchups. If I'm having a problematic day with redness that burns through which is just a rosacea treat (sighs), then I will touch up with some concealer in that area or drink a ton of water, whichever is closer. But burn through is something I've had with all foundations, least of all with this one, it feels much lighter and gentler on my sensitive skin.

I also love any foundation that looks like skin and doesn't cake or wear away in patches which I feel this one doesn't!

As a cruelty-free makeup user, WW is by far my favourite!

Also, I totally recommend trying the Oil Cleansing Method, it has been a life and skin changing find!!!