Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.3

This is one of my favourite inexpensive foundations. I was able to find a colour with a slightly pink base which matches my skin tone. It covers well without settling into my lines too deeply. About halfway through the day, my nose needs a touch up, but I've not yet found a foundation that doesn't need a touch up on my nose.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I like this foundation. I do not love it, but I would probably repurchase it. It smells like latex wall paint, but I have gotten used to that. The coverage is nice, and the shade selection is amazing for drug store--and it does not oxidize on me at all, which is rare in less expensive foundations. I like applying this with a buffing brush and setting with powder. As the day wears on it goes from matte to satin-y, which I am fine with, but if you have oily skin you'd probably want to use a mattifying primer with this. The glass bottle the product comes in is nice and heavy, and it looks pretty fancy for such an inexpensive product, but I think Wet n Wild really messed up by not putting this in a pump bottle. The product is too runny for the little spatula thingie to be very effective and a pump would've been so much more sanitary and thoughtful.

on 9/27/2017 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm very fair and very cool toned and the shade rose ivory is really good match. Evens out my skin tone. Just be sure to add a blush/light bronzer after because this is very pale and pink toned and can look..interesting without anything else. the staying power is average but I'd buy again if I ran out.

on 9/25/2017 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I had such high hopes for this foundation after seeing everyone on youtube rave about it.

Unfortunately, it didn't work as well for me as for other people.

I have dry skin with a slightly oily T-zone. This foundation makes my dry areas look drier and my oily parts look oilier.

The coverage is fine for what I like, which is low to medium.

The smell is horrible, and the texture feels very liquid, almost oily.

The spatula on it sucks, but for the price, I can't complain.

Overall, would not purchase again. Very disappointed.

on 9/20/2017 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I deleted my first review of this foundation which was Jan 2017 - when it was brand new. There were only about three shades available to choose from in-store, and the one I picked was ghastly too light and I hated it. It was super dry, emphasized all my dry skin - even though I'm highly combo (so both oily and dry). Now that it's been out for almost a year - I decided to try this foundation again, since I found a shade that is almost identical to my skin tone (Soft Beige). I am mostly looking for a foundation that is light/medium, doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I have tried Revlon Colorstay (too heavy for my needs), Covergirl Outlast (same thing, too heavy), Physicians Formula, Burts Bees BB (too moisturizing), Tarte, Rimmel foundations (good, but still a bit too heavy but would still use over others), and then my HG NYX Total Control (the best foundation for my skin, I've used a full bottle).

I give this four lippies because for the cheap price ($4.98 is what I paid), the amount you get, the solid nice bottle (except wish it had pump) -- it's a really good CHEAP simple/basic foundation. Also, after side to side comparison on my face applied with a buffing brush - this foundation looks identical on my skin as my $13.99 HG NYX Total Control foundation. So identical that I couldn't tell the difference between the two on my face. My NYX shade is "Natural" and is a little more yellow than WnW's "Soft Beige" which pulls yellow but a little more pink (so neutral), but once applied to my face, you can't tell at all. It must just neutralize out. But the finish on my skin is EXACT (with moisturizer). I was blown away. That's a $9 price difference for me-- and WnW is a full ounce, NYX is barely .5 an ounce for $9 more.

If I prep my skin with my daily moisturizer well before I apply this (which I do anyways) it works very well for me with combo skin. I start out dry and turn oily by 4 hours. With moisturizing properly (which takes me seconds) - this stuff can look just a little powdery on my forehead (notorious spot for me) but I spray with a matte setting spray - and after an hour or two it settles into my skin and looks very natural. I highly recommend giving this a try if you've haven't tried it, or are looking for a cheap, basic foundation to cover discoloration/melasma, light scarring - I think it's great. It also is talc free, just like NYX. I think the NYX and this foundation are pretty identical in ingredients, but the NYX is obviously much runnier in consistency but this one blended out easily. I don't wear heavy foundation, and only dot it on a few places on my face and then blend out with a RT buffing brush for light coverage - so if you are looking for that - try this out. I had no issues with oxidization, "Soft Beige" was a perfect match for me with a lighter powder on top to set. I am also very sensitive to smells, but the smell of this didn't bother me since it goes away immediately - and I'm not sensitive to paint/medicinal smells, but fragrance and this isn't heavily fragranced/floral. So the smell for me was not a problem. This also washes off very easily - I wash with a light cleanser but always use a Simple makeup wipe to help remove most of my foundation. This came off easily like NYX.

I'm really glad I decided to give this a try again 9 months later - and if I have any issues, I'll for sure update my review. This $5 foundation is a go-to for me and is replacing my empty HG $14 NYX Total Control.

on 9/19/2017 12:32:00 AM

This is my favorite cheap foundation. Covers well. Only bad thing is that I tend to look oily mid day even I use this, I must powder my nose! I'm also not a darn of the smell. I find the product hard to remove when the product is about 3/4 gone.

I do use this on days I don't want to use my good makeup though! Definitely covers well.

on 9/14/2017 4:34:00 AM

At first I wasn't to blown away by this foundation, but when I started really using it I started loving it. It's lightweight and looks natural on the skin. The coverage is light to medium and it has like a semi matte finish. It's great if you like a simple and natural looking foundation.

on 8/30/2017 11:18:00 AM

Holy buckets!

Another product I came across thanks to the YouTube beauty community.

I've always been skeptical of Wet n Wild simply because of the price. I'd buy their lipsticks now and again because they were cheap, but I rarely bought any face products. Though the formulas aren't always better for pricier items, they typically contain better ingredients that don't irritate my hella acne-prone skin as much as their cheaper counterparts. The YouTube community was raving however so, given it's AWESOME price point, I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was so pleasantly surprised! The shade matched perfectly (which is super hard for me because I'm fair, but warm-toned, which typically comes across too yellow), the coverage is full but your skin still looks like your skin (no "mask" effect), the formula was incredibly easy to work with and it lasted all day long, even on my oil-slick of a face! Just like any other foundation, this one works best with a primer and/or a setting spray, but DAMN! Wet n Wild is stepping it up!

Some of their other newer items that I'm in love with are their Liquid Catsuit liquid matte lipsticks and their new highlighters are ON POINT.

Okay, at first I loved this foundation, the smell doesn't bother me, but I have very sensitive skin due to some allergies. I have a latex allergy, and I didn't see latex anywhere in the additives, but I cannot use this foundation. I use covergirl clean matte BB cream and it's amazing. This foundation caused my entire face to get red and swollen and I got huge blisters on my face that caused scarring. I've only used it twice and I bought a new bottle thinking it might be just that batch a few months later, low and behold I'm here again with blisters all over my face. I'm sticking with covergirl, at least it doesn't scar my face

on 8/23/2017 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i've worn this daily for a week and i like it okay so far. seems really similar to the NARS sheer glow foundation in coverage + finish, though this stays tacky for a really long time, and this also looks cakier than the NARS does when you build it up.

the paint smell is off-putting but it reminds me of the coverall foundation if i remember correctly - classic wnw lol. it does dissipate really quickly. i wonder what ingredient makes it smell the way it does. either way it's not something that really bothers me as it's not something you have to deal with all day long. it does go away almost immediately.

the cap is great, i love the grooves in the glass that help the lid click into place. i feel like it's really sturdy and wont pop open in a bag. but i reeeeally don't like the spatula, it feels kind of messy to me. idk. like having a giant bottle of nail polish and smearing the brush all over your face. i'm always worried something's going to drip off of it. between the spatula and nothing at all, i think i'd prefer nothing. but i just put some foundation on the back of my hand to pick up and apply to my face with my fingers and that seems to work just fine.

finish is just okay, stays put throughout the day for the most part. when it rubs off though, it's really difficult to blend back in. also, if your skin is too dry before applying this, it looks bizarre - the first time i tried it i looked like an IRL version of a grainy iphone selfie. since then i've learned that it needs to go on top of a moisturizer, and probably with a beauty blender if you personally have dry skin (i'm normal/combo so i'm fine with brush application for now). btw - if using a brush, apply in very thin layers and only build up in areas where you want coverage specifically! that'll help the finish look more natural. i will say that i much prefer to powder my whole face after putting this foundation on since it's so tacky for so long after application, so i don't know if the foundation itself tends to emphasize pores or texture since my powder tends do do quite a bit of blurring on its own.

i'm surprised at how much lighter drugstore foundations have gotten in recent years; to be fair i try to buy CF as often as possible and for some reason CF brands seem to have smaller ranges than other brands do? wnw, elf, nyx, i feel like they're all notorious among really light makeup wearers as being orangier than other lines and just generally having smaller shade ranges than other brands do. anyway, i'm about NC10, i really love NARS siberia on me, and i got this in porcelain. it is a ~hair~ orange but i'm not so picky as to say it's unwearable, it's so very close to perfect. the shade depth is almost identical to siberia, it's just a little orange, which is the problem i usually run into with foundations because i don't have warm skin. i'm just yellow lol. anyway, if you enjoy NARS siberia then you will probably be able to get away with this.

overall i do like this stuff a lot! could be a little better but for $6, as long as it doesn't break me out, i dont see myself rushing back to sephora to try anything else any time soon. i hope to figure out how to best work with it over the coming months and when i finish my bottle i will definitely come back to update my thoughts on it here~

update 10.08.17 - still really enjoying this stuff. it stays quite matte on me all day long, so i can't imagine someone with dry skin enjoying this foundation very much. but i prefer matte formulations so i love how fresh this stays looking all day~ coverage i would say is a solid medium and slightly buildable.
some cons i've encountered since i first reviewed this product - the opening of the bottle gets so gross and gunked up with product! fortunately it's easy to wipe away, but..gosh it's so unpleasant to look at lol.
ALSO, this absolutely, unequivocally, 100% has flashback on me. i took a photo of myself with just this and nothing else on, and i had major ghostface. and i know it's not my powder because on other foundations, my powder does not give me flashback (and it's not an HD powder anyway). not a dealbreaker for me but ffs, i thought this was supposed to be good for photos !