wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I love how this foundation looks on my skin. I have shell ivory and it lasts through a 9 hour day. It's my favorite out of the many foundations i have i use this one the most, I need to but another bottle as a back up lol. My walmart is always out of it. I love how smooth it goes on, doesn't oxidize on me and is a matte finish look. It does have a small but you don't really notice it much

on 4/7/2019 11:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

So I was short on money at the time and needed to buy a foundation that matched my skin tone, didn't make my skin look oily, and covered my blemishes. I went to the drugstore with very little money and thought finding a foundation that could do all of the above until I could afford a more expensive product would be inevitable. I had never tried wet n wild before and honestly thought because it was so cheap that I would end up being dissatisfied and throwing it away soon. I was pleasantly surprised. This foundation I bought in nude ivory was exactly the right shade i needed. Check. It didn't make my skin look oily like other more expensive brands have done in the past. Check. It covered my blemishes. Check. The formulation of this foundation is brilliant. I set it with some powder and I was good to go. This foundation is very buildable and well. I got more than I could ask for and this was around $6 or $7. I also saw that wet n wild is cruelty free, another plus! Oh, but the best part? I absolutely LOVE the application that comes in this. It is awesome and I don't have to dump the foundation all over my hand or brush to get it out. I can't say enough about this awesome product!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm 61 with normal skin that leans a touch dry. My skin is light with pink undertones......Mac NW 20..... Nude Ivory is a perfect color match. This foundation is just lovely. It goes on smoothly and delivers great coverage, stays looking beautiful from when I first put it on until I wash my face at night so that would be a good 12 hours. I do apply a light dusting of powder on top because my makeup never feels "finished" unless I do that. This foundation leaves my skin feeling very comfortable and looking flawless and at my age that speaks volumes. For $5.99 it's unbelievable! If you are my skin type and have mature skin I highly recommend this one!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is approaching holy grail territory for me.. first off, I walk to work and I live in Canada. So I need a foundation that can take a freaking beating from the elements. I also need something that can wear all work day, put up with my combo skin, has decent coverage and preferably not have to blot... So a bit of a tall order I guess.

This foundation has met all of my expectations. The only downsides I have found are that it doesn't have amazing oil control, nor does it claim to- it's decent but after 8 or so hours it can start getting shiny. I think a good mattifying powder will fix this. The other problem I have I think could also be fixed with a better powder- it hates my glasses. If I touch my face it feels matte/maybe satin but my glasses tend to slide down and ruin that bit of foundation. I'm going to mix up my primer and powder and I think that will fix it.

Still this is the only foundation I've ever been this please with and the price is so affordable. It's a beautiful finish, satin like, soft, a good medium coverage, good wear and lightweight.

I think super oily girls may get annoyed with this one. I also think it may cling to very dry skin- I wouldn't call it drying but it's not moisturizing either.

So in short- great price, good wear, natural looking finish, medium coverage. However, not mattifying or high oil control, may cling to dry patches, oh and it smells a bit odd but it goes away. Like a paint smell.

on 2/3/2019 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Rarely have I tried a foundation and re-bought it!! But I've re-bought this foundation countless times! I've tried many foundations, high and low end and this is one of the best. Also, I have an extremely yellow undertone and golden beige matches me perfectly.

It just looks like I have great skin or like I am barely wearing anything when I wear this. Its never cakes or gets greasy and most importantly it doesn't irritate my skin!!

on 1/23/2019 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

First of all when they discontinued my Coverall Foundation I thought my world was coming to an end. I Decided to try something new and stick with the brand that I love WET N WILD in Photofocus Foundation. The do have a wide variety of shades so you shouldn't have a problem finding your color. Something I have never seen before is the applicator wand. It is simply just a plastic stick when I am used to tubes and pumps. hmf… I decided to dab tiny dots all over my face and blend in with my beauty blender and I got a full coverage foundation with no streaks and does not look oily in which I have oily facial sking. The Price point cannot be beat and it is an overall replacement to my Coverall Foundation . I now have a new Foundation I can recommend.....the Trick is to not be fooled by thebone of a kind Apllicatior !!! BOSSGLOSS APPROVED!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was skeptical, but this has become one of my favorite foundations. I tend to prefer tinted moisturizers to traditional foundation, but sometimes I want a perfected, airbrushed finish. My holy grail foundation is Guerlain Lingerie de Peau, but Photo Focus is giving it serious competition! I apply with a BeautyBlender and mix in a bit of liquid highlighter if I want more glow, because it's a bit matte. For the price, I'm ecstatic about it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. I bought it because it was cheap and I wanted to give it a try. God knows I don't need anymore makeup let alone foundation. I don't mind the smell because it has no artificial fragrance in it. If it did, I would break out into a rash. The smell is the natural chemicals in the foundation, which I'm 100 percent fine with. The formula is GREAT! I was really surprised. It's far better than EL doublewear and Revlon's colorstay. It kept me matte all day and night. For reference I wore Paula's choice primer underneath it and Colorscience spf 50 body sunscreen underneath that. It does not transfer either. It's 28 degrees here, where I live. I'm wearing a turtleneck, a hat, scarf, etc and no makeup mess on my clothes. I also wore it to a museum where the heat was cranked up and I sweated like a mother f*cker and my makeup stayed in place like nothing I've ever seen with no transfer. It gives you medium coverage right off the bat. It would be really hard to get light coverage on this. The bottle can get messy, but I don't care because the makeup is only $4.00. The color I got is SHELL IVORY. It has a beige undertone which I don't like. It did oxidize a bit on me. I wanted something a tad lighter with yellow undertone. (I bought this online on Amazon). I also bought porcelain which was ghostly on me. I also bought ROSE IVORY which is the EXACT same shade as SHELL IVORY -wtf? I will need to buy a better shade because I love this makeup. It also blends really fast - unlike EL's doublewear which takes me forever to get right.

Excellent for oily skin. Lasts on the skin for over 14 hours - shine free! For reference I use Paula’s Choice zinc oxide tinted sunscreen and Hourglass mineral veil primer. I sometimes use powder to finish the look but not always as I find that most days I don’t need it. Best part? No transfer! No transfer on my sunglasses, turtleneck sweaters, etc!!! I love this. My color is shell ivory which looks pink in the bottle but applies neutral. I also wear sand in Bobbi Brown stick foundation- for reference. Warm ivory in double wear - which I don’t wear anymore because this $4.99 foundation replaced it!!

on 1/1/2019 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this Foundation Based on all the positive reviews on the wet and wild website. When I got it home I tried it out and I could not believe how amazing this Foundation makes your skin look. It absolutely makes it look like your wearing a very high-end Foundation. It gives your skin a very smooth look. I applied the Foundation using a beauty blender. To me it is a satin finish not greasy and not Matte. It gives your skin a total natural look. I will absolutely purchase this again. This may be my favorite New Foundation.
According to the wet and wild website my shade should have been golden beige based on the current brand foundation and color that I'm using currently. They were all out of golden beige so I picked up cream beige which is the next shade after golden beige. It's just a tad darker than I wanted but once it was on it looked fine I'm going to keep this one but I'm also going to pick up a golden beige.

01/01/2019 This is an update to my review. I went out and purchased the other shade which is golden beige in CVS. This is the correct shade. When I applied it for the second time I did notice it had a semi matte finish . It did not go into my fine lines and once it was it settled into skin, it didn't look semi matte anymore. For some reason the darker shade I applied yesterday didn't seem as matte than the lighter shade. Overall I'm still loving it. I will be wearing it for 13 hours today and will give an update .