Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.2

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

First thing the packaging. UGH I hate dump bottles and I took that stupid spatula thing out. The actual formula, however is amazing except the smell, but that goes away after a little while. Its a very liquidity formula, very thin. It is a buildable foundation as its so thin. it covers fairly decently and I love the range of shades and undertones I was able to find one with a neutral undertone instead of yellow which is very typical of drugstore foundation. I will buy another when I finish this bottle, but I want to see if I can find a pump next time. If you haven't tried it yet I recommend it highly.

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I was very surprised at how much I liked this foundation, which is now a holy grail for me. First, the price: $4.68 at walmart. Got it in the shade Peach Natural, which I was also skeptical of, but the bottle recommended this color for light-medium, cool toned skin, and it works well. In the winter I mix it with a little bit of rose ivory. My skin is normally NW20-25, leaning a bit more toward NW25.

I have rosacea, so I need coverage, but I really don't like foundation, normally. I would consider this to be a medium coverage, and it feels very light on the skin. Very blendable. I apply with my fingers, using a Qtip to get the product off of the spatula so that I don't contaminate the product. If I could change only one thing, it would be to add a pump. It evens out my skin tone nicely, and lasts about 7-8 hours. It doesn't completely cover my rosacea, but it definitely makes me believe that I can go out in public again! The feel is quite velvety, and I don't find that it settles into lines or wrinkles, but that may have something to do with my makeup routine, since I can see that others have had that issue. I apply a thin layer of moisturizer, followed by Kiss My Face sunscreen, followed by Monistat Chafing Gel as a primer before using the Photofocus.

I have to say that I am really pleased with this--it is the best foundation I've ever tried, and that says a lot for a 59 year old grandmother who has tried everything, high to low end. My skin is combo, for reference. The paint smell is weird, but it dissipates quickly. Sold!

I only publish reviews of products that I truly believe in, and I use most of my reviewed products every day, long term. I am an ordinary woman trying to find what works without breaking the bank!

on 11/22/2017 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had to write a review on this because I pulled it out of my drawer and used it today for the first time in weeks. This is a solid product. It makes my skin look beautiful! Lasts all day too! I put this above many of my high-end foundations. I have the color buff-beige and it's a perfect match for my winter complexion. Not a fan of any other wet n wild products, but this one blows me away! I prefer high coverage foundations but they are usually matte, this one is very dewy, really it makes my skin glow. Contouring with the benefit cheek parade palette looks really beautiful on top of this foundation. Packaging is slightly odd but I take no points off for that because of how happy I was every time I looked in the mirror today 😏

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

wow wow wow ! this lived up to its type and then some ! it's medium to full coverage for sure . I use a damp sponge to allot this which I found works these best or you can get streaks. I have combo skin which is usually.more oily , this stays on a good 8 plus hours on me before needing a touch up . the formula is thin, definately silicone type feeling. it doesn't break me out and it leaves your skin airbrushed looking. I always use a powder to set and setting spray to finish . it's a score

on 9/25/2017 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i have tried many foundations from high end to very low end and this is the first one that i dont have ANY complaints about.

i wear this foundation in shell ivory and it blends seamlessly. i have never found a foundation shade that matches me so well. i like that i can use a little bit and get a light natural coverage or i can build it up to a more complete coverage. it stays in place all day on my dry/oily skin.

i like the sturdy glass bottle it comes in and i do like the spatula applicator but i feel that is not always the most sanitary way to apply it.

i love that i can pick it up at my local drugstore. i highly recommend trying it out if you're on the fence.

on 9/12/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This foundation is so amazing, I cannot believe it was $6. I am oily skinned. Bought this in Espresso and I apply with a damp beauty blender. I wear a lot of foundation. Base makeup is my favorite because I love a flawless base every time I do my makeup. This is medium coverage so I use more of it than I would loreal infallible pro matte for instance. I like the way it smells and I lasts decently when set with a powder. I use the spatchula to place the fiubdation on my skin then blen with the beauty blender. I love the packaging. Wet n wild has certainly outdone themselves with this one. I will be repurchased hen I run out.

on 9/8/2017 11:01:00 PM

I'm still in awe at how much WnW has stepped up their game. This is a surprisingly excellent foundation for the price especially. It has a good variety of colors and undertones (at least in the light and medium area :/...) In the 1990s and 2000s, I tried WAY worse drugstore foundation for way more money that were terrible in comparison to this.

Now- granted I have tried better. But all of those were far more expensive- like, was the Nars foundation I tried 10X better? No. Not really.

I will grant I am kind of at a honeymoon phase with my skin. I'm old enough that, though I am still oily it isn't like it was 20 years ago, nor do I have acne or break out much yet I don't have fine lines yet. So. Best skin of my life right now, don't need crazy coverage and thus I might have hated this as a 20 something. Mostly I just need to even out a bit and combat the redness I get from rosacea.

It is a real medium coverage- not full, for sure. Doesn't incline to streak which is great. It is a bit more visible as makeup than say, my gold standard for "super, natural" skin (Nyx BB which is too light at the moment). Does stick to dry bits- be sure to moisturize! It applies easily and smoothly for me; I didn't find it a particularly fiddly one to get even, though it sets pretty fast actually.

It lasts quite well on me- again, I've owned slightly better but after 7 hours at work in 90 degrees, it hasn't broken down, though I did set it with loose powder. I am VERY oily-skinned, so I break about 75% of foundations down by mid-day, so this one lasts better than most.

It did not oxidize noticeably.

I mean. It is great if you need a good daily foundation, and don't want to spend $$$ to use a fabulous, fabulously expensive one when you're just going to go to work. Not the best thing ever, yes it has a scent (I found it dissipated in a short time so whatever), but looks very good and is super cheap and has a decent selection of color. I will definitely use it regularly, and yes I would probably choose a more expensive, slightly better formula for an event, but many days this is plenty good.

Good.

on 8/30/2017 11:18:00 AM

Holy buckets!

Another product I came across thanks to the YouTube beauty community.

I've always been skeptical of Wet n Wild simply because of the price. I'd buy their lipsticks now and again because they were cheap, but I rarely bought any face products. Though the formulas aren't always better for pricier items, they typically contain better ingredients that don't irritate my hella acne-prone skin as much as their cheaper counterparts. The YouTube community was raving however so, given it's AWESOME price point, I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was so pleasantly surprised! The shade matched perfectly (which is super hard for me because I'm fair, but warm-toned, which typically comes across too yellow), the coverage is full but your skin still looks like your skin (no "mask" effect), the formula was incredibly easy to work with and it lasted all day long, even on my oil-slick of a face! Just like any other foundation, this one works best with a primer and/or a setting spray, but DAMN! Wet n Wild is stepping it up!

Some of their other newer items that I'm in love with are their Liquid Catsuit liquid matte lipsticks and their new highlighters are ON POINT.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I had trouble finding a foundation; I either found something too dark or for whatever reason, it just didn't work for me.

But I think I finally found the right foundation, although I was a bit skeptical of it at first due to the price. I have this in the shade "Soft Ivory" (light-warm undertone) and I love it so much. So I'll just break down the pros and cons of it.

The only issues with it are that it smells a little bit like paint (but it goes away after you blend it, although the smell doesn't bother me personally), and it can emphasize skin texture a little bit.

However, the things I like about this foundation are that it has never oxidized on me, it blends out perfectly (I use a sponge to apply it), it's under 10 dollars, I like the formula, I love the coverage, and I have to admit the spatula applicator has grown on me.
I also like the fact that this has 20 shades ranging from Porcelain to Mahogany along with specific undertones for each shade. I have yet to test it out with flash photography, though.

All in all, I love this foundation and I plan on getting it again when I run out of this. <3