wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.1

on 5/23/2018 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to try out Wet N Wild Photo Focus Foundation after seeing some good reviews on youtube. Well after trying this product out I was very disappointed. First of all, I chose 3 different color shades, hoping that one of them would match my light/medium, neutral skin tone. Two shades were too light for me (Nude Ivory and Rose Ivory) and the next shade up was too dark and orange for me (Soft Beige). Next I mixed two shades together and applied the foundation with a damp beauty blender. It went on very splotchy and had minimal coverage. This product did nothing to cover old acne scars and redness. . I also accentuated all my dry spots and fine lines and made my face look dirty for some reason. All in all, I wasn't happy with this foundation and would not recommend it to anybody.

Sooooo bummed that this didn’t work out for me. I have very oily skin and this turned me into a greaseball. At first the finish looked b auto full and the coverage is great especially for the price. I’m hoping may they will come out with a matte version.

I know this is popular with a lot of people, but it doesn't work with my skin. It doesn't apply evenly with hands, BB, or brush. I've never had this problem with any foundation and have used many d/s brands successfully. In winter, the dry patches on my face look horrid with this. In warmer weather, it just doesn't look natural--a little cakey even with one thin application. The paddle applicator isn't user-friendly. This may be the only foundation that I won't ever use up. I may just pitch it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this foundation so much. YouTube made it seem amazing. It doesn't work for me at all. I could look past the smell if it looked good. I have acne prone combination skin. This was so streaky and kept smudging and moving. Nothing has worked to make it not look like a pasty, cakey mess. Primer, moisturizer, setting powder, setting spray, tried with and without. It made my pores look huge and I don't usually have that problem, and made any blemish look even more visible.

on 4/18/2018 4:02:00 AM

I hate this foundation it was so bad even when I use my primer it so cakey. I was so shocked that it work so good with other people. I have a normal skin but with this foundation my face look so dry and in large my pores . Other then that this product also did not last all day. It's was so sad because many people love it and I hate it.

on 4/16/2018 8:39:00 PM

Here are the reasons why I gave this foundation a one lipstick rating: 1. It had a stong scent that smells exactly like paint - which is not pleasant in any way. 2. It slid around on my face and was completely worn off after a few hours, even with a primer and setting powder. 3. Before using this foundation I didn't have any trouble with my skin, but now I've got tiny bumps all over my face. 4. Even with a thin layer of foundation, it still felt really heavy and uncomfortable on my skin. 5. This foundation made my makeup brushes incredibly stiff, and I'm not able to get them clean. 6. The plastic cap kept breaking and the little spatula was awkward to use.

The only thing I liked about this foundation was the fact that its cruelty-free!

on 4/12/2018 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily skin and large pores. I had hoped this foundation would be as great as everyone on youtube says it was, but it did not work for me AT ALL. The color turns orange after an hour and looks ridiculous, my pores looked HUGE even when using a primer, and it looked so uneven and muddy. I am shocked this worked out for people! On top of all of it, it caused me to breakout in a painfully large cyst on my chin! I guess I should expect something that smells like paint to clog the pores. I'm 30 and get minimal breakouts and this is the only culprit I have changed in my skin/makeup routine. I'll stick with my Estée Lauder. Going in the trash where it belongs.

on 3/30/2018 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

For reference, I am a MAC NC30 (medium with warm undertones). I have this in the shade "Golden Beige."

This foundation has received very good reviews on Youtube; however, my experience with this foundation was not that great. While it has a great finish and medium coverage that's buildable to full, I found that there are two major issues with this foundation: lasting power and oxidation.

The foundation does not seem to last very long on the skin. It seemed to start fading after the 4 hour mark. In addition, it has the tendency to crease, esp. around the mouth and under-eye area. It also gets cakier throughout the day as the skin dries out.

The biggest deal breaker with this foundation is the oxidation. It seems to start oxidizing orange on my skin almost immediately after application and gets worse throughout the day. I looked on the reviews on the WnW website for this foundation and this seems to be a pretty common issue.

Hard pass on this foundation. I would not recommend this to a friend nor will I be repurchasing. Instead, opt to get their cushion foundation, which is absolutely fantastic!

Smells like paint and feels heavy on the skin. My skin is more on the dry side and this definitely emphasized that- turned splotchy and did not cover any redness or acne. Do not recommend!

on 3/18/2018 12:05:00 AM

I was so excited to try this product after hearing such great reviews from youtubers and reviewers online but I quickly was disappointed. The smell is terrible but I can get past that just fine, it's the overall effect on my skin that really made me hate this foundation! I got little, hive-like pimples all over my face and it seemed to emphasize all my imperfections! It covered the discoloration on my face but my pores seemed huge when I used this foundation, which is not usually an issue for me. I tried using this product with moisturizer, with primer, without anything, with various powders or without them, etc. I tried everything, hoping so much to like it! I love the price but I just couldn't make it look nice on my skin. I'm in my 20's but my skin looked like I was much much older. Beware of this product! It might be great for you, and I hope that's the case, but it could be a terrible waste of the $4-$5 you'll spend on it!