wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 8/20/2018 4:05:00 AM

I LOVE this foundation and I don't love many. *I bought the Soft Ivory shade*
As an acne and rosacea sufferer, I've tried every foundation under the sun and honestly, none compare to how good this feels on my skin. It's light, blends so well with my beauty blender and has a lovely skin feel and look finish.

I really wish it had a pump applicator instead of the little spatula thing but I found that after a couple goes I was able to get the right amount on my blender and blissfully tap away on my skin. It also pairs amazingly well with its concealer from the same range which was my first and favourite purchase from Wet n Wild.

I find it lasts really well throughout the day but I don't expect my makeup to last over 12hrs, nor and I looking for that level of gunk on my sensitive face. I do set my concealer with a bit of powder from LA Girl and a spritz of Essence fixing spray all over and I feel good to go for the day without touchups. If I'm having a problematic day with redness that burns through which is just a rosacea treat (sighs), then I will touch up with some concealer in that area or drink a ton of water, whichever is closer. But burn through is something I've had with all foundations, least of all with this one, it feels much lighter and gentler on my sensitive skin.

I also love any foundation that looks like skin and doesn't cake or wear away in patches which I feel this one doesn't!

As a cruelty-free makeup user, WW is by far my favourite!

Also, I totally recommend trying the Oil Cleansing Method, it has been a life and skin changing find!!!

on 8/13/2018 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I started out loving the way this product looked on my skin over the course of my day. I looked past the applicator (eye roll) and the fact that it smelled strongly of paint. I usually had to really buff it in to prevent streaking from my brushes and was able to use it. I've had a clear face for years. I've kept my same face product routine and its worked. I've been using it for a month and all of a sudden within the last two weeks I've had two huge cystic pimples on my forehead and cheek. I was devastated.. for one that I have spent so long without acne that I bruised my face trying to pop and get rid of these pimples. I've had acne in my teenage years but I'd never experienced cystic pimples in my life. I look on here and i see that other people had issues with break outs as well. I'm not sure what ingredient is to blame but i'd say be careful! because pimples won't happen over night or the next day. I've been using this for almost a month and got two huge pimples within the same week in the end.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After test-running this on myself for a while, I ended up adding it to my pro-kit because it really does photograph GORGEOUSLY and the price can't be beat. The main drawbacks are thus: it smells like paint...literally Home Depot interior latex house paint; It is not specifically a long-wear formula. I have worked around this for a recent bridal party job by using Wayne Goss' technique of combining and layering with setting spray and it really did the trick! My bride was asked about 8 hours after her makeup was done if it had just been done an hour or 2 before. The color range on this is decent for a drugstore and some websites like Ulta offer an extended range. Coverage is medium and fairly buildable. Texture blends out nicely and can be sheered. Shades may set darker than they appear in bottle, but oddly the color range skews toward paler than you would expect from the description. (I'm usually around NC20 and wear mostly "fair-light" range products and I was in the "light-medium" category with this product. ") This may not be a luxury foundation, but it works and it does the job very, very well. For someone like me who needs to keep multiple shades on hand and can't shell-out for $45 a bottle, it's fantastic!

on 7/28/2018 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

For reference I'm in between NC45 and NC50 in MAC. I wear Toffee during the summer and Caramel during the winter.

Pros:
Medium coverage but buildable
Matte finish
Doesn't settle into pores or lines
Good color selection
Lasts most of the day

Cons:
None.

on 7/22/2018 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

If this came in the exact same glass bottle with a pump, I'd be over the moon. Still, for this price I can live with the strange little plastic applicator paddle they include inside the lid - I only use it to quickly dot some foundation on and then use either my fingers or a Beauty Blender to smooth it out. The faint smell of the product (sort of reminds me of Elmer's glue or the tempera paints they used to give you in elementary school to do art projects) does disappear quickly once applied and it hasn't caused me any issues even though I have fairly sensitive skin.

The Photo Focus Foundation to me is more of a full coverage formulation. I think others find this to be medium coverage, but as I apply my foundation first and then see where I might need a little concealer, I think it does a relatively decent job on its own evening out my skin tone and reducing some areas where there is redness and a few small spots of melasma on the tops of my cheekbones. I feel I need less concealer with the Wet n' Wild than when I use my HG CoverGirl + Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation. Actually, now that my HG CoverGirl is running about $18 a bottle at the drugstore, it will be getting bumped for the $6 bottle of Wet n' Wild as the addition of the pump on the CoverGirl is really just not worth the additional money. And Wet n' Wild has the added bonus of being cruelty free.

on 7/6/2018 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Wow! For $6 this is some great foundation!! Matte with full coverage yet lets your skin breathe! Good color selection. Wet N Wild has come a LONG way and I'm glad. My only complaint is that they use that odd spatula thing as opposed to a pump.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Honestly such a great budget foundation. very comparable to my double wear (which I loooove) and at a fraction of the price. Medium to almost full coverage, smoothing and does not emphasise texture. Its a tad bit dry on normal skin (oily babes will love it) but moisturising before helps a lot. The smell is a normal foundation-y smell to me, and I dont mind it, in fact I kinda like it. I prefer no fragrance on my foundation and would rather it smelled like this foundation rather than perfumed like a lot of Chanel/Bourjois foundation is.

Is also very long-wearing and does not flake on me.

on 6/29/2018 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I didn’t expect much from this foundation because I only picked up because it was on sale, and in an effort to not fly through my Fenty so fast.

Shade: Mocha
This foundation is very easy to blend. I use a flat top kabuki brush or other dense brush. I was having problems with some acne causing patchiness on my cheeks but this foundation smooths over it really nicely making it unnoticeable, even without concealer in that area. During the day I am usually running around a lot at work and I have to say this does a nice job at staying matte throughout the day. I’ve only had to blot once a day with the WNW and afterwards it looks nice and fresh.

A lot of people mention the paint smell, I can only smell it if I really put my nose in the bottle. I don’t smell it during application or after.

I first bought the foundation online in soft beige a couple of months ago, I chose the closest colour I could to my usual foundation, but when it came it was slightly too dark, which sucks because in the bottle it looks really close to my usual, but when it comes out it's just a little bit too dark. I feel like the next lightest shade would be too light, so I don't know if there's a shade in this foundation that truly matches me, I'd probably have to mix two together. So because this was too dark when I first tried it I didn't really like it, and I didn't think it looked that great on my skin so I only wore it once. I bought several other vegan foundations since including Kat Von D, but couldn't find one that I really liked. One day I decided to try this one again, and my mind was completely changed. The colour is still slightly wrong but it still looks natural enough. I put on a couple of layers and thought that looked ok, but when I looked again about 5 minutes later I realised that it looks really amazingly flawless and matte. I have large pores and it makes them not so noticeable, it also stays put all day and looks great all day. I have combination skin and my makeup usually ends up melting off, but this one stayed on really well without looking heavy or cakey, unlike K V D, which is super thick and looks great when it first goes on but I've noticed five minutes later it settles into every line and poor and looks awful. This one improves with time, not worsens. It's also so important to me that the greasiness stays away, because my makeup will settle in my pores and look awful and this one didn't do that. I wasn't really that keen on the applicator but it's ok, I prefer a pump bottle. Another thing that I didn't really like was the smell, it smells pretty bad when you first put it on but the smell does go away. So yeah this is my new favourite foundation now and I will definitely be buying it again.

I REALLY wanted to love this. I tried it out for a week and loved how long lasting it was. Then I started noticing little bumps, which then turned into pimples. Before I knew it, I was broken out all over my face, in cystic acne. I'm so bummed that this didn't work for me because it really is a great foundation for the price. If you have sensitive skin, I'd probably skip this one if I were you.