wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Man, I'm bummed. I really thought I'd love this foundation, seeing as I have hero worship for their Coverall Creme. I bought Coverall as soon as it came out and haven't so much as glanced at another foundation in 4 years. But then Wet 'n' Wild releases a new one. So, logically, if Coverall is my $4 love, then Photo Focus will probably walk on water or cure cancer, right? I digress, but I had high hopes for this.

To be clear, I think this foundation can work for specific people. But-but... Coverall just works for almost every skin type, issue, and need under the sun. Oh well. It's not a bad foundation, it's just not my favorite.

The coverage itself is pretty negligible. If you have off skin like I do (acne, pitting, scarring and the like) you will need a heavy duty concealer (I'd rec Hard Candy Glamoflague for this). But the finish itself is pretty impressive. It's a very natural looking foundation. It dried to a matte finish, and only upon close examination is it obvious that I'm wearing product.

Despite the matte finish, I'm an oily-skinned gal, so I'm pretty cautious. When testing this foundation, I always set it with powder. Same results. After about 6-8 hours, there's consistent fading around my nose and chin. I've tried different powders, primers, methods of application... it still fades.

On the plus side, it didn't appear to irritate my stupid sensitive skin, which is an accomplishment in and of itself. I'm starting to think if I stare too hard at my face, I'll breakout.

And it does look beautiful in photography. Nary a flashback in sight. This was also pretty impressive too. I'm super pale, my natural skintone alone probably looks like flashback. But whatever, I looked nice in photos. Can't complain.

Overall, I wouldn't buy unless you're normal to dry skinned with relatively few flaws. But if you wanna give it a go, it's only $5. I love Wet 'n' Wild for that, the day they raise their prices is probably the day I'll pass Calculus. So... never.

I think I'll keep it around for special events where I know pictures will be taken. Or a hot revenge selfie sent to my ex. Take your pick, it'll work for both.

so far I really like this foundation! I took some points off because of the color selection. I have neutral undertones and light neutral was way too light and light-medium neutral was way too dark. I bought both and just mix them together.

the coverage is great! I did some extractions before applying this and my skin was bright red and it covered it completely. I have combo skin and even set with powder, I did notice just a bit of separation around my nostrils. but the only foundation that doesn't do that for me is EL double wear. The finish is not totally matte, more of a satin finish I think.

I think the packaging was so nice for such a cheap foundation. glass bottle! Though it has a spatula instead of a pump but that's better than dumping the foundation out like a glass ketchup bottle. I'm going to keep using this foundation for a while! I wish I could upload a picture to really showcase this foundations coverage!

I liked this, but if I lost it I wouldn't buy again. I was pleasantly suprised though...and it does smell like paint!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- long wearing
- matte
- affordable
- blurs out pores

CONS

- cannot find my shade
- settles into fine lines
- can look a bit aging
- looks heavy

COMMENTS: This is a matte, full coverage foundation. It wears well, but it doesn't control my oil any better than my other foundations. It does set a little quickly, but nothing I can't work with. Pores disappeared and it didn't emphasize any dryness. It did however, settle into fine lines and aged me a bit. It doesn't look as natural as claimed at all. It definitely looks like makeup. I never got around to using my finishing spray to help with these issues, though due to the shade choices. Desert Beige was too dark and Bronze Beige was too light. Anything in between had the wrong undertone.

Will not repurchase.

on 2/4/2017 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing and for the price you can't beat it. This is one of my favorite foundations, it's not heavy on the skin and just looks flawless.

About me: combo pale skin, some acne spots. I have mixed feelings about this foundation. The first few times I used it, it worked great on me and then after it started to not work well with my skin. The best thing about it for me is that it matches my pale winter skin PERFECTLY! Best match I've ever had (I bought porcelain) I love that it's not pink like most light colored foundations. The first few times I used this it looked great! Covered very nicely and I liked the finish. It didn't look heavy and lasted long. It does smell a bit funky. In later uses it started to pill with my primer and it really showed the dry flakey areas around my acne spots. I also noticed it seemed to be sinking into my pores even though I was using mally's pore filling primer. I think because my skin is not the best ATM it's not working well for me, but I think once it's more balanced this will be a good foundation

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

EDIT 12/6/17: I moved in to a new house with different lighting, and can really see what my foundation looks like. This pools up in to my pores and leaves little dots. I'm no longer using it. Shame cuz it's cheap as hell. Oh well. The Milani Conceal and Perfect foundation has stolen my heart now.

I have tried everything- various prices, formulas, benefits. What irony! My holy grail foundation costs $5.
My skin is fair/light, with very yellow undertones. Combination/dry, and at age 30, beginning to mature. Prone to occasional breakout and verrry sensitive.
This covers my rosacea, hides my wrinkles, and makes me look like an angel when I top it with the Wet n Wild "Reserve Your Cabana" powder. Also, make sure you're using a good moisturizer underneath this. It truly lives up to the claims of looking good in photographs and different light. I will never be without this again! I will need to purchase a few more bottles. Wish this came in a pump jar but I guess the formula is so watery it wouldn't work out.
Love this!!!

on 2/14/2017 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think I've finally my holy grail foundation. My skin is normal/combo mostly, prone to dry areas on the cheeks and oilier around the sides of the nose and t zone. I have big pores and dark spots/scarring in spots. Nothing severe.
The color match is good, the coverage is good, I've applied with both damp sponge & brush and coverage is good both ways. Its not streaky, cake like and looks surprisingly natural. It doesn't settle into my pores or emphasize them. It doesn't settle into my fine lines either.
It does smell like paint tho. And its very liquidy. I actually like the spatula that comes with it. The finish is matte so if you're dry skinned this might not be for you.

UPDATE 4/17/17
I have to lower my review, unfortunately. It's now starting to look very textured and drying on my face. And i really did want to love this but its not working well for me anymore... So I shall continue my foundation hunt.

on 2/16/2017 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I would say beware of all the glowing reviews and don't expect it to be amazing. It's a medium coverage foundation and I really wouldn't say it's matte. It is slippery feeling due to the silicone and doesn't sink into pores like the Coverall did for me (Coverall has better coverage). It can cling to dry parts of the face and doesn't really dry down completely so it needs a powder to get rid of the tacky feeling. It has that weird greasy look for a while without actually being greasy if that makes sense. This foundation also tends to break down after a few hours and definitely isn't long lasting.

The bottle is lovely but the spatula packaging is horrendous. I have found that foundations tend to oxidize and thicken in packaging that has to be exposed to open air all the time and the spatula is unhygienic and annoying. I've had this foundation for about two weeks and it has already changed color and consistency (orange tinge/darker and thicker).

I was hoping for a good daily foundation and this is just ok. I can make it work but wouldn't buy again. At least I haven't had any significant breakouts yet.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this. I really and truly did. I absolutely fell in love with wet n wild's coverall foundation, and it became my holy grail foundation. But when I ran out of my 5th or 6th tube, I ran to my local drugstore only to find that coverall was gone and replaced by this. I was disappointed but hopeful and excited to try this since I really loved wet n wild's other foundation. I also thought the glass bottle it was in was super nice, much nicer than coverall. It was also slightly more expensive than coverall (but still affordable) so I thought hey, that must make it better right? I WAS SO WRONG.

It's nothing like coverall. It's super thin and liquidy and has zero coverage. It hides absolutely no blemishes and feels like it sits more on my face then actually feeling natural and apart of my skin. On top of not looking good immediately after putting it on, the foundation breaks up after a few hours of wear and you can start to see redness and patches of foundation. It also smells like paint and it's just awful. Oh, and did I mention that it also made my skin look super oily? I don't have naturally oily skin; my skin does have some oily patches due to having normal/combination skin but this foundation made my skin look like an oil factory. It was terrible.

Overall I'm extremely disappointed. I wanted to fall in love with this product, but it just doesn't do it for me. I'll finish what I have but when I run out, I'm not planning on buying it again. I love wet n wild, but every brand has their hits and misses and this was unfortunately a miss for me.