wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 12/10/2018 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

One of their shades matches my skin tone perfectly. Stays on all day. No creasing or oxidizing. As others mention, it smells kinda like paint but for this value, it’s amazing and is long lasting. Hope they never discontinue it!

Was pleasantly surprised, particularly by the color range that offered a viable choice (Golden Beige) for my light, yellow-toned Asian coloration. The scent is vaguely paint like, which is preferable to a fake and skin-irritating perfumery. It takes a while to set and the coverage is medium. The effect is smooth, and if I were young again and line-free I would be absolutely delighted. The paddle is unusual but serviceable, and I have nothing but praise for the “cruelty-free” pledge. All in all, worth trying for $6.

on 12/1/2018 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried so many foundations mostly high end. This is in my top 3. I have oily skin, this foundation keeps me matte without looking dry. I wear this for long days at work. It looks good all day in real life but also on tv. It’s the perfect all round foundation for me. Longlasting and lightweight. Shade range is also flattering for me. Love this. Need this. And so cheap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

When I first bought this foundation and tried it out, I hated it. It looked dry and chalky and cakey and didn't have great coverage. I didn't understand what the hype was about and swore I'd never use it again. Then I realized the reason it looked so crappy and chalky was because the line runs extremely light, and I needed to go up at least 3 shades. Literally the same thing happened to me with maybelline fit me matte and poreless. I went out and repurchased it and it actually looks amazing, soft blurring matte finish that lasts all day on my oily skin. It's definitely in the top 5 best foundations at the drugstore, especially for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

First of all, I'm a light warm olive (I think? Undertones are weird) so in the summer I'm closer to Soft Beige (light medium warm) in the summer and Soft Ivory (light warm) in the winter. The undertones for me aren't perfect, but there's no orange or pink cast on my face and that's all I can really ask of a drugstore foundation at this point. I've bought dozens and 95% of them are actually unwearable for me. I really like that they put the tone and undertone on every bottle so there is 0 confusion.

Yes, it does smell like paint. It's not overwhelming (and I'm an artist) so I actually kind of like it. The bottle would be better as a pump, of course, but at least it's not one where you have to pour and end up with wayyy too much. The finish is medium in my opinion, but it's beautiful--blurring and not too matte. I set it with concealer, Coty Airspun powder, and NYX setting spray so it's not a big issue for me. It doesn't break out my skin, which is lovely, and works well with the elf primers.

It will get a bit oily throughout the day on me. I have oily skin though, so I'm not upset about it. I have to powder once or twice for a 12-16 hour makeup day. Other products blend well onto it, if you powder first (I'm not brave enough to try powder on a dried down foundation).

All in all, this is a wonderful foundation for $4-$6. I reach for it more than even maybelleine fit me (classic ivory is great in the summer for me, but there's no good winter shade so) or even my trusty revlon colorstay (separates on the face after a while even if the undertone matches perfectly).

When I had this product I thought I was going to have that look I've been looking for. But it was always so streaky and never set properly and very oily.. To be honest I also found it smelled like paint? I'm not sure if anyone else finds that, but it really smelled like paint to me.

on 10/28/2018 2:28:00 PM

I hate this. I have combination skin and during midday I get a little shine on my T zone, usually, but with this one I got oily all over my face. I don't care about the smell (is not bad) but the coverage is bad. When I first apply it it looks ok, all matte and nice but it emphasize my pores, actually it gathers into the pores and after one hour or two, the pore is the only one that has foundation in it! Other than that, the foundation from my T zone is gone. All I have is a slick appearence and some foundation on the contour of my face (mostly on my cheeks and chin). And what stays on my face is cakey.

I tried to apply it with a damp sponge, a dry one, foundation brush, with my fingers, with or without primer, I used setting powder and I got the same crappy result.

I bought it as a result of the highly appreciation that I saw online but now I wonder if those are really true or sponsored. I find it strange that this is so bad on my skin while I can use almost all kinds of foundation without any problem.

I will definitely not repurchase!

on 10/28/2018 12:01:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Did not work for me. Too drying and cakey looking as well as by the end of the day half of it is off my face even after setting it, Not enough coverage and it definitely streaks when applied with a brush

on 10/21/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am writing this review as I just finished the last drop of my Photo Focus foundation this morning and suddenly realized I cannot not have it! I very rarely ever finish an entire bottle of a liquid foundation, most of them expire and, sadly, have to go... This one was an exception. Definitely repurchasing it tomorrow.

It is a medium coverage foundation, buildable to full, in my opinion. Blends very easily with both a brush and a sponge. It gives me the nicest blurring effect, the skin looks nearly airbrushed after I finish my makeup. It is not dewy, nor very matt, something in the middle, just like I prefer (I have combination skin, normal on good days). Its long lasting power is another huge plus.

It's a really beautiful foundation and I could see it working on different skin types and for people with different makeup preferences. It's definitely worth trying for the price.

on 10/20/2018 7:44:00 PM

Oh. My. Goodness. This drugstore foundation definitely puts some of the high-end brands a run for their money! Wet-N-Wild did not come to play when they made this product. This foundation is medium-full coverage, it is long lasting, very lightweight, and extremely easy to blend out. Personally, I found that it was easier to blend this out with a brush rather then a beauty sponge as it is a little on the runny side and the sponge soaked up most of the product. This foundations comes in very many shades, I’m sure that you will be able to find your perfect match if you want to try this for yourself. The one and ONLY thing that i did not like about this was the packaging. Im not really sure what they were trying to do with the spatula thingy but if this had a pump it would be even more amazing then it already is. This foundation is only $5 and you can not tell one bit that it is that cheap once it is on your face. When i tried this out and people asked me what foundation i was wearing they did not believe me when i told them that it was Wet-N-Wild. Please go out and try this, i guarantee you will love it just as much if not more than i do!!!!!!!!!