Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.5

on 3/24/2017 5:13:00 PM

This foundation worked better for me than my MUFE HD foundation. I use a mattifying primer underneath and apply it with a beauty blender. Then I apply concealer, set that with a finishing powder then I finish it all off with MAC mineralize to get a flawless result. I do notice that I get a little oily as the day progresses but that usually happens to me with all foundations. It has a spatula applicator that I'm not a fan of but the worst part is the smell. It reeks of paint. Overall, the quality of the product itself is worth the small cons.

on 3/24/2017 2:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Just got this at CVS where they seemed to have over 10 shades in stock. I got soft beige, which is a perfect match to my skin, at first. One point off because it takes a while to dry down, and it darkened as it did. So maybe get one shade lighter than you need?
Lovely medium finish, similar to my favorite Colorstay, only with more sheen. A great deal for the price and I love the bottle and applicator.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The good-
Love the bottle.
Looks very nice on the skin and skin-like when applied correctly.
Applies really nice with fingers and beauty blender type sponges.
So many shades to choose from!
However, most are just on the website as most stores do not carry all of the shades.
I ended up with classic beige and surprisingly it was not too bad.
It blended in really well.
I do need a slightly lighter shade but can get away with this.
The foundation wears okay on my oily skin without looking too bad which was surprising, about 3 hours before I need to blot. 4-5 hours it starts to break down just slightly. 6 hours it can start to slip around and I must touch up with powder. 7-8+ and it is done.
The bad-
Looks terrible when applied with a brush and had I not watched MANY youtube videos beforehand I would have thought this was a terrible foundation.
Definitely, stick to the beauty blender or your fingers.
The matching photo focus powder (which I really like) did not go well with this foundation as I found it made it look too heavy and cakey but both are great on their own.
It does oxidize darker and started to look a little too tannish orange. Wore well on my oily skin but not as great as a long lasting foundation.

I might try this again but for now, I think I will keep looking.

on 3/23/2017 12:22:00 AM

I super love this foundation!

It covers really well and looks oh so natural.

The smell reminds me of Estée Lauder double wear.

I love how my skin looks so flawless. I've been reaching for this stuff over my Mac Pro,long wear, smashbox studio skin and loreal infallible. It is currently my fave!

I love how it photographs too. No filter needed! I use this with a buffing brush. Will try to use it with beauty blender.

on 3/19/2017 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love it! (The smell of 🏠 paint is real... But disappeared) It's light weight and pigmented, covers beautifully with a sponge or my fingers. Less is more and I always shade mix and it's cheap enough to buy a few and be happy 😃 and I really love it!

on 3/18/2017 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Skin Type: This is the foundation for combo/oily skin! If you have dry skin and dry patches, be sure to put a hydrating primer before application.
Coverage: Medium. I don't recommend layering this foundation. it would look cakey.
Finish: satin-matte. It also blurs my pores.
Fragrance: it smells like paint but doesn't linger.
Staying Power: 8-10 hrs. For my oily skin, I need to blot after 6 hrs, but the foundation stays on pretty well. It doesn't become blotchy. Still beautiful.

This foundation is a little tricky to use. I don't why that it accentuates my dry patches whenever i use my Laura Mercier setting powder. It works well with some primers but not for all. I haven't found a perfect foundation routine to use it. If i know which primer and powder work for it, i would update.
Overall, this is a decent foundation. I like the finish and staying power for my oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

(FOR REFERENCE I HAVE COMBINATION/OILY SKIN)
With this product all I can say is: Less is definitely more.
Following what I read here, I dabbed teeny tiny amounts of this with the spatula all over my face and proceeded to blend with a damp sponge in a downward motion. The coverage was pretty impressive and natural looking in my opinion. I even applied this underneath my eyes as a concealer, and didn't set it with a powder. Even though it had a tacky feeling I trusted the foundation and it did not budge throughout the day (I even went to the beach wearing this and it stayed put).
I feel like if you apply more than one layer of this, it will look very cakey and weird. The consistency is light and watery but it sets down to a powder satin finish.
Now for the many cons: The smell is just like house paint, no exaggeration and no joke.
Even though I have pale skin with strong yellow undertones, it was a hassle for me to find a matching shade. The color selection is either too pale and pink or too orange and tan (my closest match was bronze beige). If you don't blend and fade this out on the perimeters of your face it will set weird like a mask so you need to blend and work this a lot before it dries.
If you have dry skin or dry patches DO NOT BUY THIS FOUNDATION.
I will edit this review in case more thoughts about this product come to mind during the week.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the first time I've tried a Wet N' Wild foundation, and after 3 applications I still can't get it to work for me. The color match is really good (I got mine in Rose Ivory, and I am a cool borderline/ neutral tones pale chick), and I like the packaging...but that's it. The biggest issue I have is the major cake face this gives me. When I apply it, it just sits on top of my skin, and has that kind of dry silicone feeling that a lot of primers have. I don't feel it blends that well. It literally flakes my skin out everywhere, even my forehead. I know I could try different application methods, and I could try to really moisturize a lot beforehand...but honestly I don't want a foundation I have to take extra steps with, just to make it look normal.

I'll give it a try in the summertime and update my review if anything changes. Otherwise, this is a dud for me, and I'd advise anyone with dry skin to avoid this product.

I give this foundation 3 lippies. At first it gave a beautiful finish. Semi Dewy. As other reviewers stated it did have a smell of paint. I legit felt like I was at Sherwin Williams. Where this foundation failed for me is that one it oxidized at least three shades darker then what I am and it did not provide as much coverage as I had hoped for. I know a lot of reviewers said this felt like cake face. When first applied it does not look caked but as the day goes on it definitely settles in lines and creases. Ill leave this foundation for the preschooler's who want to dabble in make up. As for me I heard good things about this foundation otherwise I would have never considered putting a wet n wild foundation on my face. I will stick to my holy grail double wear. Worth trying at the price point but do not expect amazing results. You get what you pay for. For reference I am a NW22 in Mac Studio Fix and a 2C1 Fresco in double wear and I purchased the color 03 Buff Bisque and it was a good match at first not after it oxidized.

on 3/15/2017 12:28:00 PM

I had high hopes for this, despite mixed reviews. I've worn it the last 3 days, and tried different methods to make it work and I hated it each time. I'll be taking it back today. I bought it for a total of $6.35 at Walgreens in the color classic beige. I looked at the colors for a long time before I decided on this shade. I even grabbed revlon colorstay in 330 off the shelf to compare because I have that one at home and love the color. I don't mind the spatula but it is kind of weird because it's such a liquidy formula. I like the formula though because it doesn't feel heavy. I just dip the spatula in and out and wipe some on the back of my hand. Monday I used this with the smashbox pore minimizing primer, a bb to apply the foundation and used setting spray even though someone said it reacts weird. I thought it looked ok, nothing special. You could still see acne marks and my scarring. But all day I was paranoid I looked orange. I asked 3 people and even sent a picture to my friend but they all said I didn't look orange, 1 just said I was orange by my hairline. Most of the orangeyness WAS at the top by my hairline. Maybe it collects on vellus hairs in a bad way? I usually shave the white peach fuzz off my face but don't get too close because I don't want to accidently shave away at my hairline. It lasted well but I hated feeling like that. Yesterday I applied over benefit porefessional(I hate both of the primers mentioned btw but I'm using up porefessional and was testing the smashbox one) with an oval brush and my ud all nighter again. YUCK. This looked so weird, almost like crumbly and spotty I guess? I can't even describe it. And it looked like I didn't have anything on my chin. I feel like I'm so much more in tune with how things look on myself now since becoming an esthetician and since having a bad time with my skin. I wanted to rip my skin off yesterday and couldn't wait to get home and wash my face because I felt like I looked so horrible. Today I applied it with no primer and no setting spray with a beauty blender. Also the 1st and 3rd days I applied coty airspun all over with a brush. The 2nd day I applied the same powder with my bb. I still feel like today, with using two layers instead of one this time, it's not covering much or making my skin look that great and that weird chin thing is happening again. I also omitted bronzer on my perimeter thinking that was somehow making my hairline orange but nope, it's this. It still happened today. I've never paid attention to a foundation Oxidizing before because I didn't care but now I notice it and I hate it. My skin is textured/has acne scars, but it's neither oily nor dry. This makes me look like I have dry patches in some places. I thought this would be a nice lightweight/cheap foundation with good coverage for me because I thought a lot of people that hated it were very dry but this just sucks unfortunately. Still love you wnw but this was such a disappointment, I thought it was going to be great.