wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I bought this foundation because of all of the overwhelmingly positive reviews on YouTube.

It's very inexpensive, but still a waste of my money.

In general I would say that I have nice skin. I'm in my early forties, but have very few lines and in general am very proud of how nice my skin still looks. Until I put on this foundation. Suddenly, my skin looks terrible.

I've used fingers, brushes, beauty blender, primer, no primer.

The best thing I can say about this foundation is that I feel so good about my skin when I take it off.

This foundation is just ok for me. It does make my combo/oily skin matte and provides good coverage, though I found it settles into lines and around my nose a bit. It does smell like paint but the scent dissipates. The price is good for the quality. I like the glass bottle, though the spatula application can get a bit messy. I'd much prefer if it was a pump!

Overall, it's a fine foundation but there are other drug store options I like better.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got the Espresso version and it’s way too light for my taste compared to my Fenty Beauty foundation which is more reddish brown. This foundation is yellow. I don’t mind yellow but peach will probably be better. I am not one of those melanin chicks who look casket ready.

on 1/14/2019 11:49:00 AM

I was so interested in trying out this foundation but I have to say I was quite disappointed. First of all, I think the shade range is quite off. The lightest colors are way to light and ashy and have pink undertones and then it skips to dark, way to yellow/orange shades. That aside, I feel like it looks bad on the skin. I don't know what people love about it so much. I have tried to make it work in so many ways, yet I'm never happy with the result. I tried it on bare skin with no primer and it cracked around my nose and it was very visible around my mouth, forehead etc. I tried it again with a really good moisturizer and a luminous primer and yet again, it looked dry around the nose. What i look for in a foundation is decent coverage but a natural finish. This one is way too obvious on the skin, not as long lasting as other people say it is. I can see this working for people with oily skin and no texture on their skin. On me it looks almost like flour on top of my skin, very powdery. I tried using setting sprays on top to melt it into the skin but at the end of the day, there are so many foundations out there that don't require so much work and look good, fresh and natural on the skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. I bought it because it was cheap and I wanted to give it a try. God knows I don't need anymore makeup let alone foundation. I don't mind the smell because it has no artificial fragrance in it. If it did, I would break out into a rash. The smell is the natural chemicals in the foundation, which I'm 100 percent fine with. The formula is GREAT! I was really surprised. It's far better than EL doublewear and Revlon's colorstay. It kept me matte all day and night. For reference I wore Paula's choice primer underneath it and Colorscience spf 50 body sunscreen underneath that. It does not transfer either. It's 28 degrees here, where I live. I'm wearing a turtleneck, a hat, scarf, etc and no makeup mess on my clothes. I also wore it to a museum where the heat was cranked up and I sweated like a mother f*cker and my makeup stayed in place like nothing I've ever seen with no transfer. It gives you medium coverage right off the bat. It would be really hard to get light coverage on this. The bottle can get messy, but I don't care because the makeup is only $4.00. The color I got is SHELL IVORY. It has a beige undertone which I don't like. It did oxidize a bit on me. I wanted something a tad lighter with yellow undertone. (I bought this online on Amazon). I also bought porcelain which was ghostly on me. I also bought ROSE IVORY which is the EXACT same shade as SHELL IVORY -wtf? I will need to buy a better shade because I love this makeup. It also blends really fast - unlike EL's doublewear which takes me forever to get right.

Excellent for oily skin. Lasts on the skin for over 14 hours - shine free! For reference I use Paula’s Choice zinc oxide tinted sunscreen and Hourglass mineral veil primer. I sometimes use powder to finish the look but not always as I find that most days I don’t need it. Best part? No transfer! No transfer on my sunglasses, turtleneck sweaters, etc!!! I love this. My color is shell ivory which looks pink in the bottle but applies neutral. I also wear sand in Bobbi Brown stick foundation- for reference. Warm ivory in double wear - which I don’t wear anymore because this $4.99 foundation replaced it!!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was excited to buy this because of all the hype but I honestly hated it. It looked so cakey on my dry skin.

on 1/1/2019 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this Foundation Based on all the positive reviews on the wet and wild website. When I got it home I tried it out and I could not believe how amazing this Foundation makes your skin look. It absolutely makes it look like your wearing a very high-end Foundation. It gives your skin a very smooth look. I applied the Foundation using a beauty blender. To me it is a satin finish not greasy and not Matte. It gives your skin a total natural look. I will absolutely purchase this again. This may be my favorite New Foundation.
According to the wet and wild website my shade should have been golden beige based on the current brand foundation and color that I'm using currently. They were all out of golden beige so I picked up cream beige which is the next shade after golden beige. It's just a tad darker than I wanted but once it was on it looked fine I'm going to keep this one but I'm also going to pick up a golden beige.

01/01/2019 This is an update to my review. I went out and purchased the other shade which is golden beige in CVS. This is the correct shade. When I applied it for the second time I did notice it had a semi matte finish . It did not go into my fine lines and once it was it settled into skin, it didn't look semi matte anymore. For some reason the darker shade I applied yesterday didn't seem as matte than the lighter shade. Overall I'm still loving it. I will be wearing it for 13 hours today and will give an update .

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I prefer powder usually but I needed better coverage and picked this up. I'm really happy with it.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got this because Tati raves about it ! She had totally different skin than me though. This intensifies my acne and just does a really poor poor job! Sad i wanted to like it