Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.1

on 6/19/2017 3:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This foundation has a great color range, especially for such an affordable brand. I love the little applicator wand and the simple glass packaging. The shades also come with undertone descriptions on the bottle, which is handy and makes choosing your shade a lot easier.

Performance-wise, it works really well for me. It does sink into my pores and accentuate them, so I have to make sure to use a pore filling primer on certain areas before application. It's definitely not a natural foundation, it is obvious I am wearing foundation when I apply this. That being said, it looks beautiful after proper prep and it provides a really nice medium/full, buildable coverage. It wears well for several hours (as long as I set it). The longest I've worn it is maybe 5 hours in very warm weather and it held up really well, even in my T zone. I am very acne prone and I don't feel that this foundation breaks me out, which is a HUGE bonus.

However it smells horrible, like literal paint. I mean, I'm sure the majority of foundations smell this way before added scents and masking agents. But actually smelling it as I apply it to my face gives me anxiety by confronting me with the reality of how horrible for your skin foundation actually is. Due to this, I never reach for it anymore. It's not always the case that more affordable foundations have worse ingredients, but when it comes to this foundation, I do think that my skin has been sensitive to it. I have experienced a bit of stinging after application, but it could've been something else as I only experienced this once or twice. But all of these factors combined just kind of make me reluctant to retry it past the initial tests.

I see the hype on youtube and wanted to try. But I don't get it, there is nothing special on this foundation. The texture is very watery, the coverage is thin and doesn't cover my flaws and not even out my redness. When I saw reviews on youtube I was kinda excited because I saw the coverage and the end result was amazing on the youtubers but I don't get the same result.

The smell is bad and I hate the applicator it causes a lot of mess on the bottle. Very disappointed.

I actually really hate this foundation and am totally surprised when I see it talked up in the beauty-sphere. Number one, it smells god-awful. I'm not usually one to complain about scents, and I don't need all my products to smell like roses, but this was just unbearable. It smelled like cheap paint and it never faded, I could smell it on my face all day. Aside from that, it just ended up bringing out all my texture issues, so I just looked like a bumpy, cakey mess. The longevity was average for me, about 7 to 8 hours, but it just looked so uneven, even though I applied it with my real techniques sponge.

The bright side is that the shade I bought, nude ivory, was a great match for my neutral fair skintone. I also only paid about $6 for this at CVS, so it's a great option of this works for you (although I can only see it working for people with normal skin completely free of any texture issues like closed comedomes, acne scars, dry patches, ect., and those people might not even be inclined to choosing this medium-full coverage foundation). Either way, I advise you to save your money and look for better rated drugstore options.

on 6/16/2017 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was hopeful this product would work for me -- but it didn't. Upon opening the bottle for application, I immediately recognized a "paint-like" smell. Foundation provided medium coverage and stayed put for about 8 hours before breaking down.
The big reason I only rated this product 1 out of five -- my face had red patches when I removed my makeup. I wore this foundation several times and the results were the same. My skin does not like this foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked the formula and the low price. I think I would buy this again!

on 6/14/2017 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this foundation for the price! They have quite a few color options, but they were a little confusing. The best I could do in the store was look at the bottle and look at my skin. I just know is that I'm fair and neutral. My Walgreen's wasn't stocked super great when I went, but I picked up Nude Ivory. (A week or so later I saw another shade that probably would've matched me slightly better, at another retailer, but that's okay.) Nude Ivory is a pretty decent match, but a tad dark for my skin. It's soooo slightly too dark. Not a big deal, I blend it down my neck and it looks perfect.
The formula does indeed smell like paint but it dissipates fairly quickly and I don't notice it after I'm done doing my makeup. I'm not a huge fan of the spatula situation. It's not bad. I'd just prefer a pump, but I know that'd make it more costly so I get why they don't do it. It's such an affordable foundation and I appreciate that so much. Sometimes I don't want to purchase a $40 foundation, because geeze that's spendy. I'm so glad Wet n Wild exists as a brand and they keep their stuff affordable and cruelty-free! Anyways, I digress.
Wearing this I noticed that if I use too much it does indeed get cakey. I think this is probably a medium coverage foundation, but I prefer a lighter coverage foundation these days so I use just a dab on my cheeks, forehead, and chin and blend it out with a beauty blender or my real techniques sponge. I find this works super well. I set it with the Wet N Wild "Bronzer" in the shade "Reserve Your Cabana" lightly, as if I pack on this powder too much you can see that it's too dark for my skintone. (I love this powder btw.) This sets my makeup really well and makes the finish look flawless.
I find this foundation lasts all day on my skin and I haven't noticed a break out specifically from this product, but of course as with any product YMMV.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The best for oily skin!

on 6/12/2017 2:16:00 AM

Will finish the bottle but will not purchase again. cons: it's CAKEY when you build it up, it's thick, feels like a thick mask on my face, smells like paint but it's not as bad as the revlon colorstay, it broke up around my nose. Pros: the price is good and the packaging is good quality. I don't recommend

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After knowing how my face reacts to their crappy foundation i stupidly tried this product.....it looked like a mask the whole evening, if i touched my face a smear was left behind. The next day (today) part of my face beside my nose is swollen it looks grotesque like i have some type of facial edema. Horrible cystic acne brewing the worst i've ever had. If you have any cystic acne probs steer clear of this horseshit. Plus when I first opened it the neck of the bottle was broken, if i had liked it I wouldve had to put it in a different container......turns out the trash container worked best.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Purchased as I was looking for a cruelty free, well priced foundation. Purchased on line. Had concern that the porcelain color would be too yellow from the photo on line but was perfect to use for cool toned very fair skin. Was very surprised how well the color matched. Much better than many high end foundations.

Formula is thick and I have very dry skin. I used a primer over moisturizer. Applied with fingers to control amount of foundation. Buffed with a blender sponge by Tarte. Looked amazing. What truly surprised me is that it lasted all day. Most foundations I've used disappear into my skin before my day is over.

Highly recommend