wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.1

on 6/15/2018 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Who paid all of those youtubers to say this was good lol.
I was dry-very dry skin and I could have fried food on my face with how much oil I was producing
It drys super matte and looks cakey too and wouldn't sit on certain areas of my skin at all, and then within a couple of hours the grease comes out???
Seriously how did all of the beauty gurus hype this up

Hello MUA,
I'm impressed with this foundation. Being a Cosmetologist and a Nurse, among the many other roles us as women juggle in our everyday lives..this liquid foundation is not only affordable, but does the job as say Double Wear. You can build up the coverage or down. Use a lightly moist makeup blender, to make it a lighter coverage, want even more of a BB or CC feel to it, mix it with your moisturizer on the back of your clean hand.. even though it is a medium coverage foundation, their are many things you can do with this foundation to fit your needs and still love this great product! This foundation has no weird smell, goes on well and stays put without a powder. Powder, save until you actually need it to reduce shine or need a touch up! Set it with a setting spray instead. The results are amazing! Being 47 years old now, soon 48 in September..Yes, I recommend this for people of any age. I truly believe that you should always have 2 bottles of whatever foundation you are using, many makeup artists to the Stars believe that too! One that matches your skin tone and the other, a shade a little darker for Summer. Mixology 101, very simple. Also, if warm or cool tones are keeping you guessing, or are a little too much in the any product... you can't go wrong with just a Neutral tone! By the time you contour, use a highlighter or bronzer, no one will know and it's better to control how much pink or yellow tone's yourself, than say use overkill that's in the actual bottle! I've read the reviews, most of them. So, please let me address some of the problems some of you are having. I'm here to help, not to judge. If you feel like the foundation is, "sliding off your face".. it's what you might be doing before you put the foundation on that's the problem. Too much primer, moisturizer with spf, or just overload with sunscreen. ALL of these things are important, obviously. However, when you have a stay put foundation and your putting on a primer, I feel it's doing the opposite. Don't use the primer. Primer is over rated. Especially in the hot months, where you sweat and melt every which way and the humidity and dewpoint, ugh. Hot melting mess of drip and slide or slip and slide. It's ok on skipping a few preps here b4 foundation time! Honestly, skip the morning moisturizer. Yup! Your skin has enough oils going on in the Summer! Just use sunscreen! Please use sunscreen, even if a product says it has it in there. Let it absorb into the skin b4 you apply foundation. That should solve the problem!
Back to the review. It feels lightweight on your face, it doesn't cake, crep into fine lines or wrinkles. It blurs them well. We all know the claims for selling makeup, some are far fetched and to me and seems almost a scam and fraud!
Not this foundation! True to what it claims! Surprise! L. The bottle, it's cute with the "magic wand" as I call it. However, I tend to warm up the foundation on the back of my clean hand, then apply. Drugstore foundations have improved SO much over the years! MANY are BETTER than the "High End", in so many ways! Trying is believing!
I have combo skin, and the proper skincare, aides in the way your makeup results look. If you have acne prone skin, address the problem before you put anything on your skin. Switching constantly to different skincare or foundation for example, can cause havic on acne prone skin. Oil base foundations, harshly cleansing your skin, ect can be the agravater here. Speak to a good dermatologist and get different opinions on what's causing your breakouts. It might not be the foundation that is making you break out. I've been there, when I was younger. I am speaking from a place of empathy and compassion, & truth. Skincare, doesn't have to cost you a fortune either! KNOW your skin, know what your putting on your face, ingredient wise. Foundations, all basically have a few of the same ingredients! Any questions or concerns, you can contact me and I'll be more than happy to help you!
We want to be frugal and yet have the best! Nothing wrong with that! I might not have gotten into the science of this product, but other reviewers have. Please, check out those reviews as well!
I give my opinion, I try to help other reviewers without judgement and do my best to empower you & others! We're all human beings and and we are all in this "Beauty Brigade" together. Who doesn't want to look and feel beautiful, at any age?! Hope this helps! Xo 😇 ❤️😁

I have seen many mixed reviews about this foundation. It isn’t the best on my skin, I feel like it doesn’t settle as nice as I’d like it to, it settles into my smile lines and it transfers a lot, so for me it doesn’t wear gracefully.
However, I need to give it heads up for having such a wide shade range and stating the deepnes AND the undertone of each shade. I am very fair and finding foundation that is light enough and neutral/yellow is nearly impossible, especially in drugstores, so well done wet’n’wild.
P.S. I still use this to mix in with other foundations

on 6/7/2018 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wanted to try this foundation because I'd heard about it and Wet n Wild products have improved tremendously over the years. Overall, I like this foundation but I don't love it.

I'm a NW 15-20 in MAC and I found many fair foundations for me are warm (too yellow toned and me make look ill.). I bought Shell Ivory which is labelled as "Pale Neutral Toned" (the shade before it is warm toned.) It is an excellent match. PLEASE COMPANIES PUT THE UNDERTONES ON THE LABEL! It is very helpful to know if the foundation is warm, cool or neutral toned. Kudos to Wet n Wild for realizing that undertones matter.

I usually wear a foundation with a high spf (I have enough age spots aka sun damage and don't want more) but I knew it I doesn't have any (so it doesn't get flashback.)

I tried it with both brush and sponge/beauty blender application after applying a silicon based primer and NXY color corrector. I prefer a pump but I didn't mind the spatula (better than no application). It does have a strong paint smell. For me, it blended well and the texture was lovely. The coverage was medium but buildable (I added extra to my "problem" areas. I prefer full coverage due to very uneven skin tone.) It took a bit longer to dry than I prefer. The wear was about 6 hours (I prefer longer) but it did not look patchy. I do not irritate my sensitive combination skin.

To Summarize:

Pros (for me)
- Label clearly states the undertone, making it easier to match (Shell Ivory was an excellent match for my pale, cool toned skin).
- Blends well over with brush or beauty blender
- Texture is very good
- Does not irritate my sensitive /combination skin
- Very reasonable price

Cons: (for me)
- Coverage only medium (but buildable)
- Slower to dry (with brush or sponge)
- Not the longest wearing
- Strong paint smell (stronger than Revlon Colorstay)
- No SPF

I'm neutral about the spatula applicator.

For me, it is a good, not great foundation. I will use it as alternate for my primary foundation (Revlon Colorstay) for when I'm going to not be outside and I know I'm going to have my picture taken.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

After hearing so many positive reviews, I decided to give it a try this morning. I am a 220 in Maybelline Fit Me Matte. W&W said that my color match would be Buff Bisque, however this was too light. I went with Golden Beige.The coverage was a solid medium to full. . The problem was that the foundation never "set". It still felt tacky an hour later, which is all i could stand having it on my face. Fit Me Matte is much more comfortable to wear and dries to a soft matte finish.

on 5/23/2018 7:57:00 PM

Maybe I don't take enough selfies, but this just isn't all that great I'm finding. Very thick and 'makeup' like. A little does go a long way and the shade match (neutral beige) if fine, but I find it looks a bit cakey by mid afternoon. That smell is another thing-- fresh off the hardware shelf! It does dissipate however. Just looked at my face at 4:45pm, yep, cakey and my nose pores look obvious. Partially this could be my fault, I tried Mally's Pore Perfection on top earlier (just dabbed it on to minimize shine, etc.). Note to file, these two products do not play well together. So here's my take, I would use this for a night out where I knew there would be pictures, low lights and only a few hours of wear. It's not going to be my day to day foundation.

on 5/23/2018 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to try out Wet N Wild Photo Focus Foundation after seeing some good reviews on youtube. Well after trying this product out I was very disappointed. First of all, I chose 3 different color shades, hoping that one of them would match my light/medium, neutral skin tone. Two shades were too light for me (Nude Ivory and Rose Ivory) and the next shade up was too dark and orange for me (Soft Beige). Next I mixed two shades together and applied the foundation with a damp beauty blender. It went on very splotchy and had minimal coverage. This product did nothing to cover old acne scars and redness. . I also accentuated all my dry spots and fine lines and made my face look dirty for some reason. All in all, I wasn't happy with this foundation and would not recommend it to anybody.

on 5/23/2018 2:14:00 PM

bleh.
i was really excited about this one, hearing lots of people rave about how great and affordable it is, but it just isn't for me. this foundation slides around my face, refuses to blend of buff into the skin, and clings to every single dry patch and bit of texture that i have. my forhead legitemately looks like sandpaper when i apply this. it does have a paint smell, which does not bother me personally, but the blending and texture issues definitely do.
i admit that the failure of this foundation is partially the fault of my skin, it's pretty rough and patchy. if you have smoother and less dry skin, i think it's worth a try, since it's only 6 dollars and does have some good reviews.

on 5/18/2018 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

as someone with oily, textured skin, i don't love this foundation. i don't have much overall redness to conceal so this does an okay job of evening out my skin tone, but it's INCREDIBLY cakey and does not build well over itself. when i wear this i have to finish concealing any hyperpigmentation with a complementary concealer, which isn't the worst thing in the world, but i have used other foundations that build much better than this (and concealer is expensive when you use it to conceal as much of your face as i do!).

this looks best applied in a very thin/sheer layer. i use brushes pretty exclusively to put on my base and i suspect this applies better with a sponge. my brushes are dense and do a good job of maintaining coverage but you really don't want to put on too much of this at one time imho.

pros:
- great shade range for lighter skin tones - porcelain is actually too light for me even after drying down! nice to have a CF option at the drugstore for foundation for skin tones on both ends of the spectrum
- cap is very secure thanks to grooves along opening, sturdy packaging
- smell doesn't linger throughout the day
- applicator is weird, but it does sort of work to manage how much product you're using at one time

cons:
- tacky finish, never dries down - powdering only slightly mattifies, mostly serves to make the foundation look more cakey
- offensive odor, VERY strong during application
- seems to have flashback
- not particularly buildable, low/medium coverage
- applicator is unwieldy
- cap gets dirty and gunky with product over time

this stuff also wears off really terribly, with other foundations i can use a finger to tap product back into place wherever i see separation but with this it just comes off my skin altogether. i prefer to only wear this for a few hours at a time.

i will repurchase since i don't like to spend a ton of money on foundation and i like to support CF brands but i am still keeping my eyes peeled for other CF foundations because i'm not a huge fan of this one.

update 5.30.18: i've tried this with a sponge and i feel like that helped with the tackiness significantly. it feels almost matte after i finish application with a sponge. i also find that it's much less tacky when i use less product - so it seems that on top of simply looking bad when overapplied, overapplication can also lead to a strange finish. use this sparingly! i would not recommend if you're someone who depends on your foundation for a lot of coverage.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe that such a fantastic foundation could come from Wet'n'Wild! In fact, this may just be my Holy Grail...until the next HG comes along, of course :)

I originally tried this out in the light warm and light-medium warm shades, and while I was happy with the foundation formula, the color just wouldn't work. I honestly didn't think of trying the neutral shades since I'm on the olive side, but after seeing how well the True Match Lumi in N1-N2 matched me, I decided to try this again in neutral. I'm so happy I did! I used a damp sponge to apply it, and the coverage and finish of this foundation is lovely, very natural looking. It looks good no matter what the lighting! It's light to medium coverage and can be built a little; it'll never be full coverage without screaming "foundation!". The wear time is fantastic (with primer). It didn't irritate or dry out my skin, or cause any breakouts.

The bottle itself is a little strange: I never encountered a foundation bottle with a paddle. I do prefer pumps since they keep air and germs out of the foundation, so the fact that this bottle doesn't have a pump limits its shelf life to 3-6 months max. But given that I bought this for less than $6, I can easily afford to replace it. As far as how sanitary the paddle is, it's no worse than the doe foot applicators that most concealers come with. If anything, it's somewhat better in that I can use the paddle to drop some foundation on the back of my hand--the paddle doesn't have to touch my skin at all.

There's 20 shades which cover a good range of skin tones. A lot of the foundation shades run very light: as I mentioned, I'm a N1-2 in True Match Lumi and I had to go with the light-medium neutral shade of Buff Bisque. So if you automatically reach for the lightest shade in a foundation, you may want to rethink it as you may find yourself needing a shade (or even two) darker than you'd usually pick. I can't speak to how well the darkest tones work as I don't have dark skin, but I feel like even the deep ones could have been even more so.

This foundation is definitely worth trying at least once. For $6, how could you go wrong?