Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.7

on 12/21/2017 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is not bad foundation at all. I was not expecting to like it and actually it surprised me and I have used half the bottle already. This is supposed to prevent photo flashback but I have never experienced that anyway so that selling point is meaningless to me. I bought it because it was much cheaper than my current foundation and who doesn't like to save a few dollars? I had trouble choosing a shade as the color shade range is simply not quite suited for my type and I picked up Fair-Pale-Neutral 361C Shell Ivory which is slightly light for me but the next shade was much too dark. I use a slightly darker setting powder so it works out when I am finished. The light shades were either too pink or too yellow and none really fit my coloration. This one comes the closest and I will be able to use this while it is winter but come spring and summer when my skin tans, this definitely won't work for me. This is packaged in a glass bottle with the weirdest stick/paddle applicator. It's like applying foundation with a shovel. I really dislike the applicator. It shouldn't matter as I always use a sponge or brush to blend it in, but it does. I want something soft touching my skin, not this hard plastic shovel. Ugh. I try to dot it on and then go in with either my makeup sponge or foundation brush to blend it in. I get a nice even skintone with this and is blends well and has medium coverage. It has not caused any irritation but I do get occasional breakouts from this by the end of the day. Not every time I wear it though, so it could be other factors causing the breakouts rather than the foundation. It looks fine starting out and is still okay in 8-9 hours, but by the end of 14 hours, it settles in fine lines and creases and does get a little patchy right around my nose but being a glasses wearer, that happens with most foundations by the end of the day anyway. I will use this up but I won't buy it again. It was good, it just didn't unseat my favorite. I think if it had a different type of application, I'd be much more pleased with it. I can always mix two shades together and custom blend my own and often have to do that with most brands so color wasn't the biggest complaint. I picked it because it was inexpensive and I wanted to try it, but it just doesn't live up to my favorite L'Oreal Infallible foundation and I will finish it up, but I won't repurchase.

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I was very surprised at how much I liked this foundation, which is now a holy grail for me. First, the price: $4.68 at walmart. Got it in the shade Peach Natural, which I was also skeptical of, but the bottle recommended this color for light-medium, cool toned skin, and it works well. In the winter I mix it with a little bit of rose ivory. My skin is normally NW20-25, leaning a bit more toward NW25.

I have rosacea, so I need coverage, but I really don't like foundation, normally. I would consider this to be a medium coverage, and it feels very light on the skin. Very blendable. I apply with my fingers, using a Qtip to get the product off of the spatula so that I don't contaminate the product. If I could change only one thing, it would be to add a pump. It evens out my skin tone nicely, and lasts about 7-8 hours. It doesn't completely cover my rosacea, but it definitely makes me believe that I can go out in public again! The feel is quite velvety, and I don't find that it settles into lines or wrinkles, but that may have something to do with my makeup routine, since I can see that others have had that issue. I apply a thin layer of moisturizer, followed by Kiss My Face sunscreen, followed by Monistat Chafing Gel as a primer before using the Photofocus.

I have to say that I am really pleased with this--it is the best foundation I've ever tried, and that says a lot for a 59 year old grandmother who has tried everything, high to low end. My skin is combo, for reference. The paint smell is weird, but it dissipates quickly. Sold!

I only publish reviews of products that I truly believe in, and I use most of my reviewed products every day, long term. I am an ordinary woman trying to find what works without breaking the bank!

on 11/6/2017 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For starters, this foundation is much too heavy and textured if applied with your fingers. A very light application with a damp sponge makes a lot of difference. The range of shades is good. First, I bought Porcelain but it was too light for my NC15 skin tone. The Soft ivory was just right and barely oxidizes. The coverage for redness is good but I do not like how the product accents texture. The price of $7.50 is a good buy. I certainly will have no problem using the product up but probably will continue my search for the best foundation for me.

on 10/17/2017 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is good for an everyday/weekend look

Has good coverage, but is quite "paint" like. Can be built up

I found it quite drying on my skin, so I did the ol' Wayne Goss trick & put in 3-4 drops of oil and mixed it well (to the entire bottle!)

Made a huge difference! Not bad for the price!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Purchased as I was looking for a cruelty free, well priced foundation. Purchased on line. Had concern that the porcelain color would be too yellow from the photo on line but was perfect to use for cool toned very fair skin. Was very surprised how well the color matched. Much better than many high end foundations.

Formula is thick and I have very dry skin. I used a primer over moisturizer. Applied with fingers to control amount of foundation. Buffed with a blender sponge by Tarte. Looked amazing. What truly surprised me is that it lasted all day. Most foundations I've used disappear into my skin before my day is over.

Highly recommend

on 4/25/2017 7:04:00 PM

W & W discontinued its Coverall Foundation, my HG, so I tried this. Sigh--it doesn't cover or stay on as well, accentuates my pores, and feels slightly greasy on my combo skin. Preferred the plastic tube too--lighter and more portable.

on 3/14/2017 2:28:00 PM

50+ normal skin. This is a great ds foundation. Probably the only reviewer here thay used fingers to apply. Good coverage, good finish